Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185156 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 13:25:45 »

Can't see why there's any surprise in Power carrying on with his 'way' in L2 when it's only a few weeks ago he came out and stated he wasn't changing anything.

The Williams situation is more debatable. The pool of compliant replacements must be tiny.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 13:41:54 »

Didn't Power state in an interview somewhere that Sherwood signed all these players in Jan, wasn't it the same statement where he said that the players they bought previous were not up to it but they have now given Williams the right tools for the job.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/chairman-addresses-current-situation-at-stfc-3573390.aspx

Remember next season, he only said he was confident we'd do better if we stayed up Smiley
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 14:29:52 »

Apparently he's carrying on till the bitter end, I believe him. The end will be bitter.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 15:01:18 »

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/chairman-addresses-current-situation-at-stfc-3573390.aspx

Remember next season, he only said he was confident we'd do better if we stayed up Smiley

That is an honest appraisal.... in Div 4 we won't be able to loan the same standard of player... plus the reputation for players improving has been well and truly fucked.  So we'll be left with the bargain bin... the likes of Feruz, and some sub Conference non leaguers like Harry Agombar.

I'm probably alone on this but I rather hope we've an option on Branco, as he could be OK in Div 4.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 15:57:16 »

I dont think I have seen or spoken to anyone that is confident under Powers current plans with only buying youngsters to sell on that we will have any chance of a quick return from L2.

It is concerning though that he is leaving Williams in the job for this long.

Does anyone know the difference in the FL pot, and type of advertising / sponsorship for L2 does it reduce in price or does income stay similar ? obviously matchday income will reduce with less walk up fans and smaller gates.

Wondered how L1 compares to L2
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 16:10:08 »

I'm probably alone on this but I rather hope we've an option on Branco, as he could be OK in Div 4.

I believe we had trouble getting Branco to sign the last contract as he thought he could do better than us. Perfectly happy for him to piss off myself but i guess after his shit season there will be very few takers so we may be stuck with him.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 16:17:31 »

Branco could be alright in L2. Norris I think would do an alright job at that level too
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 16:28:17 »

Something to look forward to then.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 16:28:19 »

agreed, but you can't rely on him as the main man for goals
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 16:33:21 »

Branco could be alright in L2. Norris I think would do an alright job at that level too

Centre halves improve with age and we'll need a bit of physical presence.

In Div 4 you get the likes of Akinfenwa and Rhead, they'll make mincemeat out of te bits of kids we tend to recruit.
Panda Paws

« Reply #670 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 16:33:47 »

Branco will never be alright anywhere. He cannot defend. It's that simple. He's woeful.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 16:56:39 »

Branco will never be alright anywhere. He cannot defend. It's that simple. He's woeful.

These things are all relative... right now you can probably count the number of good central defenders at the highest level on one hand. We're talking Div 4 here, for a club with a diminished wage bill.... I know Branco isn't great, but we have to realistic.

As bizarre as it sounds, again relatively speaking te defending hasn't been the primary issue this year....it's up front that has been the deciding factor. We're looking at our lowest ever leading goalscorer, unless there's a big change over the last 7 games.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 17:03:30 »

Its true Bristol Rovers in 8th have conceded only one less goal than we have (they are a bit of an exception).

The problem has been creating and scoring goals. An area where previously we had good quality loan players etc. I suspect Goddard will have a very good year in league 2.
Panda Paws

« Reply #673 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 17:06:19 »

These things are all relative... right now you can probably count the number of good central defenders at the highest level on one hand. We're talking Div 4 here, for a club with a diminished wage bill.... I know Branco isn't great, but we have to realistic.

As bizarre as it sounds, again relatively speaking te defending hasn't been the primary issue this year....it's up front that has been the deciding factor. We're looking at our lowest ever leading goalscorer, unless there's a big change over the last 7 games.

Let's agree to disagree. There are far more competent defenders two levels below us.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 17:09:15 »

Its true Bristol Rovers in 8th have conceded only one less goal than we have (they are a bit of an exception).

The problem has been creating and scoring goals. An area where previously we had good quality loan players etc. I suspect Goddard will have a very good year in league 2.

Re: Goddard obviously he did OK in the Conference, but Div 3 a step too high for him. It's not inconceivable he'll be OK in Div 4.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: