Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 49   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The not STFC transfer rumours thread  (Read 182646 times)
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 13:24:09 »

Ched Evans likely to sign for Portsmouth apparently. Oxford struggling to recruit and getting dangerously close to the new season with key areas to fill, and still to potentially lose their No 1 GK.

Shame Bury and Bolton are starting on -12 as Oxford appear in a bit of trouble at the moment with their squad.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #256 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 14:10:04 »

Oxford struggling to recruit and getting dangerously close to the new season with key areas to fill,
You could say that in all honesty about pretty much every team in the bottom 2 divisions. Including us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 14:12:48 »

You could say that in all honesty about pretty much every team in the bottom 2 divisions. Including us.
Yeah but that doesn't fit my agenda  Too Cool
Peter Venkman

« Reply #258 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 14:18:56 »

Yeah but that doesn't fit my agenda  Too Cool
Theres no denying they are in a worse position than we are with new signings...hows that? Cheesy

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 14:32:58 »

Ched Evans likely to sign for Portsmouth apparently. Oxford struggling to recruit and getting dangerously close to the new season with key areas to fill, and still to potentially lose their No 1 GK.

Shame Bury and Bolton are starting on -12 as Oxford appear in a bit of trouble at the moment with their squad.
Have they still got the prolific injury free scoring Obika to bang the goals in

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #260 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 14:34:49 »

Have they still got the prolific injury free scoring Obika to bang the goals in
He is currently on trial at Stevenage.

Panda Paws

« Reply #261 on: Monday, July 22, 2019, 14:47:28 »

We're in much better shape than many. Championship in particular, where clubs seem spooked by the FL finally penalizing FFP breaches.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Friday, July 26, 2019, 12:43:28 »

Salford looking to loan Louis Moult from PNE for the season and pay virtually all of his 」9-10k pw wages!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Friday, July 26, 2019, 12:44:56 »

Good to see FFP being adheared to!
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Friday, July 26, 2019, 12:46:34 »

Ways around it , Bristol City have been using a loophole for many a season.....more recently FGR have also been exploiting it..
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Friday, July 26, 2019, 13:14:26 »

Ways around it , Bristol City have been using a loophole for many a season.....more recently FGR have also been exploiting it..

The Neville's are probably paying his wages personally
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #266 on: Friday, July 26, 2019, 13:23:09 »

It is being adhered to though
Peter Venkman

« Reply #267 on: Friday, July 26, 2019, 13:30:58 »

It is being adhered to though
Absolutely, they are adhering to the rules, just that the rules are easily twisted.

Oh it is obviously cheating the system, exactly as FGR did last season and this. Salford had an average gate of 2,800 last season.

If the FFP (Salary Cost Management Protocol) regulation is there then it should be adhered to without any "sponsorship/loan loopholes" that Bristol City, Bournemouth, Mansfield, FGR and many many others have found a way round it applying to them.

In L2 clubs can spend 55% of the clubs turnover on wages.

This injection of equity should be banned as it is blatantly cheating the system in place to stop clubs overspening on wages, hence having the FFP/SCMP in the first place.
Basically the "injection of equity" is an excuse for getting round the SCMP, sponsorship deals or interest free loans to clubs from members of the board are classed as such.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 26, 2019, 13:32:35 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Peter Venkman

« Reply #268 on: Friday, July 26, 2019, 13:35:29 »

The Neville's are probably paying his wages personally
Salford recently announced an "equity injection" in the form of a cash injection from the board about a week ago of 」2.4m so that is instantly added to any budget figure they had, which was already huge by L2 comparisons.

Our own Clem Morfuni's quote about him putting 」700k to the playing budget would be classed as an "equity injection" also, so we are guilty of the same, just to a much lesser extent.

Flashheart

« Reply #269 on: Friday, July 26, 2019, 13:38:19 »

It's not within the spirit of the rules.

I'm not fussed myself. I couldn't really care less about what other clubs are doing and I'd be happy if we had a sugar daddy (with caveats). My only real gripe about them as a club is a personal one because we'll have to compete with their spending this season at least.

What really bugs me is that the press lauds it up as a fairytale story of a small club rising up despite the odds. That just is not the case.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 49   Go Up
Print
Jump to: