Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185778 times)
digby

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 19:47:39 »

Luke Williams is a development coach. He talks like one and manages like one. He is tactically inept. His decisions are based on his mentality of developing young players. He plays them in a system that is designed to help them learn the game, not win competitive matches against managers with tactical nouse suited to the level they are managing at. Power wants to run Swindon like an acadamy so I guess that doesn't really matter what division we are in. We could still do the same at conference level. Williams interviews all point to his mentality as a development coach, 'players need to learn', 'experience can only come through experience', bollocks like that. Our form under his tenure has demonstrated this. We haven't had a decent run in two years. His man managment is probably the same, they are young kids which is his comfort zone. Trouble is when he is managing a youth squad there is no real pressure as long as some quality is coming off the conveyor belt. He is totally out of his depth at this level.

This is it in a nutshell - nice bloke, maybe a good youth coach but certainly NOT a manager !
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 19:53:52 »

We have seen utter complacency from the fan base with regards to Williams, it's astonishing that calls for his head did not start at matches weeks ago. For all those who say we have a higher than average number of idiots that support us, bollocks, for someone so incompetent and with such a poor record Williams has been given a massively easy ride from the fans.

I can only put this down to too many supporters having the 'at least we have a club' mindset - what else would explain such acceptance?
As usual you are reliably utterly wrong. The problem is not complacency by the fans but a lack of unity as to what should be the objective - there have been people voicing their protest at matches for weeks if not months now, but they do so by singing "We want Power out". Which not everyone subscribes to. So half the crowd stay quiet or mutter "Yeah and who comes in then?" and it dies out. If they sang "We want Williams out" the whole ground would join in (EDIT: clearly this is an exaggeration, but lots more would). It's not complacency, it's lack of unity
digby

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 19:59:38 »

We have seen utter complacency from the fan base with regards to Williams, it's astonishing that calls for his head did not start at matches weeks ago. For all those who say we have a higher than average number of idiots that support us, bollocks, for someone so incompetent and with such a poor record Williams has been given a massively easy ride from the fans.

I can only put this down to too many supporters having the 'at least we have a club' mindset - what else would explain such acceptance?

I believe the reason he's survived such a shit tenure is that the disaffected fanbase has been split into two - the more vociferous and forceful group are the 'Power Out' brigade who apportion the blame to Power for appointing him.  I believe the more realistic of us who have realised Williams is NOT a manager (maybe a youth coach - see Pericles post above). This has somewhat let Williams off the hook ..... unfortunately !!
digby

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 20:01:35 »

Just saw Paulds post which he must have been posting while I was writing mine !

Great minds..... and all that !!
Pericles

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 20:02:04 »

As usual you are reliably utterly wrong. The problem is not complacency by the fans but a lack of unity as to what should be the objective - there have been people voicing their protest at matches for weeks if not months now, but they do so by singing "We want Power out". Which not everyone subscribes to. So half the crowd stay quiet or mutter "Yeah and who comes in then?" and it dies out. If they sang "We want Williams out" the whole ground would join in (EDIT: clearly this is an exaggeration, but lots more would). It's not complacency, it's lack of unity
[/quote]

I have to agree with this. People were singing Power out at Coventry but there were many who didn't join in. With one guy even argung against it. My reason for not joining in was the one you stated. 'Who takes over?'. Yes, I would love to see Power leave but we need someone to buy the club from him otherwise what? We go out of business. Williams out however, would have got me in agreement. We do need to focus on the more 'realisitic' issue at this point and that is Williams is crap and needs to go. We cannot have him still in the job in League 2 or we will go the way of Tranmere and Leyton Orient for sure!
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 20:06:18 »

I have to agree with this. People were singing Power out at Coventry but there were many who didn't join in. With one guy even argung against it. My reason for not joining in was the one you stated. 'Who takes over?'. Yes, I would love to see Power leave but we need someone to buy the club from him otherwise what? We go out of business. Williams out however, would have got me in agreement. We do need to focus on the more 'realisitic' issue at this point and that is Williams is crap and needs to go. We cannot have him still in the job in League 2 or we will go the way of Tranmere and Leyton Orient for sure!

I said the same thing a few months back. The crowd need to stop singing about Power, that is never going to change and he has saved our club financially and we owe him a lot for that. However we can make a stance against Williams and Power will have to react to it. Whether you hate power or not the chant needs to be for Williams to go and not Power
Flashheart

« Reply #576 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 20:06:57 »

I've said this before.

Channel the frustration in a coherent manner and it might make an impact. Instead, it's been hijacked by the "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE MONEY" brigade which many want to keep clear of and is easily dismiss-able by Power.
Flashheart

« Reply #577 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 20:08:29 »

Actually, no, I've just changed my mind because Paul's getting too much love.

Fuck you, Davis.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 20:11:59 »

Actually, no, I've just changed my mind because Paul's getting too much love.

Fuck you, Davis.
WE WANT DAVIS OUT! WE WANT DAVIS OUT! Surely that's an idea we can all unite around?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 20:13:48 »

I said the same thing a few months back. The crowd need to stop singing about Power, that is never going to change and he has saved our club financially and we owe him a lot for that. However we can make a stance against Williams and Power will have to react to it. Whether you hate power or not the chant needs to be for Williams to go and not Power

Power is responsible for this shit.... he needs to consider his position.  He either needs to start running the club properly or sell it.
Flashheart

« Reply #580 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 20:15:27 »

WE WANT DAVIS OUT! WE WANT DAVIS OUT! Surely that's an idea we can all unite around?

Has a ring to it. Should save us from the drop us well I reckon.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 20:16:20 »

Don't know where the 'WE WANT WILLIAM S OUT' brigade sit/stand but on at least two occasions during the Gillingham game the chant was started in the town end, and was not a quiet chant it would have been heard all around the ground yet the chant died out due to lack of interest from the Arkells and the Don Rogers stand.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 20:25:16 »

Don't know where the 'WE WANT WILLIAM S OUT' brigade sit/stand but on at least two occasions during the Gillingham game the chant was started in the town end, and was not a quiet chant it would have been heard all around the ground yet the chant died out due to lack of interest from the Arkells and the Don Rogers stand.

Have to be honest, I didn't hear it from the Arkells.  The only shouting I've ever heard directed at Williams was when Chesterfield scored, which pretty much carried on through to the final whistle from people as they were leaving. I've never heard a 'We Want Williams Out' chant although I'm pretty sure that might change on Tuesday night.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 20:26:10 »

Power is responsible for this shit.... he needs to consider his position.  He either needs to start running the club properly or sell it.

Im not saying Power is not responsible, after all he appointed Williams and has not changed it. But as a business owner he is not going to walk away and no-one is going to buy the club from him. We have him for a few more years at least.

I sit in Don Rogers and can't say I heard a Williams out chant. That may have been because it got mixed with Power out though. On Tuesday everybody expects a defeat so this would be the time to make our feelings clear. Who's going to buy the orange hats.....
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 20:26:57 »

Have to be honest, I didn't hear it from the Arkells.  The only shouting I've ever heard directed at Williams was when Chesterfield scored, which pretty much carried on through to the final whistle from people as they were leaving. I've never heard a 'We Want Williams Out' chant although I'm pretty sure that might change on Tuesday night.
Sorry another senior moment,  it was Chesterfield not Gillingham.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: