Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185780 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 19:39:12 »

indeed
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #166 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 19:48:17 »

Although we need a new manager I don't think that will save us. He's still going to have a pile of shit to work with. Fitness levels will take time. Then how the fuck do you organise them into a cohesive force. Some still believe the players are ok, they aren't they are shite, stinking useless shite. We would get a fee for vigs and that's it apart from paltry punts on our youngsters.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 19:58:57 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 19:53:16 »

said it earlier, being generous I reckon the following are league 1 standard.

vigs, Thompson, obika, ajose and a fully fit and motivated kasim.

maybe ince will be and you can carry a couple but...
Flashheart

« Reply #168 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:01:01 »

Some players are shite, sure, but:

We know Vigs is good.
By all accounts the defence has been OK lately, even with Branco in it.
Dabo can do a job on the left, and Thompson on the right.
We know Kasim can play, when he can be bothered. Ince must surely be quite handy.
We know that Gladwin can play.
We know that Obika and Ajose are good forwards at this level.

Yes, we have some shit, but we do also have some good players. We know that because we've seen them do it, regularly. Even BOO was getting some good reviews when Lingy was here.

Good players playing poorly does not mean they have become poor players overnight. If a half-decent manager could get our good players performing to a reasonable standard then we would not be where we are now. I'm also inclined to think that our 'shit' players may not be as shit as they appear to be.

We don't have to be great, or even good. We just need to be better than those around us.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:11:18 »

I like the last sentence fb, it's true that a good manager can get the best out of everyone and that may be enough...

gladwin of have in a mid table team in a shot, just not a relegation  battle with colkett (one or other)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #170 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:12:50 »

but they are no fucking good for us regardless of the system we play. Some players need to go for their own good - Nathan, Kasim and Obika being 3. - good players but totally shot for us. All the loan players should be told to fuck off. Rodgers, BOO, Thomas should be told to not bother reporting for training as they are too fucking crap for league football. Tell Hylton, Brophy, Branco etc they are playing for their professional careers. Put the young ones in. Tell them we're down. Play for pride, get experience for next season.  It can't be any worse, can it. I'd rather see some of ours given a go than a totally inadequate infant like Feruz or Colkett. Why do ours go further down the pecking order when they've done fuck all wrong.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:18:21 »

thing is,  Williams rates them.

you only had to listen to him wanking over a single colkett pass to realise he either hasn't got the ability  to know how to win games.

in fact I may be unfair on that. his brief is probably develop the player first and foremost, which isn't necessarily the same thing as winning as many games as you can. clearly relegation isn't the plan though.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #172 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:25:46 »

I've seen Colkett play 3 times and he has been a little boy lost and a passenger. When we got him on loan Williams was knocking one out over how we got one over Rovers with the League 1 Messi. I spoke to my Rovers mates after the game and they said he was a decent squad player, nothing more. They didn't actually give a shit that he had gone.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:30:09 »

thing is,  Williams rates them.

you only had to listen to him wanking over a single colkett pass to realise he either hasn't got the ability  to know how to win games.

in fact I may be unfair on that. his brief is probably develop the player first and foremost, which isn't necessarily the same thing as winning as many games as you can. clearly relegation isn't the plan though.
Think you're spot on with this - been saying it for ages, Williams is an Academy/youth coach, not a senior 1st team manager.
Flashheart

« Reply #174 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:30:33 »

The mention of Colkett is interesting.

From what I can gather Oldham(?) fans loved him. But now he's shit? I'm not buying it.

I'm not trying to challenge peoples' assessments of his performances with us, rather I'm wondering if our management team are so inept that they appear to make him look poor. I wonder the same about Murray, from what I can gather his first couple of games with us went well. The same with Gladwin since his return... did well for a game or two and now he's shit? I'm not buying it.

If our management team are making Gladwin look useless (and we know he isn't), then how many more players in our squad are actually better than they appear to be?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #175 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:34:18 »

Williams can certainly make a defender, midfielder or attacker shit. Goalkeepers seem to do ok but they get plenty of action. I will defend him on Rodgers, I don;t think Williams has made him a worse player than he was previously.
Flashheart

« Reply #176 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:36:23 »

I will defend him on Rodgers, I don;t think Williams has made him a worse player than he was previously.

Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:36:31 »

he's not shit. he shouldn't be in the same team as gladwin. too similar. Goddard, too similar.

he is too lightweight in OUR midfield.

put him in a decent team with ball winners, think he'd be OK. he'll look a he'll of a lot better
Flashheart

« Reply #178 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:39:56 »

put him in a decent team with ball winners,

Like Ince?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, February 11, 2017, 20:40:15 »

The mention of Colkett is interesting.

From what I can gather Oldham(?) fans loved him. But now he's shit? I'm not buying it.

I'm not trying to challenge peoples' assessments of his performances with us, rather I'm wondering if our management team are so inept that they appear to make him look poor. I wonder the same about Murray, from what I can gather his first couple of games with us went well. The same with Gladwin since his return... did well for a game or two and now he's shit? I'm not buying it.

If our management team are making Gladwin look useless (and we know he isn't), then how many more players in our squad are actually better than they appear to be?

Interesting train of thought.
Did think something similar after pox,  couple of weeks with our coaches and these new players have gone backwards.

Apart from that first season with its player sales ( and let's face it we could all see they were better than the average player from day one ) who else has been bought on.
Bryne benefitted from a move in position so went early in the next season,  being generous Gladwin improved for half a season enough to be sold, has looked poor on both loan spells tho.
Who else's stock has increased by our glorious coaching staff ?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: