Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185848 times)
NorthernRed

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:16:35 »

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

It's clear that Williams has to go.  The play has gotten so stale recently, we don't attack with purpose.  The team looks like they have so little confidence to actually try something; they look scared to make a mistake.

Now I don't get to many home games as I'm in the North, but I try and get to as many away games as I can.  The performance against Bury wasn't completely different to the performance against Bolton - only a month apart.  It's no surprise that Sherwood stepped back from team affairs shortly after the Bolton game from looking at the two performances.

In the end, if Power really wants to achieve his goal and take us to the Championship he needs to adapt his philosophy - bring a manager in who can play attractive football, motivate players and let them bring in players who don't need to bring their ID when they go out.  A winning team will make players more attractive to sell and, in the end, fans want to win.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:45:29 »

cunt.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:49:03 »

Now we've got the traditional TEF first post welcome out the way....Welcome NorthernRed. Normally living away from the CG would be frustrating between 3-5 on a Saturday. After an ever deteriorating death spiral that the club finds it in I envy you!

The point about Power and the championship. I don't mean this in a conspiracy theory way, but maintaining league 1 is probably more ideal for him. The way I see it is going up would incur a butt load of extra expense - the wages alone are huge up there - and more limits his ability to turd polish and sell on. Its got to be harder to get the kids to look good in the Championship hasn't it. And possibly a bit harder to sell into the same league.

I guess the transfer fees could go up, IF you can find a gem.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:52:31 by Batch » Logged
NorthernRed

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:54:23 »

Thanks for the welcome.

Looking at it in a cynical way if all Power wants to use the club for is a shop window for selling players and making a profit then it doesn't matter what division you're in (see Roofe/Bogle)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:55:05 »

The frustrating thing about the fact that Power won't replace Williams, is that the league is shit enough that a proper manager might actually be able to keep us up, even now.
NorthernRed

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:57:38 »

The frustrating thing about the fact that Power won't replace Williams, is that the league is shit enough that a proper manager might actually be able to keep us up, even now.

Precisely.

Bury were awful - with the supposed talent we had we should have beaten them easily, but we didn't. Why, because we weren't willing to risk it.  Did we really need 3 at the back plus a screening player when they parked the bus for 70 minutes?
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 20:59:28 »

I think it all boils down to the fact the LP and LW need their heads banging together, both are hindering the club whilst telling us how much they care and we could be in such a better position if one or both did the decent thing and made it so we could get a proper manager in.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 21:05:20 »

Thanks for the welcome.

Looking at it in a cynical way if all Power wants to use the club for is a shop window for selling players and making a profit then it doesn't matter what division you're in (see Roofe/Bogle)

Valid point,

However the two players mentioned there are decent. Bar Vigs, we have a steaming pile of shit. At least most are out of contract end of the season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 21:07:52 »

Valid point,

However the two players mentioned there are decent. Bar Vigs, we have a steaming pile of shit. At least most are out of contract end of the season.

It is, but I also reckon it would be harder to convince anyone with other options division 4 is where it is at.

We may get even turdier turds..especially the loans.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 21:09:39 »

Valid point,

But they were still picked up for buttons and flogged on for decent money....which is what interests Power as opposed to what league we're in.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 21:11:39 »

But they were still picked up for buttons and flogged on for decent money....which is what interests Power as opposed to what league we're in.

That useless twat in charge at the moment couldnt even polish a turd, so its moot at the moment
tans

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 21:13:03 »

But yes, with the number out of contract next season, it'll be quite interesting which turds will turn up pre season.

Im going for a minimum of 3 ex QPR to start with
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 21:14:08 »

But further diluted quality from this year..even harder to look good...doubt that conference football is part of the plan. I don't buy (relagation) it having no impact on sales potential..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 21:18:28 »

It is, but I also reckon it would be harder to convince anyone with other options division 4 is where it is at.

We may get even turdier turds..especially the loans.

Kevin Stewart had been at Cheltnum before us in Div 4. The boy Conroy was on loan at Aldershot from Chelsea. Lloyd Jones was also at Cheltnum and Accy. The getting top end loans went when Sherwood left Spurs. Power will still be able to pick up bodies from Glentoran, Redditch, Maidstone, park football etc.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 21:19:30 »

Kevin Stewart had been at Cheltnum before us in Div 4. The boy Conroy was on loan at Aldershot from Chelsea. Lloyd Jones was also at Cheltnum and Accy. The getting top end loans went when Sherwood left Spurs. Power will still be able to pick up bodies from Glentoran, Redditch, Maidstone, park football etc.

Fair points I suppose Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: