Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185205 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 21:28:44 »

Williams may well be a very good coach, and one that the players enjoy working with. I wouldn't dispute that.

However, Sunday showed (again) that he is not a match day team manager. He couldn't address the problem that was staring everyone in the face. Either he was too blinkered to change his way of playing, or just didn't know what to do. Appleton's ability to address Pox's deficiencies not only changed the momentum of the game, it turned defeat into victory. Williams' inability to respond turned a winning position into a predictable defeat.

Ideally (for me), Power will keep him as a coach, certainly long enough for his reputation to earn him a move to a better club (he doesn't deserve to be shat on), and more crucially bring in a someone who can manage the first team and make it competitive for the full 90 mins of every game we've got left this season.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 22:23:25 »

I think it's probably past the point where Williams can remain on the coaching set up, especially if talk of dressing room unrest is accurate. I'd rather he was moved on entirely, as has been pointed out his coaching has not been fit for purpose for about 2 years now, with his 'reputation' appearing more Lee Power created hype with every match and insulting interview which we endure under his tenure.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 22:26:58 »

I see he got away with it tonight. We stay out of the drop zone as Oldham lost to MK. A 96th minute goal.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 22:49:59 »

I think it's probably past the point where Williams can remain on the coaching set up, especially if talk of dressing room unrest is accurate. I'd rather he was moved on entirely, as has been pointed out his coaching has not been fit for purpose for about 2 years now, with his 'reputation' appearing more Lee Power created hype with every match and insulting interview which we endure under his tenure.

The majority of the "excellent coach" comments have come from players, at least any of the ones I've listened to.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 09:28:41 »

I think it's probably past the point where Williams can remain on the coaching set up, especially if talk of dressing room unrest is accurate......
Where has that come from? 
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 09:44:30 »

Yesterday he was too close to the players, now they hate him. Sometimes the world moves pretty fast...
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 09:45:27 »

Yesterday he was too close to the players, now they hate him. Sometimes the world moves pretty fast...
To be fair he hasn't said it's towards Williams. Could be unrest between players?
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 10:03:08 »

I suspect any team which isn't winning has some unrest between players. Probably quite a few which are winning too.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 10:11:35 »

To be fair he hasn't said it's towards Williams. Could be unrest between players?

To be less fair he hasn't said anything apart from some throwaway comment, from someone with history of claiming to be ITK whilst very obviously not being ITK?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 10:16:42 »

To be less fair he hasn't said anything apart from some throwaway comment, from someone with history of claiming to be ITK whilst very obviously not being ITK?

The fact that it's Chang who has alluded to it, actually gives me hope that we have a pretty tight knit group.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 10:16:44 »

The rhetoric on a phone in is all well and good but there is absolutely nothing transparent about how the club is run.

This is not entirely down to Power though, it all harks back to when St. Fitton and Black diluted the shareholdings to such a degree that if you didn't own the owning company they were essentially worthless (in terms of both value and the actual ability to have any say at all regarding how the club is run). What accounts do emerge are, due to the size of the business, so vague (but entirely legally compliant) that they actually tell you very little and Power chooses as owner to tell us what he wants to, I suspect that if we were doing well this would be less of an issue (I don't read about Chelsea fans berating Abramovich for his lack of transparency - at least we have heard what Powers voice sounds like!)

Short of just withholding attendance not really sure what else can be done, that's what modern football do to you! We hear much of certain fans having the wealth to do something but choosing not to, I often take such matters with a pinch of salt (all a little Jeddish for my liking) but we shall see.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 10:19:41 by horlock07 » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 10:19:59 »

Since when have we paid any attention to Chang's rumours?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 10:43:57 »

This is not entirely down to Power though, it all harks back to when St. Fitton and Black diluted the shareholdings to such a degree that if you didn't own the owning company they were essentially worthless (in terms of both value and the actual ability to have any say at all regarding how the club is run). What accounts do emerge are, due to the size of the business, so vague (but entirely legally compliant) that they actually tell you very little and Power chooses as owner to tell us what he wants to, I suspect that if we were doing well this would be less of an issue (I don't read about Chelsea fans berating Abramovich for his lack of transparency - at least we have heard what Powers voice sounds like!)

Short of just withholding attendance not really sure what else can be done, that's what modern football do to you! We hear much of certain fans having the wealth to do something but choosing not to, I often take such matters with a pinch of salt (all a little Jeddish for my liking) but we shall see.

True. Fitton/Black finished the job started in the mid 80's, of removing the club from its fans, this was seen as OK at the time as the price to pay for having someone with serious dosh, seeing off the CVA and giving the fans a bit of hope. Unfortunately....it opened the door for a Lee Power.

It should be pointed out at this time, that Fitton/Black, also got us relegated to Div 4.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 10:46:02 »

Since when have we paid any attention to Chang's rumours?
Don't think anyone actually is. I think they are doing that forum thing and engaging in conversation Smiley
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 10:54:47 »

True. Fitton/Black finished the job started in the mid 80's, of removing the club from its fans, this was seen as OK at the time as the price to pay for having someone with serious dosh, seeing off the CVA and giving the fans a bit of hope. Unfortunately....it opened the door for a Lee Power.

It should be pointed out at this time, that Fitton/Black, also got us relegated to Div 4.

And handed us over to Jed McRoooaaarry.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: