Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 186419 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:13:20 »

How many of the 92 PL and FL managers can you think of that still send players to an army boot camp for training? I'd wager none if the answer.

Not disputing the fact that this team is clearly severely lacking in fitness.

What the fuck are "powder puffs" anyway?

Powder puffs are pieces of soft material used for the application of face powder. They may be shaped as balls or pads
Wiki

Well I don't know the training methods of the 92 so have no idea, army camp or not at least the great majority  of the 92 know how to get a squad fit.
We unfortunately don't
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:13:41 »

Who else is to blame?

Williams is out of his depth but who put him there in the first place? Sherwood was a pointless non-appointment but whose decision was it to call a big press conference to announce it?

Power is ultimately responsible for choosing the management team and sanctioning signings, it's not exactly out of his hands is it?

He isn't blameless and he said that on the radio BUT when you have an unfit team in February, surely that's a big red arrow that the coaching methods are abysmal? You can blame Power all you want for giving him the job BUT Williams has to take some of the blame as his coaching methods have made players like Kasim turn to poo, fans were raving about him 2 years ago now they want rid of him....... either he had 2 good seasons here and we were duped or the coaches aren't giving him and the rest of the players they training and coaching they need.

Against oxford, 1-0 up and 20 minutes of pressure from them, do you:

1) sit there and hope we don't concede
2) bring in replacements to take some of the heat off and potentially try and get yourself a goal.

As I said, Williams coaching methods are abysmal and this tactical nouse is perfetic...... we should have beaten Poxford but due to poor man management, we were over ran and out played, along with the fact the players were unfit.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:15:47 »

He isn't blameless and he said that on the radio BUT when you have an unfit team in February, surely that's a big red arrow that the coaching methods are abysmal? You can blame Power all you want for giving him the job BUT Williams has to take some of the blame as his coaching methods have made players like Kasim turn to poo, fans were raving about him 2 years ago now they want rid of him....... either he had 2 good seasons here and we were duped or the coaches aren't giving him and the rest of the players they training and coaching they need.

2) bring in replacements to take some of the heat off and potentially try and get yourself a goal.

As I said, Williams coaching methods are abysmal and this tactical nouse is perfetic...... we should have beaten Poxford but due to poor man management, we were over ran and out played, along with the fact the players were unfit.
Then you must blame Power for keeping him in the job.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:16:15 »

Well according to the Facebook group I am either his lover or him, I am not sure  Roll Eyes

So you think Power is to blame for the players coming to the club
, playing like gutless shits, not being able to run around for 90 minutes without puffing and not being "mentally strong" to put up with a big noise at derbies....... let me know what drugs you are on as I want some  Wink
Well, as he recruited them, then yes.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:16:31 »

Williams has been coach throughout that period. Did he make him brilliant when he first came in as well then?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:16:32 »

I don't know how I can put this any more simply for you because you clearly struggle to grasp who is running the club and it's not Williams.

Williams, Embleton, Sherwood, Curly Withers, whoever-the-fuck might be the shittest thing since sliced shit but Power has the - wait for it, punchline is coming - POWER to do something about it and has chosen not to and we're in a terminal decline. Everyone involved has some responsibility to share the blame but Power more than anyone else.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:20:51 »

Yes. Williams has made it clear he played no part in recruitment. Power has said in previous phone-ins he brought in players for the managers to work with, recently he's used his mate Sherwood as a front for this. So, yes, Power is responsible for the "gutless shits" he brought in to the club.

Gladwin was supposedly player of the season when we got to the playoffs, so he is suddenly a gutless shit?

So basically what you lot think is this team are absolutely shit, they are all useless and it's Powers fault they are unfit and can't tackle to save their lives?

Considering the majority of them have played league football for a few season, have 100+ games, some played in the play off season with us. We have hangers on like Boo, Rodgers and Brophy BUT we have also got players like Kasim, Thompson and Obika who are match winners who look way way way worse than they did 2 seasons ago............ what has changed?  they suddenly can't be bothered and let their match fitness drop cos they don't care? Or is it the coaching methods used by the club are not good enough.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:21:59 »

THEN CHANGE THE FUCKING COACH
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:23:15 »

G.G. is a one man wrecking crew.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:24:00 »

Gladwin was supposedly player of the season when we got to the playoffs, so he is suddenly a gutless shit?

So basically what you lot think is this team are absolutely shit, they are all useless and it's Powers fault they are unfit and can't tackle to save their lives?

Considering the majority of them have played league football for a few season, have 100+ games, some played in the play off season with us. We have hangers on like Boo, Rodgers and Brophy BUT we have also got players like Kasim, Thompson and Obika who are match winners who look way way way worse than they did 2 seasons ago............ what has changed?  they suddenly can't be bothered and let their match fitness drop cos they don't care? Or is it the coaching methods used by the club are not good enough.
Who employs Williams and the coaching staff?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:25:06 »

You used the term gutless shit, not me.
No, I think the team as a unit and management staff are not fit for purpose and that the responsibility for this rests with Power who appointed said unfit for purpose management staff, persists in keeping them in post despite them blatantly not being up to the job and has, by his own admission, made a complete arse of recruitment.

Like sonic said, Power runs the club, the buck stops with him. Which part of that are you struggling with?
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:25:49 »

G.G. is a one man wrecking crew.

That what I said but supposedly Williams is only making players better......... when they are unfit and get pushed off the ball too easily.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:26:05 »

To the first two questions - YES.  As far as the rest of it goes Kassim, Thompson & Obika are a lazy bunch of useless twats.  Just not good enough, Rodgers & Boo would struggle to get a bid from a non league side at present.
Maybe you are Lee Power.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:27:35 »

That what I said but supposedly Williams is only making players better......... when they are unfit and get pushed off the ball too easily.
  Oh FFS - making players better  ha, ha, ha - now I think its you that are on drugs.

garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 19:28:31 »

Who employs Williams and the coaching staff?

As I said, he has to own up and admit he got that wrong, he gave the coaches the chance and they haven't performed their duties........ Swansea replaced their manager and now turned them around (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/results)?, he could have came in and blamed his team, nope he obviously came in, modified the coaching methods, switched playing style and they are reaping the rewards
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: