Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Peterborough United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23615 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #105 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 14:35:51 »

Yep. No 4. Had a great game. Fat fucker but exactly what we need. Their no 11 although a cheating cunt was also a decent player. Their no 9 had a good first half although yet again a cheating cunt.
cired45

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 15:14:53 »

I think the general malaise around the club is down to the fact that in the past when we have been crap there was always the thought that "If it gets too bad there is always the option of sacking the manager/board, we know that in this case that will not be the case as LP would need to pay up LW 's contract, something he is not prepared to do, so it leaves us all with little hope it will improve.

I would not jump on the bandwagon and berate LP, because, like the majority of people on this form I am grateful to still have a club to support, having been through too many dodgy times in the past.  The question we have to ask is "how long must we remain grateful" whilst the club disappears up it own ass.  The best we can hope for in the short term is that there are some experienced old heads bought in to steady the ship and be leaders on the field.  Regardless of what people think of NT he is not a leader, when we go a goal down we need someone who will talk these young players through it, a talker, something that has been missing for several seasons.  As I stand in the mortuary that is the Town End recently you get the opportunity to hear what is, or rather what is not said on the pitch.  I forget the last time, when defending a corner anyone took charge and marshalled the defence.  The next three games are massive for this administration and I hope, with little conviction, that we get something out of them, otherwise it looks like a trip to Cheltenham could be on the cards for next season
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 15:25:05 »

I sat in the CH after trying to comprehend the previous 48 minutes.....I couldn't.

My little band of 5/6 that go week in week out have had enough.

If Gas and Pox serve us our arses on a plate then im questioning if I can be bothered. The football is spoiling our day out.

£18 odd quid to demoralise yourself....Sheesh...

Clems Army!
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 17:24:59 »

The Chelsea influx seems to be just to bolster numbers.
No fucking experience and no better than the cunts we already have.
Fuck you Power, Sherwood, Williams, Embleton and anyone else who is responsible for assembling that shower of shit currently at the County Ground.

When you're smiling.........
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 17:50:45 »

The Chelsea influx seems to be just to bolster numbers.
No fucking experience and no better than the cunts we already have.
Fuck you Power, Sherwood, Williams, Embleton and anyone else who is responsible for assembling that shower of shit currently at the County Ground.
Not being funny, but what were your thoughts on the Chelsea players this time last week?

Sent from my SM-G935F
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 17:55:36 »

Not being funny, but what were your thoughts on the Chelsea players this time last week?

Sent from my SM-G935F

I reserved judgement until I saw them play yesterday. Did Feruz play?
I stand by my previous comments.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 17:58:03 by overthehill » Logged

When you're smiling.........
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 18:33:51 »

Slightly harsh on the Chelsea lot... Feruz looks too lightweight, but Dabo to me is better than any full back currently at the club. Colkett also looks good, but you can't accommodate him, Gladwin and Goddard in that midfield unless we bring someone like Bostwick yesterday to do the dirty work for them.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 19:22:43 »

The most dissapointing thing about yesterday was its inevitability, that once they scored we would lose. We never looked like scoring in The 2nd half unlike the 1st when we were mainly decent. We are too lightweight, the posh players looked like giants in comparison and as many have said Borstwick is exactly the type of player we need as he has a you will not get past my body under any circumstances attitude. It's always been the case that we need a commanding defensive midfielder and a goalscorer and unfortunately we have neither. The 4 loan signings are welcome and 3 of them in particular are useful but without sorting the 2 main priorities i believe we will go down.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 20:09:50 »

Yesterday was the first time that I have actually come away from a game questioning why I bother to travel for 5 hours when there is absolutely zero entertainment to be gained from it.

I've not been on the Power out bandwagon, but if success for us means survival in division 3 I'm struggling to justify the time & cost to watch this shower of shite.

It's quite possible that we get battered by Rovers & the scum in the next two weeks, if that's the case I can't see us staying up
Captain Beefheart

Fast and bulbous, tight also.

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 20:14:57 »

I think the general malaise around the club is down to the fact that in the past when we have been crap there was always the thought that "If it gets too bad there is always the option of sacking the manager/board, we know that in this case that will not be the case as LP would need to pay up LW 's contract, something he is not prepared to do, so it leaves us all with little hope it will improve.

I would not jump on the bandwagon and berate LP, because, like the majority of people on this form I am grateful to still have a club to support, having been through too many dodgy times in the past.  The question we have to ask is "how long must we remain grateful" whilst the club disappears up it own ass.  The best we can hope for in the short term is that there are some experienced old heads bought in to steady the ship and be leaders on the field.  Regardless of what people think of NT he is not a leader, when we go a goal down we need someone who will talk these young players through it, a talker, something that has been missing for several seasons.  As I stand in the mortuary that is the Town End recently you get the opportunity to hear what is, or rather what is not said on the pitch.  I forget the last time, when defending a corner anyone took charge and marshalled the defence.  The next three games are massive for this administration and I hope, with little conviction, that we get something out of them, otherwise it looks like a trip to Cheltenham could be on the cards for next season

Think this is a good post and quite right too. There has always been, if nothing else, the prospect of change at Swindon. Even after that dreadful Danny Wilson/Paul Hart season under Fitton, I think there was a general feeling that we were in good hands and that the board would try their uppermost to correct things. Luke Williams appears to be unsackable (even if he isn't picking the team, his coaching is obviously central to our one-pace, ineffective style) whilst Sherwood's appointment is most obviously faux pro-activeness. Who knows, perhaps continuity and patience will serve us well? What I do know is that the impatient Swindonian is becoming the ambivalent Swindonian. Atmosphere and attendances are always going to suffer as a result -- and like things on the pitch, that is unlikely to change any time soon.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, January 22, 2017, 20:39:49 »

We've scored 1 goal from open play at the CG since mid November v Charlton.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 08:45:31 »

Williams may be able to polish a turd on an individual basis but he obviously is unable to coach a team to a decent standard - and I am totally pissed off with hearing him say "I don't understand what went wrong, we had a good week's training and the lads seemed up for it!"  The only person who can sort this now is Power and he won't!
REDBUCK

« Reply #117 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 08:48:01 »

Just catching up the trials and tribulations down at Ashton Gate, seems the cult is spreading.  Lots of calls for the managers head and complaints about slow sideways and backwards passing and very little goal threat.

it seems Mr Johnson Jnr is a disciple. Johnson to replace Williams anyone.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #118 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 09:30:45 »

Thomas said himself he first played at right back in training a couple of days before the Bolton match....this, coupled with NT being our captain and one of our best players, made it a no brainer for him to start.

We play worse with Thompson in the team. I reckon that could actually be close to a fact.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #119 on: Monday, January 23, 2017, 09:33:19 »

We play worse with Thompson in the team. I reckon that could actually be close to a fact.
I think NT's form has gone down since his brother left the club, could be a coincidence...

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: