Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185896 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #615 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 17:56:44 »

Is he still fucking here?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 17:59:28 »

If we were going to change manager it had to be in late December, so the new gaffer had a window to change things. Exactly the same as our last relegation season with Wilson, we should have got rid of him in December, we didn't.
Any manager change now would just be a Paul Hart - fucking pointless and no chance of changing the outcome.

We are down, we might as well let that go on Williams CV then get rid and let a new man start fresh in the bottom division without being the one who 'took us down'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 18:07:12 »

ooooh. i was looking forward to the oldest pro being player/caretaker manager.. branco!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 18:33:17 »

If we were going to change manager it had to be in late December, so the new gaffer had a window to change things. Exactly the same as our last relegation season with Wilson, we should have got rid of him in December, we didn't.
Any manager change now would just be a Paul Hart - fucking pointless and no chance of changing the outcome.

We are down, we might as well let that go on Williams CV then get rid and let a new man start fresh in the bottom division without being the one who 'took us down'

I agree with you again, Christ..

The Paul hart analogy is a good one, for all the talk about Williams leaving hardly anyone has come up with a (credible) suggestion for a replacement. Seems it'll just be a different person for people to swear at IMO.

ooooh. i was looking forward to the oldest pro being player/caretaker manager.. branco!

I quite like the idea of a squad rotation, winner stays on. Can't be any more farcical?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 18:46:29 »

I still don't get how he can continue when even he must know how shit he is at his job, either that or he really is completely deluded.

It's clear now that he won't quit I'm assuming for financial reasons which is somewhatunderstandable but I do wish he would stop with all the bollocks about how much he cares about the club and how hard he is trying. If he really cared he would have admitted he wasn't the right man for the job and stepped aside but there is no sign of that happening. If he genuinely does believe he is the right person for the job then I really do fear for his sanity.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #620 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 18:57:22 »

Maybe Power is convinced Williams is good and wants to stick with him in the hope he'll come good, in the same way with the players. Give them enough exposure, overlook the shit and fingers crossed all will come good.
I wouldn't bet against Power, Embleton and Power being here next season. I also wouldn't bet against us trying to keep some of the shit players out of contract and write this season off as a learning exercise for all.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 18:57:39 »

Sorry but are people here really saying if they had a cushy contract that suited them and their loved ones financially they would walk away from it on principle if they weren't performing well enough? Just for the good of the company?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 19:07:43 »

I wouldn't
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 19:17:05 »

nope. don't blame Williams in that way whatsoever.

he's doing his best, it's just not good enough
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 20:17:44 »

I agree with you again, Christ..

The Paul hart analogy is a good one, for all the talk about Williams leaving hardly anyone has come up with a (credible) suggestion for a replacement. Seems it'll just be a different person for people to swear at IMO.

I quite like the idea of a squad rotation, winner stays on. Can't be any more farcical?

I don't know why you sound so surprised.
I've always talked the most sense on the TEF.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 20:43:00 »

Sorry but are people here really saying if they had a cushy contract that suited them and their loved ones financially they would walk away from it on principle if they weren't performing well enough? Just for the good of the company?

Football is a bit different to normal industries isn't it, there aren't many where you will get the level of exposure as you do in football. I wouldn't be able to just sit there knowing I was hated and just let endless levels of abuse pass me by as it's really going to build now we are as good as down. It will take its toll eventually and he needs to balance leaving with some dignity or tarnishing his name to the extent he'all struggle to get another job at a decent level ever again.  The longer he struggles the more it will look to potential employers that his early success here was just luck...

He would probably get a pay out anyway as he could in all likelihood claim constructive dismissal already based on the level of interence from above that there has been.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 20:56:24 »

Football is a bit different to normal industries isn't it, there aren't many where you will get the level of exposure as you do in football. I wouldn't be able to just sit there knowing I was hated and just let endless levels of abuse pass me by as it's really going to build now we are as good as down. It will take its toll eventually and he needs to balance leaving with some dignity or tarnishing his name to the extent he'all struggle to get another job at a decent level ever again.  The longer he struggles the more it will look to potential employers that his early success here was just luck...

He would probably get a pay out anyway as he could in all likelihood claim constructive dismissal already based on the level of interference from above that there has been.

Not sure about that. Divine intervention is probably the only thing that can save us now.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 21:09:50 »

He would probably get a pay out anyway as he could in all likelihood claim constructive dismissal already based on the level of interence from above that there has been.

He would need to be here for two years for that, unless it fulfills one of the exceptional circumstances for a claim in under two years, which I don't think Williams does.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 22:01:08 »

He would need to be here for two years for that, unless it fulfills one of the exceptional circumstances for a claim in under two years, which I don't think Williams does.
Been an employee of the club for 4 years so don't think that would be an issue...
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Sunday, March 19, 2017, 09:36:42 »

Somebody on here recently mentioned (think it may have been Paul D) that the 5 year contract didn't start when LW was manager but when he was 1st appointed as a coach. If this is the case then he may well only have just over a year left shich shouldn't be too expensive to pay up if necessary. Does anybody actually know when LW's employment with the club began?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: