Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185132 times)
Pericles

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 20:38:56 »

I didn't hear it either from the DR, perhaps because we had won the previous 2 games and were enjoying a false dawn.  As, has been stated, that may change on Tuesday unless we pull off some amazing performance and actually get something from the game. A miracle result on Tuesday will not change my personal view, or many others I suspect, that Williams is shite but it would quieten some people down. At least until we follow it up with the usual shite perfomance the following Saturday.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 07:54:51 »

Some months ago I wrote that if we go down, it won't be with Williams in charge. Unfortunately, I think that's going to be proved wrong. However, I do think Williams will not be Head Coach next season. In January Power said Williams now had all the tools he needed. He's going to fail with them and that'll be that. He'll either go back to being a coach or won't be at the club at all. So, it'll be Div 4 and a massive rebuilding job needed, hopefully by a manager who is allowed to build his own side - this, I think, will determine success or failure next season.

Williams won't resign before we're relegated. And that's fair enough. Why should he? He's got to prove to himself that he's not good enough and that won't come until we're down. We all know he is failing but he will only accept he has failed when the fight is lost.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 09:13:24 »

well Pauld is right, lack of unity. and a resignation things won't get better under Power from most.

Sack Williams and a proper manager replacing him seems very unlikely.

Then Power added Sherwood to the mix to further muddy the waters.

I'd credit Power with divide and conquer tactics, but i doubt he's that clever. imo he's a shrewd financial bully.

i do agree that Williams is now set up for the chop over the summer. have some sympathy though - we can all see that Gladwin and colkett have talent but aren't what you need in a relation fight. that dabo looks ok but nothing more. that feruz was a joke signing. that leaves you with Ince and Ajose as saviours in a squad that was relation bound. tools to stay up my arse, too little too late.

Here's one for the conspiracy theorists: wonder if Williams has a 'relagation' clause in his contact?

one things for sure, if the management stays the same next season after a relagation, the fan base will have the life sucked it of it before a ball is kicked
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 09:29:24 »

Think we all know it's relegation now. Shame but it's been coming and we have been preparing for it for weeks now even months as fans.

Massive changes are needed in the summer. Sherwood and Williams both have to go unless Sherwood really does have big plans over the summer to actually bring fresh blood in. I doubt that though as he is fucking around doing punditry on European football nights in the week. Don't believe a word of Power's "he is working really hard" bullshit.

Manager has to go, Embleton has to go, Sherwood most likely as well. We then need a decent enough lower league manager (even if it's just in the Long mould) to come in and bring some new staff in with them. And that includes a fucking fitness coach. Then we need a squad overhaul. The manager will have to have some input on my eyes. There is no point bringing in a new gaffer to then not give him some control or say over his team. A few run of the mill half decent L2 players would be alright. A bit of experience and quality at that level will go a long way. Then mix them with the usual kids and loans and we might be OK.

The alternative is to turn to an ex high profile player again who would get their first break in coaching. Someone younger players will look up to and take inspiration from.

Either way Williams has to be gone.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 09:35:53 »

ifb, that's what should happen yes..

but... remember this statement... he's going to have to change his ways

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindon_town_2014/15089562.Power_speaks_out_on_current_plight/
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 11:07:58 »

I watched about a minute of the interview with him after the game. He's got to be the least inspiring man we could possibly have in charge. All season it's 'we need to learn how to get the players not to be such a bunch of mentally inept fart knockers and it's a question he is repeatedly unable to answer. The players are not learning tactically or how to deal with simple match situations like 'being able to hold a lead/not concede a goal less than a minute after we have scored, or the frankly pathetic showings straight after half time.

I'm sure he's a nice man and of course he has his pride and so won't resign but enough is enough. I've seen more fight amongst our own bickering supporters than this team, they also should be ashamed of themselves for not backing up their words on the pitch. 'We go again' translates as 'we'll be equally shit next match'.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 11:13:37 »

All season we've heard the "lacking mental strength " comment about this team.

Can't cope with the pressure or expectation when in front or behind, etc

The point is that this is the job of the MANAGER to sort out, and Theron lies the problem, we don't fucking have one & ultimately haven't for some time.

If we don't get someone that can inspire/bully/cajole players we will continue to struggle.

The thing that frustrates is that it's fairly obvious that it's a problem but we haven't done anything to rectify it
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 14:11:06 »

well Pauld is right, lack of unity. and a resignation things won't get better under Power from most.

Sack Williams and a proper manager replacing him seems very unlikely.

Then Power added Sherwood to the mix to further muddy the waters.

I'd credit Power with divide and conquer tactics, but i doubt he's that clever. imo he's a shrewd financial bully.

i do agree that Williams is now set up for the chop over the summer. have some sympathy though - we can all see that Gladwin and colkett have talent but aren't what you need in a relation fight. that dabo looks ok but nothing more. that feruz was a joke signing. that leaves you with Ince and Ajose as saviours in a squad that was relation bound. tools to stay up my arse, too little too late.

Here's one for the conspiracy theorists: wonder if Williams has a 'relagation' clause in his contact?

one things for sure, if the management stays the same next season after a relagation, the fan base will have the life sucked it of it before a ball is kicked

This for me..

I've never felt this low since we got demoted two divisions...I wore a younger man's clothes back then so I suppose my views are different now but nevertheless...

I told an Oxford fan in Marseilles in the summer that I feared relegation this season and I have little confidence in next....

Clems Army!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 14:41:17 »

Power is responsible for this shit.... he needs to consider his position.  He either needs to start running the club properly or sell it.
This.  You say it like it is.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #594 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 14:42:57 »

All season we've heard the "lacking mental strength " comment about this team.

Can't cope with the pressure or expectation when in front or behind, etc

The point is that this is the job of the MANAGER to sort out, and Theron lies the problem, we don't fucking have one & ultimately haven't for some time.

If we don't get someone that can inspire/bully/cajole players we will continue to struggle.

The thing that frustrates is that it's fairly obvious that it's a problem but we haven't done anything to rectify it
Williams and embleton lack the mental strength. That much is fucking obvious.
flash

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 03:30:16 »

Power is responsible for this shit.... he needs to consider his position.  He either needs to start running the club properly or sell it.
I would quite happily buy the club if Power and I can agree on a satisfactory price.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #596 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 08:29:13 »

I would quite happily buy the club if Power and I can agree on a satisfactory price.
Yes but a bag of magic seeds and a fun sized mars bar is way off the what he would want I would think Wink .

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 09:50:01 »

Yes but a bag of magic seeds and a fun sized mars bar is way off the what he would want I would think Wink .
Sounds like you're going to have to up the offer to a Mars Duo flash?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #598 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 10:40:06 »

Sounds like you're going to have to up the offer to a Mars Duo flash?
Spendthirft.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 10:46:00 »

Does anyone have any idea really what it would take for Power to walk away, less what he wants for his trouble as that's entirely up to him, more what it would take to pay back all the debts to him, plus does the money become payable to Black or is that just on ground development?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: