Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185154 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 11:04:34 »

True, I hadn't thought of overseas, there is plenty of work for coaches overseas. But that's not necessarily an attractive or viable option if you have a young family settled in the area.

On a side note, you may be right that English managers might have a bad rep in senior football, but at youth/academy/development level, English coaches seem to be well thought of, especially in the US. Know quite a few lads who've gone over there to coach in pre-Academy type set-ups, on full time permanent contracts for good money, rather than the patchwork of 2-3 hours a week here, there and everywhere at less than a tenner an hour they get offered over here.

Exactly. There's also a growing market in women's footballl especially in the US.  Luke would be far better suited for that,  than his current gig.

As far as I know, Trump hasn't yet banned Brits from going to the US, though I suppose the CG's proximity to a couple of mosques, might be a problem.
Stevens

« Reply #451 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 11:06:01 »

That doesn't mean he knows what Cooper was on, just what he (Brown) was offered. Cooper's deal might have been different

It's not worth going on - but they do know each other quite well, I'm sure they talk!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 11:07:17 »

Exactly. There's also a growing market in women's footballl especially in the US.  Luke would be far better suited for that,  than his current gig.
Yes, but may well be easier said than done, if it involves uprooting a young family. It's one thing for young single guys to piss off to the US on a 12-month contract with option/hope of an extension to permanent, quite different if you've got a young family (which I think I read he has, if not then please ignore this)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 11:15:16 »

It's not worth going on - but they do know each other quite well, I'm sure they talk!
Fair enough, take your word for it. If we're only offering £25k for a manager, we're going to struggle to get anyone in
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 11:19:29 »

I was speaking to Terry Brown the old Wimbledon boss a couple of years ago and he said he was earning more at Margate than Cooper was earning at Swindon, he quoted Cooper on £25,000 a year.
I doubt if Williams is on a large wage, and if he is relying on win bonus to bolster he is going to be short of cash.
So Power would not have to fork out much to get rid.
That would suggest Margate are paying a manager £25k+ I extremely doubt it, they would have been an Isthmian league team!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 11:20:27 »

Yes, but may well be easier said than done, if it involves uprooting a young family. It's one thing for young single guys to piss off to the US on a 12-month contract with option/hope of an extension to permanent, quite different if you've got a young family (which I think I read he has, if not then please ignore this)

People do it all the time though.  it's globalisation and the gig economy.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 11:33:32 »

People do it all the time though.  it's globalisation and the gig economy.

Indeed although I suspect not often when resigning a job with no new one to go to. With the best will in the world that's going to mean a couple of months with no income to pay the mortgage?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 11:35:48 »

Indeed although I suspect not often when resigning a job with no new one to go to. With the best will in the world that's going to mean a couple of months with no income to pay the mortgage?

Get in a lodger then.... again, it's what people do. Luke is no different after all he's told us he's working class.
Stevens

« Reply #458 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 11:37:05 »

That would suggest Margate are paying a manager £25k+ I extremely doubt it, they would have been an Isthmian league team!

They certainly were paying a lot more, they had money to burn a few seasons back, same situation with a lot of semi-pro or non-league as we like to call them.
Brown's job was to get them to the Conference, they got to Conference South and then relegated, he failed and was sacked.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 11:56:46 »

Get in a lodger then.... again, it's what people do. Luke is no different after all he's told us he's working class.
Or just keep the job you already have?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 12:20:04 »

Lets all bear in mind, this was Williams first game actually picking the team on his own as according to Power he is now in charge, previously Sherwood and before that Power himself.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 12:36:34 »

They certainly were paying a lot more, they had money to burn a few seasons back, same situation with a lot of semi-pro or non-league as we like to call them.
Brown's job was to get them to the Conference, they got to Conference South and then relegated, he failed and was sacked.

They are still in the National League South so clearly didn't get relegated.

Anyway point stands as I highly doubt they were paying £25k+ for just a manager as they only get 300 to 400 crowds.

Also if he was really only on £25k Cooper would have blatantly gone to one of the clubs that he supposedly turned down so I just don't believe it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 12:45:34 »

Or just keep the job you already have?

We're all different, but I've always known when it's time to go...and then see what happens. Might mean some shit might not....that's life.
Stevens

« Reply #463 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 12:45:43 »

They are still in the National League South so clearly didn't get relegated.

Anyway point stands as I highly doubt they were paying £25k+ for just a manager as they only get 300 to 400 crowds.

Also if he was really only on £25k Cooper would have blatantly gone to one of the clubs that he supposedly turned down so I just don't believe it.

What is the point? Just reporting what I was told from a good friend who knows Cooper well.

I am not talking about the situation now.
They had a lot of money behind them when Brown was there, and it wouldn't matter if the crowd was 10.
My mistake relegated from Conference, and just about to get relegated again.

Getting a bit frustrated know: It seems if you are not known as poster who comes on here often you know nothing, so lets say I'm just making up a load of bullshit, you are right, keep making the argument and have a nice day.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 12:51:57 »

In 2005, 20K average PA for Torquay players in the conference. And the manager was saying "we won't get promoted on that budget".

25K isn't that much out of step for the manager of a team going for it in the league below...in any case it was only what h heard.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: