Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Peterborough United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23594 times)
redjed

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 00:23:39 »

the 3 lads from Chelsea, did'nt have a proper training session with the team last  week, and  played quite well, a week with the town training, and they have got the slow slow build up off to a fine  art  Suicide

Good news , its not the end of the world today, as its tomorrow in New Zealand
REDBUCK

« Reply #91 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 04:13:59 »

It's like we've been taken over by s strange footballing cult, with  Power and Williams the cult leaders and each player in turn getting brainwashed into the cult. Meanwhile all other teams in the league remain non believers.

At some point, the cult will be debunked, and we'll return to normal.  It'll just be a case of how much rebuilding willbe needed.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #92 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 10:23:37 »

It's like we've been taken over by s strange footballing cult, with  Power and Williams the cult leaders and each player in turn getting brainwashed into the cult. Meanwhile all other teams in the league remain non believers.

At some point, the cult will be debunked, and we'll return to normal.  It'll just be a case of how much rebuilding willbe needed.
The way I see it is that its some form of "Emperor's new clothes" and if you don't see the great stuff going on - on the pitch - then you are some kind of football halfwit, allegedly, according to the Emporer and his adviser.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 10:24:18 »

I think the one thing that yesterday told us is that we won't stay up with this squad...we've a week and a bit to strengthen, or weaken as the case may be.

In 10/11 it was painfully apparent that when the window closed were were fucked, coming after our 29th game of the season, a 1-1 draw v Dale. At the same point we had 31 points....we would need to win at Rovers to get 32.

All is not lost just yet, but I'm starting to turn half an eye to the composition of Div 4 for next season noting that Cheltnum have got themselves out of the bottom 2 at the expense of Notts County.....it would be sad to see a club like Notts go.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #94 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 10:46:17 »

When the pitches start cutting up and get heavier our little sweethearts will be fucked. Given fitness has not improved for players and injuries come and go regularly how the fuck will they cope. This is where you need a few warhorses like poshs no 4 yesterday and we haven't got one let alone a few. Ive already written us off to go down this season so staying up would be a bonus.
Malvern Red

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 10:56:03 »

Fwiw unless by some sort of miracle Power decides to splash the cash and buy a commanding CB and a proven goal scorer in this window we will be heading towards league 2 with this current squad, I'm not expecting us to pickup anything from the Rovers,Oxford or Bury games what's more frustrating is that Shrewsbury who are 💩 Seem to be putting together a few results with the addition of a few new recruits I also think after sacking Wilson and appointing Caldwell chesterfield may turn a corner. It's my opinion that the longer we continue to allow Williams and Embleton to be in around the coaching setup results won't improve because it's apparent that the players although not good enough lack the belief in what the coaches are trying to do. Coventry and Oldham will definitely be relegated alongside dare I say it us and either Northampton and the Gills. Hope I'm wrong but I honestly after looking at the next 8/9 fixtures can't see where our next win will come from possibly Coventry it's not a great time to be a town fan
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 11:42:06 »

just saw the goal again. think vigs could have done better, but he saw it late. branco should have tried to clear it too, did he think it was going wide it was he too far away.

I know I'm going to be slated for this because it is too early, but **in the context of yesterday's game** I don't see what the Chelsea boys offered that we don't have. caulker has quality to be fair, but we need something different from a silky skilled type.

yours,

grumpy McGrumpFace
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #97 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 11:51:14 »

The Chelsea players are a spin of the dice. Fresh players mentally and physically. They are also extra bodies. I remain to be convinced but they are not what Sherwood said we needed and the clock is ticking. Wholesale change is needed. It is very good news that's lot of contracts are up because I don't fancy this lot to do well in division 4 next season. Warhorses needed not show ponies.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 11:57:41 »

Cant see them changing the philosophy next season if we go down tbh
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #99 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 12:05:42 »

Relegation and shit season ticket sales might prompt a bit more pragmatism. I go in hope rather than expectation. Lose the next 2 and it will be interesting to see the crowd reaction. Alternatively we sign one or two players the others can galvanise around and it's shame changer.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 12:15:51 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 12:14:48 »

Cant see them changing the philosophy next season if we go down tbh
And that I think is why optimism seems to be at an all time low. Nobody wants years of this shit.

They need to prove it can work, or tweak it so it can.

do we have the budget for that though?

arrrgh, I need a nap
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #101 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 12:18:38 »

The Chelsea players are a spin of the dice. Fresh players mentally and physically. They are also extra bodies. I remain to be convinced but they are not what Sherwood said we needed and the clock is ticking. Wholesale change is needed. It is very good news that's lot of contracts are up because I don't fancy this lot to do well in division 4 next season. Warhorses needed not show ponies.
I am yet to be convinced that Sherwood even works for the club, he has never (since being unvieled) came out in the press with an interview, did a pre match interview or a post match interview, he seems unconnected to STFC in all but name and being present in the directors box with Power, which he used to do regularly anyway before he "worked" for us.

Is he employed by the club? genuine question because he is doing a damn good impersonation of Milan Misun if he is.

The comment about Sherwood identifying experienced signings didn't come from Sherwoods mouth but from Luke Williams and Lee Power in interviews.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 12:53:00 »

Just announced to keep the fans onside i should think
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 14:17:52 »

Bostwick ,what a game he had as Defensive Midfielder would fucking love a player like that at Town.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 14:28:42 »

Was that the #4 who looked like he'd misplaced the test of the scrum
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: