Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185136 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 12:12:50 »

TBF, Williams may have many failings (and/or be being made a scapegoat for the failings of others), but I don't see that hosting Playstation sessions is exactly the crime of the century. I get the overfamiliarity with the players thing but he's hardly taking the whole squad out on the lash for a four-day booze'n'drugs rampage is he? Just strikes me this is getting a bit "any stick to beat him with" now
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 12:23:53 »

That's fair enough Paul. Do you think there is any other manager who will do weekly playstation nights with his players?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 12:25:35 »

That's fair enough Paul. Do you think there is any other manager who will do weekly playstation nights with his players?
Don't give a shit tbh. Like I say, I do get the overfamiliarity with the players thing, just think there's bigger problems in the management setup than this
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 12:26:37 »

Surely it has a knock on effect in the way he manages though.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 12:31:14 »

Surely it has a knock on effect in the way he manages though.
Like I say, I do get the overfamiliarity with the players thing. Not sure how many times you want me to repeat this?
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 12:36:28 »

One more time.... Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 12:38:24 »

Smiley All together now - "Like I say, I do get the overfamiliarity with the players thing."
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 12:53:15 »

Don't give a shit tbh. Like I say, I do get the overfamiliarity with the players thing, just think there's bigger problems in the management setup than this
I'd say it's all part of the problem though and the overfamiliarity thing and friendship with certain players is a massive issue as it's stopping him from making objective decisions, his heart is overruling his head. Players get given umpteen second chances and Sunday the Rohan Ince debacle was case in point. Rather than act like a competent manager he clearly didn't want to upset some players by playing Ince (admitted as much) despite it being abundantly clear we needed a player like him to play.
Can't help but think it plays a part in his thinking during the game as well as at times it appears like he doesn't want to embarrass players by hauling them off early.

He doesn't like to have to make hard decisions, that was made abundantly clear last season when he said something along the lines of he'd rather have a "smaller group". A normal manager would consider quitting but that is probably a decision that is too hard to make so avoids dealing with that as well.....
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 12:58:52 »

Like I say, I do get the overfamiliarity with the players thing. Not sure how many times you want me to repeat this?
Hang on what you mean, so you do agree it is a issue but fancied arguing the point saying it's just another stick to hit him with even though it's a valid point.

I would say it's more than overfamiliarity as well
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 12:59:55 »

A normal manager would consider quitting but that is probably a decision that is too hard to make so avoids dealing with that as well.....
Its a shame it appears to be his decision.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 13:02:30 »

Its a shame it appears to be his decision.

It's reaching critical mass whereby fans might need to provide some encouragement.....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 13:12:51 »

It's reaching critical mass whereby fans might need to provide some encouragement.....

It would be so much clearer cut if Sherwood fucks off .....

Maybe there will be a 2 for 1 a his local Nandos next match that'll stop him turning up.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 13:17:09 »

There has to be a degree of fear otherwise respect and performance drops. Seen it in the workplace before - hated manager leaves, replaced by a team leader, employees get complacent.

I'd say the way we perform would be reflective of the way Williams is with the players. Poor discipline, poor fitness, no apparent improvement in areas we struggle in because they're not being held accountable for mistakes.

I don't know that Williams is like this for a fact so not trying to tear into him unnecessarily, but it would make sense and I'm convinced more of a disciplinarian could get more out of this group of players.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 13:18:08 »

For me, it's the lack of any sign of progress in team performance over his time 'in charge' that depresses/annoys me most.  The things that needed addressing after the Play-off season still need addressing and in many respects have actually got worse under his stewardship.

He seems to be a genuinely decent fellow who is probably very good at coaching the technical side of the game to teenagers.  He clearly hasn't been able to make the switch to team management, though.  That requires a different skill set and he just doesn't seem to have it.  

The pressure on him must be increasing significantly (you only have to listen to the drivel he comes out with in post-match interviews) and I really hope he doesn't stay around long enough for his health to suffer.  I wouldn't want to see him end up like Lingy.  Power has a responsibility to make sure that doesn't happen.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 13:21:18 »

It isn't made any easier by having the quality of his squad deteriorated, but I'm not arguing the point. The teams defending has been diabolic for months, although the back 3 or 4 have been OK in recent weeks IMO.

I don't agree with your point about pressure/mental health issues though. He should be sacked for being crap/lack of progress as you state.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: