Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185204 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 18:23:14 »

No respect for tradition. Statement on a Monday, indeed.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 18:23:37 »

how the actual fuck could it make it worse?
My comment was more to do with all the comments suggedting that a change of manager would sort all our woes, not making any comments about it getting worse?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #362 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 18:24:22 »

All that I read in that is that mentally he now preparing for relegation being a possibilty, until now he has said hes confident about us getting out of it.

This sentence said it all for me...

I genuinely believe if we get through this season in this division we will be much stronger going forward

He hasn't until now used the word "if".

I agree a lot with what Sutton says though, he is hardly doing it on purpose, its in his and our interests to stay in this league next season he doesn't want us relegated any more than any of us do (a few moaners excepted).

Of course he cares about relegation even if its because his own (and the clubs) coffers will take a financial hit if we do go down.

The problem I have is that basically nothing has changed and it appears won't change either in the near future, judging by that statement.

That is his voicing of a vote of confidence in Luke Williams.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 13, 2017, 18:26:08 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 18:27:31 »

I am not saying he isn't charging us a fee but it is unusual for owners to charge their business for "loans", they are normally interest free and only repaid when the business has the funds to pay it e.g. an asset sale. Ultimately they would be robbing Peter to pay Paul
Robbing STFC to pay Lee, you mean.

Don't know why you think owners lend money interest free - certainly not the case and I have no problem with it.

It's just not true for him to say we are debt free, cos we are not.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 18:32:19 »

Robbing STFC to pay Lee, you mean.

Don't know why you think owners lend money interest free - certainly not the case and I have no problem with it.

It's just not true for him to say we are debt free, cos we are not.

Only people who know if we are is him and the accountants, and we will know some of the details by the 28th of this month  Smiley

It's not a loan though, it's what they call "shareholder funds" and is normally put into a business to keep it running when cashflow is tight, then when there is a surplus of funds in the business, they would take out some or all of the money to repay their "loan".

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 18:34:26 »

If we owe somebody - anybody - money that needs to be repaid, I call that debt.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 18:36:16 »

If we owe somebody - anybody - money that needs to be repaid, I call that debt.

Yes, and he said as of the start of this season we were debt free, unfortunately this season hasn't gone as planned as he has supposedly had to put funds in so we are back in debt which he will have to cover the losses until things improve.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 18:44:08 »

My was more to do with all the comments that a change of manager would sort all our woes, not making any comments about it getting worse?

It may not sort all our woes.
We may still get relegated.
We may stay up under Williams.

I've had enough of shit football with shit tactics, shit fitness, shit defending. Two and a half seasons of it (well 2 out of 3 at least).. I put the blame for this at Williams door.

A fresh approach is needed to provide hope. This season may be too late. To do the same next season regardless of league would finish me off.

Which is pointless stating, because as Power says, it ain't changing. Yippee.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 18:46:55 »

All that I read in that is that mentally he now preparing for relegation being a possibilty, until now he has said hes confident about us getting out of it.

This sentence said it all for me...

He hasn't until now used the word "if".

I agree a lot with what Sutton says though, he is hardly doing it on purpose, its in his and our interests to stay in this league next season he doesn't want us relegated any more than any of us do (a few moaners excepted).

Of course he cares about relegation even if its because his own (and the clubs) coffers will take a financial hit if we do go down.

The problem I have is that basically nothing has changed and it appears won't change either in the near future, judging by that statement.

That is his voicing of a vote of confidence in Luke Williams.

Agree with everything you have said. Unfortunately that is the ONLY vote of confidence that Williams is getting, but its the very vote that counts.....

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 18:51:24 »

What an absolute load of garbage. What we all wanted was a statement saying Williams' contract has been terminated.

Can someone explain what purpose Sherwood being here has served because I honestly see nothing? Also, I may be being stupid, but if he's stepping away from day to day affairs, what does preparing for next season mean?

How Power thinks Williams has the right tools to save us from relegation is beyond a joke.  The players are unfit, uninterested and being coached by a clueless idiot.

It's an absolute shambles. Why don't you insult us all a bit more by putting season ticket prices up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 18:52:45 »

He said on the phone in the club was debt free at the start of the season. To me that means the club received the rest of the Gladwin, Luongo and Byrne money and Power was probably repaid his loans.

Who knows.

I assumed he meant it was callable debt free. We know we owe Black based on certain conditions (fair enough) and we could owe Power similarly (probably fair enough).

Where is Sangita Shah, she'll publish those accounts one day
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 18:55:07 »

Can someone explain what purpose Sherwood being here

He's, well he's, um, you see what he does is...well someone has to ring up QPR, Brighton and Chelsea don't they.

Why don't you insult us all a bit more by putting season ticket prices up.

Even they aren't that stupid...he says.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 18:59:29 »

Can someone explain what purpose Sherwood being here has served because I honestly see nothing? Also, I may be being stupid, but if he's stepping away from day to day affairs, what does preparing for next season mean?

From what Power and Luke say, he is an advisor to them both, he gives Luke advice on tactics, training methods and such, he then also gives Power advice and help on recruitment.....  Huh?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 19:08:08 »

Don't know what this means

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/00053100/SWINDON-TOWN-FOOTBALL-COMPANY-LIMITED/financials
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 19:13:56 »

From what Power and Luke say, he is an advisor to them both, he gives Luke advice on tactics, training methods and such, he then also gives Power advice and help on recruitment.....  Huh?
Do you know Williams, I only ask as you keep referring to Luke?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: