Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 63   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams - ***CONFIRMED - HE'S GONE***  (Read 185157 times)
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 13:11:06 »

What is the point? Just reporting what I was told from a good friend who knows Cooper well.

I am not talking about the situation now.
They had a lot of money behind them when Brown was there, and it wouldn't matter if the crowd was 10.
My mistake relegated from Conference, and just about to get relegated again.

Getting a bit frustrated know: It seems if you are not known as poster who comes on here often you know nothing, so lets say I'm just making up a load of bullshit, you are right, keep making the argument and have a nice day.

Earlier this season stood at Supermarine for the visit of FGR I was speaking to Dale Vince and Jez Webb, Mr Vince also spoke of the figure of £25K as the basic salary that cooper was on at STFC, this had many bonuses attached to it but that is what Dale said his wage was. So its certainly not the case of waving a magic wand and getting a man we all want for an average wage.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 13:11:51 »

Of course it's not wrong! I can imagine he lives month to month, like most people in their 30s with a family. Why would he give up his income?

Anyway, primary point is it's not his decision to make and Power needs to step up. Every day that passes, every match, he loses more and more of the tiny amount of credibility he has. I've been one of his staunchest defenders, particularly regarding the non-football side of the business, but even I think he's being a fucking knob.

Spot on PP. Power should have acted months ago. The transfer window recruits haven't helped and it's been clear for months that something needed to change at managerial level and it hasn't happened.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 13:18:20 »

Lose on Saturday then Williams has to go surely.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 14:04:09 »

You'd have thought. But then we said that about last night. And last Saturday. And the two derby games. Apparently not
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 18:14:03 »

I saw earlier a retweet that LW was appointed on 8th March 2016. There could be something in the contract that triggers another 12 months rollover or a release clause. Just a thought that either party are hanging on for something?

Sent from my HTC One M9
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 18:39:07 »

How many times has that been said ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 18:43:44 »

If he was going to be sacked, he would have done by now. Him and Power are in a stalemate, can't see why LW doesn't live - surely he's making himself unemployable for future jobs?
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 18:49:45 »

If he was going to be sacked, he would have done by now. Him and Power are in a stalemate, can't see why LW doesn't live - surely he's making himself unemployable for future jobs?
Wouldn't leave my job unless I had another one lined up. He'll need to be pushed.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 18:49:46 »

Isn't it simply that LW has 4 yrs of his contract to run - and, therefore, the prospect of a pay off equal to 4 x annual salary if LP decides he has to go?  Very few people would pass up the prospect of such a pay off by resigning.  The root of the problem seems to be LP's rash decision to award such a long contract to an untested manager.  I'll bet he now regrets it every day.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 18:59:58 »

But if Power will not change his philosophy on how he wants the team to play - even in L2 - how many prospective managers would sign up for that.

We'll end up attracting the desperate, yes-Lee, whatever-you-say-Lee, candidates when what we need is a fuck-off-Lee-and-let-me-get-on-with-it type. 

Problem is, Power wouldn't countenance that. We're stuck with the desperate, I'm afraid.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 19:00:33 »

Isn't it simply that LW has 4 yrs of his contract to run - and, therefore, the prospect of a pay off equal to 4 x annual salary if LP decides he has to go?  Very few people would pass up the prospect of such a pay off by resigning.  The root of the problem seems to be LP's rash decision to award such a long contract to an untested manager.  I'll bet he now regrets it every day.

Power said in that Talksport interview that he gave Williams a 5 year contract as coach, and he's currently 2 years through. I might have misheard it though, anyone else hear that?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 19:11:26 »

If I was a manager I'd go nowhere near town. Also the standard of player we can attract is crap. It is one cluster fuck. I think Williams and embleton will be there for div 4. If power was going to do anything he would have done it by now. We are fucked not only this season but next as well.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 19:16:27 »

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 19:20:17 »

Power said in that Talksport interview that he gave Williams a 5 year contract as coach, and he's currently 2 years through. I might have misheard it though, anyone else hear that?

He said that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 19:25:41 »

he said we have been in administration 4 times in 15 years too
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 63   Go Up
Print
Jump to: