Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 49   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The not STFC transfer rumours thread  (Read 182687 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 16:45:10 »

Yaser Kasim believed to be leaving Northampton for Port Vale or Notts County.

Remember when he was off to Swansea soapy tit wank

If it's Vale, he'll have a trip to the CG to look forward to.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 16:52:56 »

Perhaps we need an 'Anton Rodgers to Oxford' rumour to be started by tansmedia
He didn't last long at Hungerford.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 21:24:52 »

From Monday morning, Christian Doidge is back with FGR.  We've taken the decision to recall him after his loan agreement expired last week amid continual contractual breaches by Bolton Wanderers.

It became clear to us that Bolton entered into a contract to loan and then buy Christian last August without the means to honour it, and perhaps the intention to do so as well. They haven't even paid his wages for the last four months (we have). 

It's not just FGR that have been let down badly by Bolton, but Christian too. 

Bolton's Chairman, Ken Anderson, made a lot of promises on the last day of the transfer window, both to Christian and FGR, and has kept none of them.  This is all his work and from talking to Ken he feels immune from the consequences - but some of these promises are written in legally binding contracts, and we'll be pursuing them.

When the dust settles, we'll talk to the EFL about how they regulate clubs like Bolton.  They already regulate the club to a degree, controlling all TV monies to make sure that football debts get paid. Hard not to wonder whether the league could also have a role in approving the terms of any contracts entered into - to make sure that they are actually within the means of the club.  We had no way to know, but the EFL should have the inside view on that. 

And finally (for now...) - Disappointing as it is to see this go pear shaped, both for FGR and Christian, I'm also excited by the prospect of the second half of the season with Christian back with us.  I'm sure all FGR fans everywhere will join me in welcoming him back 

Good news in a way for FGR. unfortunately I can see that sealing at minimum a playoff place and makes our game with them next month even harder
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 21:37:57 »

Good news in a way for FGR. unfortunately I can see that sealing at minimum a playoff place and makes our game with them next month even harder

I see your angle  but also, nothing like a sob story to bring attention to one of your prized assets...in a transfer window. He'll be sold to another club by end of the window.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 21:38:33 »

Forgot to add - still shocking conduct by Bolton.

'Incessant Nonsense'

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 21:38:39 »

Is he the big lump forward who always looked a bit something and nothing when we played them?  He's got a good enough record I suppose.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 21:55:33 »

Is he the big lump forward who always looked a bit something and nothing when we played them?  He's got a good enough record I suppose.

Yeah, kinda. They'll probably still sell him and for more than Bolton were going to pay for him.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Monday, January 7, 2019, 07:26:01 »

Not sure they can, there's the FIFA rule about playing for more than two clubs in twelve months, no?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, January 7, 2019, 10:20:56 »

The Doidge thing is interesting as presumably FGR have budgeted for the transfer fee and signed players to cover his loss.
Now I am sure their chairman has the money to cover the shortfall, but if that was a team without those means the FA have potentially allowed Bolton to knowingly enter into a contract, that could have put another club into financial difficulties.

The FA need to be looking at this as there are plenty of clubs living beyond their means but have the sugar daddy to back them up, but Bolton are doing it and just not paying anyone.

I am sure Doidge will get a move from FG, but he didn't set the world alight in the Championship, so I don't see anyone else in that league taking a punt on him now and I also don't think many teams in L1 would stump up more than £500k for him.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, January 7, 2019, 10:32:52 »

The Doidge thing is interesting as presumably FGR have budgeted for the transfer fee and signed players to cover his loss.
Now I am sure their chairman has the money to cover the shortfall, but if that was a team without those means the FA have potentially allowed Bolton to knowingly enter into a contract, that could have put another club into financial difficulties.

The FA need to be looking at this as there are plenty of clubs living beyond their means but have the sugar daddy to back them up, but Bolton are doing it and just not paying anyone.

I am sure Doidge will get a move from FG, but he didn't set the world alight in the Championship, so I don't see anyone else in that league taking a punt on him now and I also don't think many teams in L1 would stump up more than £500k for him.

After the shenanigans last year and then this, I think we can safely say that the Bolton Chairman is definitely in the Jed McCrory not a pot to piss in mould....
Panda Paws

« Reply #160 on: Monday, January 7, 2019, 11:03:17 »

Between himself and his son, they've taken over £650k out in salaries too...

A sobering thought.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, January 7, 2019, 11:18:21 »

Doidge is an odd one. I've never seen him play well but he seems to stick the ball in the back of the net a lot. Like a less super Sam Parkin I guess.

Boltons conduct is atrocious but Vince's call for financial regulation made me chuckle given how he's bankrolled them.
Panda Paws

« Reply #162 on: Monday, January 7, 2019, 11:24:45 »

Doidge is an odd one. I've never seen him play well but he seems to stick the ball in the back of the net a lot. Like a less super Sam Parkin I guess.

Boltons conduct is atrocious but Vince's call for financial regulation made me chuckle given how he's bankrolled them.

Why would regulation affect someone who's bankrolled a club? If anything, it's in interests of rich owners to call for tighter penalties and regulation on more 'creative' owners.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, January 7, 2019, 12:10:58 »

Does again provide food for thought to the Power out at all costs brigade. Be careful what you wish for as on the face of it there does seem to be a fair few more proven dodgy owners around.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #164 on: Monday, January 7, 2019, 15:59:45 »

I agree. I have seen him play live and on tv at least 7 times and to me he looks like a carthorse yet he always seems to get his name on the scoresheet.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 49   Go Up
Print
Jump to: