Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Predicament...  (Read 20670 times)
GL5 Red

« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 14:17:55 »

Fair point panda paws re attendances, I stand corrected. What I meant was in regards to lads I go with and have been for years, the interest in attending is all time low. Early 80's (a few years before my time) crowds were a lot lower.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 14:21:05 »

However, numbers are at all time low
Not even close as recently as the early 2000's we had a sub 3.5k home league gate against Cambridge and many around the 4.5k mark. It was only when Fitton rocked up the: http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Results.asp?Season=2000-2001 that the average rose above the 4.5/5k mark.

We get you don't like Power but don't just make stuff up!

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 14:21:51 »

Now we know the ins and outs of most clubs and comparisons are easily made.
We really don't. People just assume they do on the basis of some half-arsed shite they've read on Facebook/another forum etc etc. Most of the figures claimed and comparisons based on them are utter drivel.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 14:22:44 »

We really don't. People just assume they do on the basis of some half-arsed shite they've read on Facebook/another forum etc etc. Most of the figures claimed and comparisons based on them are utter drivel.

But they are FACTS, aren't they?
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 14:22:50 »

The problem GL5 that team were too good for this league, we got very lucky picking up players like Luongo, Pritchard, Mason, Stephens and Bryne, looks where P, M and S are now? Prem regulars.

It feels like a big step back but that's the life of Swindon, we have a good season and then dross for a while, while the owner tries to rebuild the squad to go again. Only 7 (ish) years ago, Danny Wilson got us to the play offs then relegated the next season, that's Swindon for you.

The accounts for 2014-2015 should be out very soon so we will know some of the finances in regards to the club, which the main questions are:

- are we profitable
 - how much money is Power making from the club

He has unfortunately burnt too many bridges with his approach to the fans I am afraid, he could have easily got the fans on side at the start and is now paying the price as a minority don't trust him as he hasn't been as open with them as he should have.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 14:25:06 »

Now we know the ins and outs of most clubs and comparisons are easily made.

This, I can tell you almost every club is loss making, how much and who owns the debt......... but when these clubs are spending money and Power ain't, they will get on his back as they want what the others have.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 14:25:25 »

But they are FACTS, aren't they?
I think they may be alternative facts, a la Trump
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 14:26:29 »

Fucking hell....so much this. We used to be REALLY fucking shit and played in front of crowds of under 2,500 week in week out.

This is true, and maybe it was the naivety of youth, but at that time I actually thought things were going to get better at some point.

With where we are now I can't see any way out.
At the end of this season most of the team will be gone & we will have to rebuild again, in comes another stream of kids that find it hard to cope physically with League 1 or (god forbid) league two and we struggle again turn it around just enough to stay up and then the cycle starts again.

We may get lucky that the new faces all gel and we have a decent season, but if we do and don't get promoted (which history shows is quite likely) we are probably back to square one for the season after
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 14:26:54 »

Name a club, I can tell you how much money they lost in their last financial record (which will be 2014-15) as it's all public information  Beers
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 14:27:06 »

This, I can tell you almost every club is loss making, how much and who owns the debt.........
Fuck off you can. You can say what was in some club's accounts from a couple of years ago, assuming they've actually filed on time, which doesn't tell half the story and says precisely fuck all about how the club was actually being run then, much less now.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 14:27:43 »

Name a club, I can tell you how much money they lost in their last financial record (which will be 2014-15) as it's all public information  Beers
And, as I said above, that will tell you precisely fuck all about how the club was being run then, much less now
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 14:30:06 »

Fuck off you can. You can say what was in some club's accounts from a couple of years ago, assuming they've actually filed on time, which doesn't tell half the story and says precisely fuck all about how the club was actually being run then, much less now.

I can tell you what their recorded profit / loss was, this is public information available to anyone.......... Oxford lost 2.5m last time they filed their records, Colchester lost £2m on sales of £3.5m  Wink
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 14:30:23 »

I think they may be alternative facts, a la Trump

I understand that there were around 7.5m supporters at the County Ground on Saturday!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 14:32:09 »

I understand that there were around 7.5m supporters at the County Ground on Saturday!

That beats the attendance at the Dallas Stars games, which was officially announced as only 1.5m in response to Trump's decleration Smiley

Presumably also means there's more money available for transfers now
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 14:33:15 »

Actually the only thing that is fairly clear is that Power was looking to make money out of the club its all going down the shitter and his ability to make cash will be further eroded if we get relegated.

I do wonder whether he has just lost interest....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: