Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185128 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 10:35:33 »

As others have noted - the best summation yet.

So you're in effect saying although it's terrible, we should just accept it ?  Power has fucked up, but he is free to continue fucking up til his heart is content?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 10:45:43 »

But what can we do? I don't think Power is fucking up on purpose or has this evil agenda to screw us all over like some people do, but he does need to realise that his model (The Swindon Way!) does not work anymore.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 10:59:35 »

So you're in effect saying although it's terrible, we should just accept it ?  Power has fucked up, but he is free to continue fucking up til his heart is content?

The main problem, in regards to vocalising our discontent, is the divisions between the fan base. I'd happy get involved in a protest that is focused on Power removing the incumbent management team, but I'm not going to get involved in anything that is calling for Power to leave, as I can't see anything positive, at the moment, coming out of it. Power leaves and we are 100% fucked.

It's All Good..............
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 11:02:18 »

The 'model' didn't actually work for very long, to be honest.  

It didn't take long for opponents to work out what to do to counter it and, when they all did, Williams and Co failed to react sensibly.  They're still failing to!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 11:03:47 »

But what can we do? I don't think Power is fucking up on purpose or has this evil agenda to screw us all over like some people do, but he does need to realise that his model (The Swindon Way!) does not work anymore.

All fair points..... FWIW, I think Power sees the club as a vehicle to generate some cash through player sales, and so far he's done alright thank you out of it.  A bit of this cash will have returned the club and some of it will have been used for the purchase of the training ground and Waterford.  The training ground once up and running has plenty of spare space, just right for a lucrative housing development. Waterford could get into Europe, like a Dundalk, and so potential money generator there, Power also probably sees himself as a Lewisham Pozzo.

The moot point is does the model still work  Hmmm   Last season we were terrible but still produced a £750K profit on Ajose.  This season we've still got possibly Vigs, for a May sale....and there's obviously hopes for the boy Young.  So although not a Luongo/Byrne/Gladwin style bonanza, not a complete write off, so can't see any major changes anytime soon.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #290 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 11:04:50 »

I just enjoy his press conferences now. They literally get better and better
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 11:08:00 »

The main problem, in regards to vocalising our discontent, is the divisions between the fan base. I'd happy get involved in a protest that is focused on Power removing the incumbent management team, but I'm not going to get involved in anything that is calling for Power to leave, as I can't see anything positive, at the moment, coming out of it. Power leaves and we are 100% fucked.

This

People want different things. I'm firmly in the Sherwood/Williams/Embleton out camp not Power though

Whilst I wouldn't shed any tears if power departed I'd rather not take the risk of being taken over by an absolute chancer again
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #292 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 11:14:26 »

This

People want different things. I'm firmly in the Sherwood/Williams/Embleton out camp not Power though

Whilst I wouldn't shed any tears if power departed I'd rather not take the risk of being taken over by an absolute chancer again
+1

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 11:27:45 »

So, if Power is here primarily to make money (as he has said) and the only way to do that is via player sales, what sense does it make for him to continue with the 'Swindon way' which is making it almost impossible for any player to shine enough to attract bids?

Even us fans who watch the players week in week out can't work out if any of our players are any good or just shite because the style is making dross out of all of them.

Surely this must be apparent to Power. Which makes it so unbelievable he has done nothing to address the fundamental problem - the system being put into practice via Williams.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 11:38:18 »

So, if Power is here primarily to make money (as he has said) and the only way to do that is via player sales, what sense does it make for him to continue with the 'Swindon way' which is making it almost impossible for any player to shine enough to attract bids?

Even us fans who watch the players week in week out can't work out if any of our players are any good or just shite because the style is making dross out of all of them.

Surely this must be apparent to Power. Which makes it so unbelievable he has done nothing to address the fundamental problem - the system being put into practice via Williams.

As I pointed out....he still generated a tidy profit on NA, although we were shit.  Vigs will go inthe summer for some more, and then the Young might do a Louis.  You can still generate good fees in Div 4, even the Conference. The level of football isn't that important to the owner, in the same way it is to fans. Power's response to falling revenues etc will be to adjust costs accordingly.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #295 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 11:54:55 »

Thing is the money he has earned from players already show him that if he can do it every 3/4 years it's probably worthwhile.
Panda Paws

« Reply #296 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 12:09:58 »

Well in effect yes, I guess, unless there's a better ownership alternative. We're shit at football. Everything connected with the football side of the club is terrible. We all know this. Power knows this.

He'll either do something about it and potentially start repairing things, or he won't, and people will carry on losing any faith in him, but ultimately, as I said in a previous thread, while it remains bad judgement and mistakes rather than malicious intent, my only issues with Power are football related.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 12:55:15 »

The training ground once up and running has plenty of spare space, just right for a lucrative housing development.

Jesus if thats his plan to make money he is going to have a bloody long wait, as I have said time and time again if one is looking to make money from football Swindon Town is not a club to choose to do it!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 13:26:01 »

So, in summary, Power is to blame because he recruited the management team who are shit.

Essentially, what's important is what we can do, no?  In which case we can't get rid of Power without money, so next on the list would be the Management team - that can be gotten rid of, so to me sounds like the best plan.

Probably the best course of action is to show Power he can still have is model and make his money, but he needs to let go of the day to day and give authority to the Manager to run the footballing side - he can share transfer responsibility if he needs to, but everything else has to be the remit of the Manager/Head Coach.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Monday, February 13, 2017, 13:34:38 »

So, in summary, Power is to blame because he recruited the management team who are shit.

Essentially, what's important is what we can do, no?  In which case we can't get rid of Power without money, so next on the list would be the Management team - that can be gotten rid of, so to me sounds like the best plan.

Probably the best course of action is to show Power he can still have is model and make his money, but he needs to let go of the day to day and give authority to the Manager to run the footballing side - he can share transfer responsibility if he needs to, but everything else has to be the remit of the Manager/Head Coach.
I agree with all of this. The big question is how does anyone get Power to admit his failings and put it right?

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: