Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185104 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #435 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 09:37:40 »

Nope i wouldn't just walk. I wouldn't also be shocked though to be told i was awful at my job if i was doing as bad a job as he is.

Agreed, but I'd cling on, stretch it out, fight tooth and nail for the sake of my family and the roof over my head, and on the side being doing everything I can to find another gig somewhere else.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 09:38:22 »

Just a thought for those who are saying he should resign (i.e. it's his decision).

Would you?

If you were shit at your job, but getting through it day to day, would you just pack up and leave? No. Why should he? He's not a rich man. He has a mortgage to pay, a family, lives in the town... He's not just going to up sticks is he!

tl:dr It's not his decision to make.

Absolutely. There's such a thing as dignity....staying in a job which isn't working out, just to pay the mortgage is wrong.  Far better to be able to hold your head high.  If Luke had walked earlier, he could have kept his rep as a coach....now though it's gone. Plenty of work though out there, he should be able to pick a gig somewhere in the football world.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 09:40:37 »

Absolutely. There's such a thing as dignity....staying in a job which isn't working out, just to pay the mortgage is wrong.  Far better to be able to hold your head high.  If Luke had walked earlier, he could have kept his rep as a coach....now though it's gone. Plenty of work though out there, he should be able to pick a gig somewhere in the football world.

I hear abbey meads u14's need a coach
Panda Paws

« Reply #438 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 09:48:33 »

Of course it's not wrong! I can imagine he lives month to month, like most people in their 30s with a family. Why would he give up his income?

Anyway, primary point is it's not his decision to make and Power needs to step up. Every day that passes, every match, he loses more and more of the tiny amount of credibility he has. I've been one of his staunchest defenders, particularly regarding the non-football side of the business, but even I think he's being a fucking knob.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 09:49:52 »

Agree with all that PP. Power's fault for putting LW in the position in the first place and Power's fault for not resolving it once it became clear he was out of his depth.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 10:00:49 »

Of course it's not wrong! I can imagine he lives month to month, like most people in their 30s with a family. Why would he give up his income?

Anyway, primary point is it's not his decision to make and Power needs to step up. Every day that passes, every match, he loses more and more of the tiny amount of credibility he has. I've been one of his staunchest defenders, particularly regarding the non-football side of the business, but even I think he's being a fucking knob.

I guess it's a generational thing, but in my world some things have always been more important than money.  Now I don't know the nature of Luke's contract, but if he's hoping to get the sack in the next few days so he can pick up a 4 yr pay off, rather than walk then fair enough, but the consensus seems to be that Power is unlikely to have been that stupid.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 10:19:05 »

also agree with pp.

and it's not nice to want someone sacked, but sacked he must be. or at least moved out of harms way - well away from the first team
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #442 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 10:20:20 »

I'm yet to be convinced that Power is a thieving cunt but if Williams does not go soon then I will be convinced that Power's a useless cunt.
Pretty much where I stand on it all.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 10:31:42 »

I guess it's a generational thing, but in my world some things have always been more important than money.  Now I don't know the nature of Luke's contract, but if he's hoping to get the sack in the next few days so he can pick up a 4 yr pay off, rather than walk then fair enough, but the consensus seems to be that Power is unlikely to have been that stupid.
I doubt he'd be looking to pick up a 4-year pay off (and agree that the "5-year" deal is likely to be a rolling 1-year or some such anyway which wouldn't involve much or any compo), more that he'd want to ensure he had another job to go to before walking out on the one he has. As any of us would, the more so in football where full-time roles can be scarce and insecure
Stevens

« Reply #444 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 10:34:54 »

I doubt he'd be looking to pick up a 4-year pay off (and agree that the "5-year" deal is likely to be a rolling 1-year or some such anyway which wouldn't involve much or any compo), more that he'd want to ensure he had another job to go to before walking out on the one he has. As any of us would, the more so in football where full-time roles can be scarce and insecure

I was speaking to Terry Brown the old Wimbledon boss a couple of years ago and he said he was earning more at Margate than Cooper was earning at Swindon, he quoted Cooper on £25,000 a year.
I doubt if Williams is on a large wage, and if he is relying on win bonus to bolster he is going to be short of cash.
So Power would not have to fork out much to get rid.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 10:39:52 »

How the fuck would Terry Brown know?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 10:43:02 »

Security is a problem, but there are lots of jobs out there....especially in the post Brexit world.

Football is a truly global industry, OK English coaches have a terrible rep, but there's got to be plenty of places that would be happy to have one.  Tony Adams got a nice gig at Gabala in Azerbaijan.
Stevens

« Reply #447 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 10:47:25 »

How the fuck would Terry Brown know?

He applied for the job
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 10:55:13 »

Security is a problem, but there are lots of jobs out there....especially in the post Brexit world.

Football is a truly global industry, OK English coaches have a terrible rep, but there's got to be plenty of places that would be happy to have one.  Tony Adams got a nice gig at Gabala in Azerbaijan.
True, I hadn't thought of overseas, there is plenty of work for coaches overseas. But that's not necessarily an attractive or viable option if you have a young family settled in the area.

On a side note, you may be right that English managers might have a bad rep in senior football, but at youth/academy/development level, English coaches seem to be well thought of, especially in the US. Know quite a few lads who've gone over there to coach in pre-Academy type set-ups, on full time permanent contracts for good money, rather than the patchwork of 2-3 hours a week here, there and everywhere at less than a tenner an hour they get offered over here.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 10:55:59 »

He applied for the job
That doesn't mean he knows what Cooper was on, just what he (Brown) was offered. Cooper's deal might have been different
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: