Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The not STFC transfer rumours thread  (Read 182650 times)
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Saturday, October 24, 2020, 15:35:45 »

Ben Woodburn on loan to Blackpool. He was the next big thing not so long ago, and now he's backup to Jerry Yates (probably).

We had him on loan last year but he got a long injury. Was quality before.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Saturday, October 24, 2020, 15:47:21 »

I suspect it will be the inverse of that, a player who has 10 caps and a quad player at a top PL club is unlikely to be allowed to go out on loan as a bench warmer, also remembering the close links between Liverpool yoof and Blackpool's manager (who I note has still only won 1 of the ten games he has been in charge for)!
2 now, they beat Franchise 1-0 this afternoon
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 17:51:13 »

Shrewsbury have just signed Charlie Daniels. Had a bad injury last year, but had been a premier league regular for the four seasons prior to that
His former Bournemouth team mate Marc Pugh seems to be heading there too.

Just shows what we are up against when the likes of Shrewsbury can attract these type of players. Leon Clarke a few weeks ago too - I doubt any of them are coming cheap.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 18:01:32 »

Any club's crazy signing up pricey players right now. All the signals point to more disruption over the coming weeks and months. Even the league is suspending games, rather than just postponing them, which sounds ominous.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: Monday, February 1, 2021, 11:45:56 »

Burton seem to be on it today. Adding Terry Taylor (Wolves) and Town linkee Josh Earl (Preston) to Johnny Smith and Tom Hamer. Can't say I know much about any of them other than Johnny, but they're clearly not going down without a fight!
Panda Paws

« Reply #680 on: Monday, February 1, 2021, 11:49:26 »

Burton seem to be on it today. Adding Terry Taylor (Wolves) and Town linkee Josh Earl (Preston) to Johnny Smith and Tom Hamer. Can't say I know much about any of them other than Johnny, but they're clearly not going down without a fight!

Linked with Bowman at Exeter too. New manager who's had a bit of success at this level before too (although I'm not a big fan personally). J
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Monday, February 1, 2021, 11:54:18 »

Linked with Bowman at Exeter too. New manager who's had a bit of success at this level before too (although I'm not a big fan personally). J

It's always dangerous going back but if he managed to keep Burton up it would be a really good achievement

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Monday, February 1, 2021, 11:56:44 »

Remember the last transfer window didn't go well and arguably was the reason Wellens left!

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #683 on: Monday, February 1, 2021, 12:01:56 »

I like Jimmy Floyd Hasselhoff I think he is a motivator and he can spot a good player.

Josh Earl is on paper a good left back but has had serious injuries in the last 2 years like Fryers has so would be a risk, Jonny Smith has obvious talent and at the right club will be a big hit, Tom Hamer was linked to us under Wellens and is a big uncompramising CB who can pass a ball, our style of CB signing. Terry Taylor don't know much about but he has played a few times for the Welsh U21s and below and Wolves wanted to try him in a higher league than L2 where he was on loan.

As PP says they are linked to Bowman from Exeter who I have never rated but he has a good scoring record down in Devon and a career 1 in 3 record.

Their owner seems to be pushing the boat out to try and improve a side with some investment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Monday, February 1, 2021, 12:03:00 »

Quote from: Nemo

but you could say that about us if you didn't know better - Masterson, Thompson, Freeman
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Monday, February 1, 2021, 12:03:32 »

I like Jimmy Floyd Hasselhoff I think he is a motivator and he can spot a good player.

Josh Earl is on paper a good left back but has had serious injuries in the last 2 years like Fryers has so would be a risk, Jonny Smith has obvious talent and at the right club will be a big hit, Tom Hamer was linked to us under Wellens and is a big uncompramising CB who can pass a ball, our style of CB signing. Terry Taylor don't know much about but he has played a few times for the Welsh U21s and below and Wolves wanted to try him in a higher league than L2 where he was on loan.

As PP says they are linked to Bowman from Exeter who I have never rated but he has a good scoring record down in Devon and a career 1 in 3 record.

Their owner seems to be pushing the boat out to try and improve a side with some investment.

At least Burton have the feel good factor back unlike us😀

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #686 on: Monday, February 1, 2021, 12:07:01 »

Like Batch said, we've made some good signings ourselves on paper.

It's the fucking manager that's the problem. Is he still fucking here?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #687 on: Monday, February 1, 2021, 12:09:31 »

At least Burton have the feel good factor back unlike us😀
I think their fans on the forum have always had a more positive outlook on things than Swindon fans who have had a lot longer periods of suffering in the football league than Burton have!

Its still all fresh for them having only been in the league 11 years! plenty of pessimism to come....

Peter Venkman

« Reply #688 on: Monday, February 1, 2021, 12:11:10 »

Like Batch said, we've made some good signings ourselves on paper.

It's the fucking manager that's the problem. Is he still fucking here?
Absolutely, on paper we have made some great signings, on the pitch the manager seems to hamper any positivity.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Monday, February 1, 2021, 12:13:39 »

I think their fans on the forum have always had a more positive outlook on things than Swindon fans who have had a lot longer periods of suffering in the football league than Burton have!

Its still all fresh for them having only been in the league 11 years! plenty of pessimism to come....

Agreed early days for them so plenty of time to change their opinions and a shame they never sent Nigel Clough to us!

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49   Go Up
Print
Jump to: