Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185189 times)
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:24:13 »

So basically we are doing nothing, except praying.

We need a manager - Williams is not the man.
More of the same will have one inevitable consequence.
We are going down, as some have been saying for a while.
For the first time, I agree.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:25:28 »

"15 cup finals" my arse! 

Perhaps he means 15 playoff finals, where we fail to turn up for every single one

I come from a land down-under
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:25:31 »

Could have waited until Friday for a statement Angry

The first few lines are fair enough..... the last bit bollocks though.  As for finals we've had 3 of those at Wembley in the last 7 or so years, lost the lot scoring 0 and conceding 7.  So probably better to just see the next 15 as normal games.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:27:58 »

Could have waited until Friday for a statement Angry

The first few lines are fair enough..... the last bit bollocks though.  As for finals we've had 3 of those at Wembley in the last 7 or so years, lost the lot scoring 0 and conceding 7.  So probably better to just see the next 15 as normal games.

It's incredible that he made the "15 cup finals" comment considering our record in cup ties in recent years!  Angry
« Last Edit: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:31:47 by Private Fraser » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:30:13 »

Can't win can he. Gets slated for not speaking, and slated worse for doing so. Anyone who thinks he doesn't care about relegation, is a moron. It's not good, we're all pissed off, but it's happened before, and will happen again, nothing to get irate over.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:32:39 »

Can't win can he. Gets slated for not speaking, and slated worse for doing so. Anyone who thinks he doesn't care about relegation, is a moron. It's not good, we're all pissed off, but it's happened before, and will happen again, nothing to get irate over.

Clap
Captain Beefheart

Fast and bulbous, tight also.

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:33:55 »

Are you kidding? We're heading down to the basement division without a fight and in shambolic circumstances but it's 'nothing to get irate over'... I would say fair play to him for putting out a statement, only if there was anything worth reading in it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:34:43 »

I stopped reading it at this point to be honest:

'I am confident that if we stay up this season then we will be nearer the top of the table than the bottom next season.'
Captain Beefheart

Fast and bulbous, tight also.

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:35:03 »

If this isn't a joke that's gone over my head can we put this in the 'funniest things said by fans' thread?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:37:05 »

Can't win can he. Gets slated for not speaking, and slated worse for doing so.
Not really. He's been slated for not acting. Or not acting in a way that would help improve the situation.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:38:13 »

This caught my eye and rather proves that Williams (much as Brendan Rodgers did at Liverpool) has been bullshitting all along regarding transfer process...

'Until this window, I have been in sole charge of all player acquisitions. I have always consulted with the Manager and/or Head Coach and kept them updated with regards targets, but ultimately I have made the final call.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:38:18 »

Quote from: suttonred

sorry Sutton, it's good he's talked but he's just confirmed worst case scenario in my mind.

i.e. doing the same thing with the same people and hope to do it better.

he's confident he can get it right. I hope he is. he might be.

But the only scenario I see is the opposite.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:38:51 »

Not really. He's been slated for not acting. Or not acting in a way that would help improve the situation.

What would help the situation?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:39:07 »

This caught my eye and rather proves that Williams (much as Brendan Rodgers did at Liverpool) has been bullshitting all along regarding transfer process...
Or was told to?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:40:36 »

What would help the situation?
The Williams/Embleton experiment has clearly failed. So bring it to an end, instead bring in a "proper" manager and let him get on with the job, rather than continually interfering directly or via proxies
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: