Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185208 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #300 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 13:34:47 »

So, in summary, Power is to blame because he recruited the management team who are shit.

Essentially, what's important is what we can do, no?  In which case we can't get rid of Power without money, so next on the list would be the Management team - that can be gotten rid of, so to me sounds like the best plan.

Probably the best course of action is to show Power he can still have is model and make his money, but he needs to let go of the day to day and give authority to the Manager to run the footballing side - he can share transfer responsibility if he needs to, but everything else has to be the remit of the Manager/Head Coach.
Like he did with Sherwood and fucked that up as well.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 13:38:51 »

Sherwood's just a marketing ploy, that much has been clear.  I was responding to the question Reg raises - what should we do, protest?  I don't think anything against Power will do much good, but you'd be crazy not to expect a management team clear out now.  With that backdrop, the best we can hope for is that pressure is applied in just enough quantities that Power brings ins someone who wants to run the show themselves rather than another lapdog.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 13:39:11 »

There's voting with your feet but I can only see that ending up with us having another reduced budget due to lack of numbers, giving Williams & Embleton even less to work with. I won't be going to many games for the rest of the season, it's not particularly just because of the shit football, but that has played a part.

Do you think Power is stubborn or just has TOO much faith in Luke?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 13:41:56 »

There's voting with your feet but I can only see that ending up with us having another reduced budget due to lack of numbers, giving Williams & Embleton even less to work with. I won't be going to many games for the rest of the season, it's not particularly just because of the shit football, but that has played a part.

Do you think Power is stubborn or just has TOO much faith in Luke?
I think Power is fully aware that he's fucked up appointing Williams, he must be unless he's a fucking idiot.

It's All Good..............
Flashheart

« Reply #304 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 13:43:37 »

I agree with all of this. The big question is how does anyone get Power to admit his failings and put it right?

It would help if people addressed his failings rather than attacking unsubstantiated rumours. The likes of Ed will just be laughed of as nonsense, whereas a genuine objection is more likely to hit home.

Or I think so anyway.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #305 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 13:46:33 »

Power has clearly fucked up on the football side for the last 2 years but still continues to do the same shit. The only thing I can surmise from this is that league position is irrelevant for what he wants. He's prepared to fuck the football side of things to either get lucky with a lookman or to do whatever else he wants. It's fair to say neither is for the good of stfc. If he truly had the interests of stfc at heart, he would have done something by now rather than the same fucking shit that don't work
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 13:48:28 »

So Sherwood has pretty much buggered off hand on stuff then, pretty much. He came in, he fluffed the transfer window, he fluffed the pretend DoF role and he fluffed making us better.

But he may still be involved in future transfer activities.

Staggering.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15088678.Sherwood_takes_step_back_at_Swindon/?ref=mr&lp=1
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 13:50:20 »

What a fucking waste of space he was... is..
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 13:52:18 »

It would help if people addressed his failings rather than attacking unsubstantiated rumours. The likes of Ed will just be laughed of as nonsense, whereas a genuine objection is more likely to hit home.

Or I think so anyway.

Once again, I think he's fully aware of the discontent and the genuine reasons for it. I don't think these need highlighting to him. I'm beginning to think he's just too pigheaded to admit it..

It's All Good..............
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 13:52:59 »

New thread title then...

Luke Williams - pretty much promoted
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 13:59:48 »

No where to hide for Luke now, I don't want to be a part of the pitchfork crew but it's beyond a joke now, he has to go.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 15:46:02 »

As much as I would like to see a new man in charge of team affairs, I'm not going to abuse him or shout for him to be sacked at the CG.

The fella has a job and a contract and if Power leaves him in place for this season and, God forbid, next, then we will all know where Power stands with the club's future.

Of course, Timmy standing down may actually be clearing the decks for a new man - but who would work with him still as some sort of DoF and his mate Power as the big boss.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 16:21:20 »

So Sherwood has pretty much buggered off hand on stuff then, pretty much. He came in, he fluffed the transfer window, he fluffed the pretend DoF role and he fluffed making us better.

But he may still be involved in future transfer activities.

Staggering.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15088678.Sherwood_takes_step_back_at_Swindon/?ref=mr&lp=1

I genuinely believe that Sherwood has 'stepped back' due to wanting another job in football and if it is laid at his door he took us down it will not look good at all for him, he does not want to take that risk, but if he is DoF he is helping to oversee the club and 'sort it out' and taking a lesser role and can run away quietly and deny being involved
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #313 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 16:26:43 »

Of course, Timmy standing down may actually be clearing the decks for a new man - but who would work with him still as some sort of DoF and his mate Power as the big boss.
Chris Ramsey or Sir Les of Ferdinand.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 16:31:37 »

Don't you have to step forward in order to step back?

I thought the club didn't talk to the Advertiser due to them being banned and all that!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: