Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185123 times)
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #315 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 16:32:50 »

Chris Ramsey or Sir Les of Ferdinand.
Rule the 2nd one out but don't think you are far off than alot of people think with Ramsey
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 16:33:38 »

FFS, how many times are they going to rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic? Fans overboard!
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 16:45:04 »

I took Sherwood's appointment is that Power believes in Luke but was missing that experienced head working with him, hence bringing in Sherwood. He was supposedly on the training ground every day giving in insight and experoence but it hasn't worked due to some poor quality in the team and Luke's inability to actually do anything differently..... When Sherwood came in we have improved "a little" in that we piss about a lot less at the back and try to get the ball up front quicker BUT they are still trying to pass it 200 times before they shoot rather than someone plonking it in the box or Gladwin taking a thump from 25 yards. Now is that down to Power or is that Luke's doing? answers on a post card.

Something has to change and has been said, Power isn't going to to walk so the next best step is to replace Luke with someone of Ling's calibre.

Some fans believe Luke was given the job as he was cheap but I think it's just an experiment that went wrong, Luke was on the same kind of calibre of Cooper and he got us to the playoffs (just) so when Ling left, Power took the gamble with Luke and it's not worked out, he has to have seen that and be thinking about making the change to give the team chance to stay up. I really do hope the changes is made by the end of the month to give the new manager enough time to get some momentum. Swansea did it, 5 wins in 7 since making the change
Flashheart

« Reply #318 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:04:33 »

STATEMENT

Swindon Town Chairman Lee Power has released the following statement to clarify the current situation at The County Ground…

Dear Swindon Town Fans,

Following the closing of the transfer window, I want to try and clarify where we are and what the plans are going forward.

Firstly, I want to promise you all that no one is more frustrated and disappointed with how this season has gone up to this point than I am. I have never tried to hide behind or blame anyone else for signings the club makes.

Until this window, I have been in sole charge of all player acquisitions. I have always consulted with the Manager and/or Head Coach and kept them updated with regards targets, but ultimately I have made the final call.

Tim has been in charge of all signings this window and will continue to be going forward, he has worked with Luke on each and every signing to ensure we get what is right for this club.

Unlike most Directors of Football, Tim was on the training ground which he felt was imperative when he first came in so that he could conduct the relevant due diligence and obtain a really good understanding of what was needed on the footballing side of the club. We have started to address the areas that need improving and will continue to do so.

Luke has full responsibility regarding the coaching of the players and the selection of the team and he will continue to do so.

Two years ago we nearly got promoted with a younger squad and lower wage bill because we recruited very well. I don't think what we are doing now is any different - we just need to do it better. I am confident that if we stay up this season then we will be nearer the top of the table than the bottom next season.

I still have absolute belief in what we are trying to do. I have continued to fund the shortfall this season as the wages have increased and understandably attendances have fallen. I will carry on doing this for as long as it is necessary to do so.

I know it doesn't seem like it at the moment but the club is the most secure it has been in a long time as we are debt free. Tim is working hard speaking to clubs almost daily trying to prepare for next season. I don’t live in the country so am unable give the role the time it deserves and even if I was Tim is far more suited to this role going forward.

Luke has now been given the right tools to work with to move us to safety and I believe he will do so. I know I am putting a positive spin on everything but I genuinely believe if we get through this season in this division we will be much stronger going forward.

We have 15 cup finals starting tomorrow night at Northampton until the end of the season. We need your support more than ever so please get behind the boys for the rest of the season. Thank you for your support.

Lee Power, Chairman.

Read more at http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/chairman-addresses-current-situation-at-stfc-3573390.aspx#BlZcWkCKv8uGivjv.99
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:08:38 »

So either he believes Williams can get us out of this mess, in which case he is insane, or he really isn't that bothered about getting relegated.

Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:10:13 »

That's just meaningless drivel
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:11:08 »

The right tools? Yep a bunch of clueless idiots

Bloke is deluded, he needs to change, and now

I still don't believe we are 'debt free' either
« Last Edit: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:13:31 by otanswell » Logged

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:13:48 »

So either he believes Williams can get us out of this mess, in which case he is insane, or he really isn't that bothered about getting relegated.

Both

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:15:20 »

I usually quite like what Power has to say, that just sounds like a politicians response to me, but at least he has said something I guess..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
woolster

« Reply #324 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:15:27 »

Bloke is deluded, he needs to change, and now

I still don't believe we are 'debt free' either
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:15:35 »

Nowt new there really except an attempt to make it seem like Sherwood was never in charge of selection
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:16:16 »

To be fair, a lot of them are right tools.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:17:23 »

Quote from: Bewster
That's just meaningless drivel

it's a start.

don't agree with 90% of it mind. but the sooty situation needed clearing up...
Captain Beefheart

Fast and bulbous, tight also.

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:18:57 »

Hollow words. Can he really expect us to lap that up? He and Sherwood promised experience, we got none. Power has huffed and puffed about the 'project' for coming on three years now. That doesn't wash when we're at the bottom of the table. That doesn't wash when we're in the relegation zone. The football that we are playing at the moment is some of the worst in the (relatively few) years I've been watching town... And he expects us to simply trust in the project? What good has it brought us thus far? Fuck all I say.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:19:53 »

Well, at least he realises that things are so bad he needs to be seen to be alive to the situation.....even if he has no intention of addressing the root cause of the problem.  "15 cup finals" my arse!  
« Last Edit: Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:24:00 by Private Fraser » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: