Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185138 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 12:05:43 »

Of course if PDC said anything remotely similar, and he did, he would have been lauded for it. Really bizarre thing to have a whinge about.
Not by me, I thought PDC was a tosser and still do.
Really bizarre thing to have a whinge about.
It really isn't. The ability to manage and motivate players is central to what a coach/manager does. And from what we can see externally, Williams does not appear to have this core ability or even to understand it.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 12:07:52 »

Of course if PDC said anything remotely similar, and he did, he would have been lauded for it. Really bizarre thing to have a whinge about.
The fact you seem to be the only one disagreeing (there is a suprise) suggests it isn't.

The point like others have made is Williams believes this. We know PDC said it for mind games.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 12:36:00 »

PDC with us could talk the talk and walk the walk.

Williams can barely crawl at the moment.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 12:39:09 »

At any other club Luke would have been long gone.....he's a classic case of the Peter Principle of management.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 12:56:08 »

PDC got plenty of post match interview criticism.

He probably got given slack for his pre-match posturing because he was actually successful. If Williams had the same record he'd get the same.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 12:57:14 »

All of this is just about the results: win and any old shit you say is great. Lose and you are a boring idiot. Same for Di Canio, Hart, Cooper, Williams, Malpas, McMahon etc.

The only difference was King. He won, he lost, he said some really strange things which made little sense grammatically.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 12:58:57 »

All of this is just about the results: win and any old shit you say is great. Lose and you are a boring idiot. Same for Di Canio, Hart, Cooper, Williams, Malpas, McMahon etc.

The only difference was King. He won, he lost, he said some really strange things which made little sense grammatically.

King was way ahead of his time with his post-truth alt-facts interviews and statements. RIP Kingy.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 12:59:35 »

King was way ahead of his time with his post-truth alt-facts interviews and statements. RIP Kingy.

Jerel Awful, Danny Invisible, classics Smiley
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 13:06:52 »

I firmly believe that if/when Swindon lose tomorrow, it won't be down to those comments.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 13:15:20 »

I firmly believe that if/when Swindon lose tomorrow, it won't be down to those comments.

But you can be sure that he won't be able to put his finger on what went wrong.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 13:16:42 »

We are going to draw tomorrow. I can feel it in my bones.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 13:18:14 »

Great, so he's done Rovers team talk for them.
Really? On the inflammatory scale of things, it's hardly the Towering Inferno.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #27 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 13:21:53 »

I don't think it's even the doing their teamtalk etc that i don't get it's the fact that before a derby match he is basically telling young players not to expect much different to Bolton away.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 13:26:45 »

Hell there are a plethora of reasons to slate him at the moment, is this the best we can come up with.

He's a dead man walking in most fans eyes so its time to get rid, if we suddenly picked up (unlikely I admit) too much has been said by many fans to go back without admitting that they were wrong, which football supporters don't do.

If you think our lot are bad there were some fabulous examples of fans calling  for Klopps head on 606 after they lost to Southampton, you know its bad when you can hear the pundits stifling a giggle at what the blokes were coming out with!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 13:30:11 »

Really? All I ever hear him say is he doesn't know why this that or the other happened. Which is kind of his job, isn't it?
I'd defend his comments after games earlier in the season - he showed a clear understanding of what was wrong with performances. However, he has clearly demonstrated that he is incapable of rectifying what has been going wrong.

Yes, he has increasingly been saying he doesn't know why things have gone wrong, which does, as you suggest, demonstrate he is out of his depth. Unfortunately, Sherwood has been a kind of lifebelt keeping Williams from drowning completely (or swimming competently on is own). As Reg has mentioned more than once, Williams would have been given the sack if he was anywhere else.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: