Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185203 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #195 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 00:22:55 »

Do you think Thomas or Rodgers are league1 players. Boo, brophy, Norris??? All shit.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 00:23:35 »

Players are capable of more; not much more but they're better than their current form.
It's a low end league one squad, no doubt.

Hell, with the right additions (experienced players and leaders) some the youngsters could form a mid table league one squad.

However, if money was no object I'd keep Vigs and bin off everyone else and start from scratch.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #197 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 00:25:49 »

Players are capable of more; not much more but they're better than their current form.
It's a low end league one squad, no doubt.

Hell, with the right additions (experienced players and leaders) some the youngsters could form a mid table league one squad.

However, if money was no object I'd keep Vigs and bin off everyone else and start from scratch.
Agreed. There are a few that could be better with the right guidance.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 00:30:05 »

Do you think Thomas or Rodgers are league1 players. Boo, brophy, Norris??? All shit.

Rodgers - No
Boo - No
Thomas - Yes
Norris - Yes
Brophy - possible, needs to improve a few areas but not a bad player, maybe L2 standard
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 00:33:39 »

I thought Norris linked up excellently with Dabo during the Oxford game, showed what he actually can do. Not Messi obviously but he's not as useless as people suggest. The whole team is deflated at the moment and will be unless we get a winning run together. But that's another story..

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 00:36:57 »

I thought Norris linked up excellently with Dabo during the Oxford game, showed what he actually can do. Not Messi obviously but he's not as useless as people suggest. The whole team is deflated at the moment and will be unless we get a winning run together. But that's another story..

Exactly, Norris will never be a 25 a season goal scorer but can hold the ball up and put it on a plate for others to finish it

A new manager would do that but will Power have the balls to own up and admit he got it wrong?
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 02:33:26 »

Time to voice our opinion on Williams I think. There is no point with the 'we want power out' or 'power this is shit' as this means nothing and he isn't going to walk. Time to start aiming it at Williams. Im not saying from the start of games but if it gets to 80mins and were losing (every game then!) the 'we want williams out' chants need to begin and continue until the end of the game. That is the only way Power might listen.

Its time for a change and we need to make it happen!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 03:03:24 »

Time to voice our opinion on Williams I think. There is no point with the 'we want power out' or 'power this is shit' as this means nothing and he isn't going to walk. Time to start aiming it at Williams. Im not saying from the start of games but if it gets to 80mins and were losing (every game then!) the 'we want williams out' chants need to begin and continue until the end of the game. That is the only way Power might listen.

Its time for a change and we need to make it happen!

It's a tricky one....Luke seems a decent bloke, so probably doesn't warrant personal abuse, however if I was in his shoes, I'd resign in order to keep dignity. Had he done so in October, then he could have gone back to coach. Now though that boat has been burned...
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 03:16:42 »

It's a tricky one....Luke seems a decent bloke, so probably doesn't warrant personal abuse, however if I was in his shoes, I'd resign in order to keep dignity. Had he done so in October, then he could have gone back to coach. Now though that boat has been burned...

When I wrote this I initially put that I would hope it would force him to resign but then I thought again and thought he must no he is out of his depth as a manager by now but with 4 years on his contract is not going anywhere. Therefore in my opinion this is the only choice we have as fans. Don't get me wrong this should not happen at the beginning of games as we really must get behind the team at the moment but towards the end of the games if its as bad as it currently is then we don't have a choice.

3 wins from the last 21 games is ridiculous! How we are not significantly cut adrift at the bottom shows how bad this league is but if we don't do something now then we won't be back in league 1 for at least 5yrs in my opinion. This model has no chance of working in league 2 and Power should know this!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 09:10:01 »

This model has no chance of working in league 2 and Power should know this!

Trouble is Power was asked this question in one of the early phone in's and said that he thought it could work in LG2.
As it stands, we will find out soon.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 09:17:29 »

I think Sooty is at least on his way out of front line duties, then the pressure will switch to Williams.

last season season ticket prices were released on 20th Feb. going to be interesting this year..will a massive drop in sales make a difference to power? I'm not sure it will..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 09:29:14 »

OK do I think we have gone circular on this now, so here is a new one.

quite a while ago it was rumored Sherwood had invested into the club. be it through loans to power or directly it wasn't clear.

let's say that is true, what if its Sherwood calling the shots ....

are we then even more stuffed? he did 'recommend' Williams to the club .

yeah OK, I think power is in charge and his best mate sooty is just advising him in the mistaken belief he knows what he's doing in league 1 football
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 09:37:37 »

I'm told Sherwoods involvement ceased a fortnight ago but we should not expect a formal announcement from the club as he is not a contracted employee (and no doubt wants to distance himself from the debacle of this season and the January transfer window).

I expect Power will confirm this on TalkSport and do all he can to downplay Tactics' involvement ("was only helping us out, went into Chelsea and took 3 players, role was never to pick the team" etc).
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 11:28:18 »

I'm told Sherwoods involvement ceased a fortnight ago but we should not expect a formal announcement from the club as he is not a contracted employee
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 11:32:48 »

Trouble is Power was asked this question in one of the early phone in's and said that he thought it could work in LG2.
As it stands, we will find out soon.

In Power's world it can work. Oxford being a classic example, however they were flirting with a return to the Conference, when Appleton loaned in Roofe, who managed to pull them away. Their fans wanted Appleton out, but they stuck with him and are now reaping the benefits....I did suggest when Cooper looked to be going to Wendies in pre-season, that we could do worse than Appleton as the fans wanted him gone. It struck me that his experiences of working at basket case clubs could have been mighty useful to us.

Next season will be massive for us.... losing league status, is not a thought any Town fans have ever seriously contemplated, but as things stand it becomes a very real prospect.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: