Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Peterborough United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23707 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 18:24:27 »

First half I thought we did ok. Second half, what on earth were we doing? It was almost as if Williams had sent them all to sleep. Posh snapped at us, we gave the ball away twice and we were 1-0 down. Game over.

This side lacks desire, character, fight, physicality, mental strength, tactical nous etc. As individuals I don't think they are so bad but as a team we stink the County ground out. The body language at 1-0 and with time running out was pathetic. No geeing up, no sprinting around to retrieve the ball, just 10 strangers without a care in the world checking their nice boots weren't too dirty.

I think that's it for me at home this season. I haven't seen a good team all season yet they have nearly all taken away the points. For me the manager has to be replaced, I think he's out of his depth.

I feel sorry for Vigs, he never makes an error, does his job to a very high standard and has to watch 10 clueless people for 90 minutes get booed off the pitch. Only Nathan came over to the DRS to applaud the fans today, Vigs did his usual wave but the others couldn't care less. Shambles.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 18:29:54 »

This is the worry Ronnie, and what takes you to Div 4.... a few decent individual cameos, but completely ineffective as a unit. It is way too easy for sides to defeat us without really doing much other than being slightly competent....
Totally agree Reg, be interesting to see how many season tickets get renewed for next season - whch ever league we are in!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 19:03:25 »

First half I thought we did ok. Second half, what on earth were we doing? It was almost as if Williams had sent them all to sleep.
If his half time team talks are anything like his post-match interviews, I suspect this may be near literally true.I'm not a fan of the "headless chicken running around bellowing for the sake of it" style of management and much prefer a manager who can set out his ideas clearly and calmly, but if he can't keep your interest for the space of a 5 minute radio interview, I worry that he may be struggling to get his ideas across to the players. Certainly they do not look like a team that know what they are doing as a team - as others have said, it all too often looks like a group of individuals running around and occasionally combining well, but with no real game plan as to how we will play the game.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 19:09:36 »

We need to get John Sitton in the manager role.

Wouldnt take any shit
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 19:49:44 »

So disappointing. An excellent 3 points last week was cancelled out by the same old rubbish we're getting used to seeing at home.

First half wasn't too bad, we battled for the ball and there were some really good passages of football. Not sure what Williams said or didn't say at half time, but we completely went to shit in the second half.

Midfield looked decidely better with Gladwin and Caulkett in it, but the defensive issues and lack of a goalscorer have still not been addressed. I fail to see what Feruz offers, it feels like a waste of a loan spot and I'd rather see Hylton start.

The results fom the next 2 games could see us firmly in a relegation dogfight. I fear if we get sucked in, we won't get out.

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 19:52:16 »

We need to get John Sitton in the manager role.

Wouldnt take any shit

Hence why he's unemployable in the modern game. Imagine him vs Power? The modern day pampered pro footballers?
He's a top bloke by the way as you will know Tans.
Buy his book folks and follow him on Twitter @TheRealSitts
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 19:59:01 by Arriba » Logged
FrigbyDaser

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 20:01:07 »

What a terrible second half. It's the pace of our play that I just don't understand. We get the ball and refuse to pass at pace, which gives the opposition time to get men back and get their shape. When they have possession it's even worse. We don't close down. This isn't about having a blood and thunder "leader". The strategy is shit. It's tactically flawed, painfully boring to watch and puts the crowd to sleep. We're losing supporters and will miss out on gaining any new young fans with this rubbish.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 20:04:40 »

So disappointing. An excellent 3 points last week was cancelled out by the same old rubbish we're getting used to seeing at home.

First half wasn't too bad, we battled for the ball and there were some really good passages of football. Not sure what Williams said or didn't say at half time, but we completely went to shit in the second half.

Midfield looked decidely better with Gladwin and Caulkett in it, but the defensive issues and lack of a goalscorer have still not been addressed. I fail to see what Feruz offers, it feels like a waste of a loan spot and I'd rather see Hylton start.

The results fom the next 2 games could see us firmly in a relegation dogfight. I fear if we get sucked in, we won't get out.

We're already in the dogfight and have been for some time. The next 2 games are v teams safely mid table to outside PO chances, so anything a bonus really....the key fixtures are the must wins v the 4 below us, and then trying to find further wins from say PV and Cobblers away and Pikeys at home. We'll pick up a couple draws here and there. Difficult toi make a case for it happening, but you never know.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 20:59:46 »

Was anybody surprised Thompson went straight back in the team after that win at Bolton?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 21:06:21 »

Was anybody surprised Thompson went straight back in the team after that win at Bolton?

Not really....Thomas was just filing in at RB as we didn't have one.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 21:56:01 »

Thomas said himself he first played at right back in training a couple of days before the Bolton match....this, coupled with NT being our captain and one of our best players, made it a no brainer for him to start.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 22:05:51 »

Thomas said himself he first played at right back in training a couple of days before the Bolton match....this, coupled with NT being our captain and one of our best players, made it a no brainer for him to start.

I agree, just food for thought
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #87 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 22:09:05 »

Not really but given the fact that he clearly wasn't fit then yes. At least we didn't change to a back 3 to accomodate him.
This must be the worst season for having shots on target.
FrigbyDaser

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 22:24:08 »

Not really....Thomas was just filing in at RB as we didn't have one.

But we have Dabo and a fit left back. Thompson was clearly unfit today. Slow to turn, slow over the first 5 yards and misplaced passes (including, I think, the one that gave them possession for their goal.) He is the heartbeat of this club but the fact we repeatedly play him before he is fit again is surprising.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 22:30:16 »

But we have Dabo and a fit left back. Thompson was clearly unfit today. Slow to turn, slow over the first 5 yards and misplaced passes (including, I think, the one that gave them possession for their goal.) He is the heartbeat of this club but the fact we repeatedly play him before he is fit again is surprising. fucking stupid.

Put us on the backfoot in the play off final from the word go. His man scored the goal and then he went off injured in the same incident.

Can't question his passion to play for the club but it's ridiculous to continually play him when he's likely to under perform.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: