Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 49   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The not STFC transfer rumours thread  (Read 182629 times)
bilko

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 12:31:24 »

I got a feeling that striker from Wigan may hitch up again with FGR as he's a hero their after scoring two goals in the Play off Final - seems like FGR are getting a collection of ex Swindon staff and players at the moment and I didn't realise until today Luton have 5 ex Swindon players in their squad.
By all accounts that Wigan player were after has loads of pace and Copper played him out wide when he was with them. Hopefully though he will see us as the biggest draw to come to but its sad we are now competing with FGR for players that's how far weve dropped as a club.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 12:50:18 »

how far weve dropped as a club.

or how far teams like Burton and FGR have progressed, Swindon haven't moved in stature much in the last 20 years, bouncing between L1 and 2, where as teams like FGR, Burton, Bournemouth and Swansea have got a lot of investment and progressed to be on the same level as teams which they only dreamed of playing 10 years ago.

Now FGR are in the league, yes we will be competing with them as to a player, it doesn't really matter on the history of the club, just what league they are in and what wages they are paying. FGR won't be paying anymore than us for players so it will come down to the players preference.
Flashheart

« Reply #62 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 13:27:33 »

that's how far weve dropped as a club.

One division.

It's shit, but we've dropped one division from where we usually are. A single division. One.
bilko

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 13:49:41 »

Yeah weve dropped one division but to a shit division L1 was poor and this league were in now is dire teams but what I meant is FGR have progressed weve declined whereas not long ago no one would even consider discussing FGR now were competing for players with them and they're taking staff and young players from us.

Gonna be a tough physical season this league and fitness counts a lot in this league so we will have gone from over playing football to hoof football so all we can do is hopefully hope DF knows what he is doing to get us out of this league.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #64 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 14:03:21 »

Gonna be a tough physical season this league and fitness counts a lot in this league so we will have gone from over playing football to hoof football so all we can do is hopefully hope DF knows what he is doing to get us out of this league.
We hardly played an on the deck passing game when Macari took us up as champions, then again when Wise/Sturrock got us out of this league we were a big side who put themselves about a bit, and even under PdC we played plenty of long hoof ball and that worked too.

If thats what it takes to get us promotion then I say fucking go for it.

Last season we had a bunch of wimps playing for us and that certainly won't be how it is this season, we will at least battle for every ball rather than duck out of challenges and 50/50 balls, it may not be pretty to watch but I think we could well be up around the playoffs at least this coming season and yes we should be aiming for automatic promotion considering the quality of the league.

Plenty of sides relegated from L1 have slipped right through the division southwards, the worst part is that even mid table would be a vast improvement on our side last season when almost every player was happy to just turn up and pick up a wage and not bother with any effort.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 14:14:47 »

I think nearly every fan would prefer a season of regular wins in a lower league than getting dicked week in, week out in a higher one.

I reckon if we'd survived last season and Power decided not too much was wrong with his 'way' even more fans would have drifted away this season with the poor entertainment on offer and little prospect of change.

Dropping a division may be the making of us (again).
Peter Venkman

« Reply #66 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 14:17:23 »

I think nearly every fan would prefer a season of regular wins in a lower league than getting dicked week in, week out in a higher one.

I reckon if we'd survived last season and Power decided not too much was wrong with his 'way' even more fans would have drifted away this season with the poor entertainment on offer and little prospect of change.

Exactly.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 14:27:27 »

Quote from: Audrey's Bellend

well yeah, winning league 2 would be more fun than getting relegated from  league 1.

But I'd love to see us go up to the championship even if the end result is we sink.

I know it's not what you meant, but I wonder how many are happy with league 1 because the championship looks difficult?!

It may be a disaster too, doesn't feel like one .

But yeah, if project babysitter is gone for good then it's a positive.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 14:38:17 »

You're assuming that we'll win games in Div 4.  Essentially we have no idea how the coming season will pan out, and probably won't have until about December.  This is not Flitcroft's fault, his work so far has been good, but the job is difficult.

We kick off in a fortnight, and have a basic squad of journeymen players, we've no idea how we'll play, no idea how the relegation might affect support levels and no idea if we'll recruit further.

A pre-season friendly this week at the CG would have been handy.... give a glimpse of what we might expect.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 14:49:24 »

Bloody hell! I should think every Town fan expects to win games in the basement. Whether enough to gain promotion I haven't a clue. But I cannot envisage a struggle in the least.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 14:49:30 »

TRANSFER RUMOURS please, don't make me beg now.... Wink
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 15:58:41 »

Between us and FGR to sign him on loan for a season apparently.

Quote from the FGR forum...

They have a forum? Whats the address? Www.vegantreehuggers.com?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #72 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 16:28:41 »

They have a forum? Whats the address? Www.vegantreehuggers.com?
Cheesy www.weonlyhave500fans.com

Its here http://forum.fgrfc.net/index.php

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, July 21, 2017, 19:03:11 »

they seem to rate Wollery, while acknowledging him to be not quite the finished article.

I see the FGR are also off to Portugal. Have Easyjet got a Bristol Airport special on or something.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, July 22, 2017, 02:40:00 »

You're assuming that we'll win games in Div 4.  Essentially we have no idea how the coming season will pan out, and probably won't have until about December.  This is not Flitcroft's fault, his work so far has been good, but the job is difficult.

We kick off in a fortnight, and have a basic squad of journeymen players, we've no idea how we'll play, no idea how the relegation might affect support levels and no idea if we'll recruit further.

A pre-season friendly this week at the CG would have been handy.... give a glimpse of what we might expect.

This is the first season I've seen us in the basement where we really feel like we are there on (lack of) merit, rather than a bigger club on a blip.

Happy with pre-season, and the change of focus seems positive for our current situation. We just feel like a league 2 team this year.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 49   Go Up
Print
Jump to: