Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Curious Case Of Nathan Thompson  (Read 7114 times)
Don Rogers Sock

« on: Thursday, January 19, 2017, 12:41:11 »

So what do we all think then. I know it gets bought up on here so thought i would start a thread.

seen the following statements today so based on this if Thompson is fit we agree he shouldn't play centre half do we ?

"The two central defenders have been in fantastic form and they are as important as anyone else on the pitch."

"Nathan Thompson is getting close and he's getting back to fitness. He's got a good chance for Saturday."

But, we have a right back here on loan now but by all accounts can play LB so that is fine,problem is Thomas played RB last week and we won.

So the question is do we start Thompson saturday if fit or not ?

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 19, 2017, 12:44:06 »

If he's fit I'd keep the new loanee at left back, Jones and Branco in the centre and start Nath at RB
Panda Paws

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 19, 2017, 12:46:07 »

If he's fit I'd keep the new loanee at left back, Jones and Branco in the centre and start Nath at RB

This. If he's fit.

I'd never though I'd suggest Branco should play, but was excellent last week by all accounts.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 19, 2017, 12:49:18 »

I'd play Dabo at right back, Brophy at left back and NT on the right side of the midfield diamond.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 19, 2017, 12:52:20 »

This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 19, 2017, 12:53:22 »

I suspect if he's fit enough they will switch back to 3 at the back to accommodate him
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 19, 2017, 12:53:33 »

Personally, neither Brophy or BOO should be near the team so I would want another natural LB and put Dabo at RB.

Thompson I would let go at the end of the season, as I honestly reckon he only has 2/3 seasons left max before he will need to retire with injury and has been a square peg in a round hole for the past 3 seasons.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 19, 2017, 12:53:48 »

That's my thoughts,would you do it on saturday though.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 19, 2017, 12:55:33 »

That's my thoughts,would you do it on saturday though.
I wouldn't break a winning team as it breeds confidence of players keep their place, but not sure on Williams / Sherwood / Power / Tea boy / whoever picks team this week
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 19, 2017, 12:57:00 »

If he is close to fitness why wasn't he given a bit of a runout in the development game this week?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 19, 2017, 12:58:16 »

The team that won at Bolton have earned the right to start Saturday.

In the longer term, what  jayohaitchenn  said - RB.

sgt rock

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 19, 2017, 13:09:11 »

Back row as they were on Saturday and play NT in centre mid as the defensive/holding base of a midfield diamond.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 19, 2017, 13:10:31 »

Think it will be back to a three at the back if he is fit.
Nathan would be wasted at RB imo.

A 4-1-4-1 might be interesting with NT as defensive midfielder, keep the diamond but move it up the pitch a bit, but lose a striker. Easy to switch to a 4-2-3-1 if required.

With the new arrivals, the midfield is the strength again so setup with this in mind.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
sgt rock

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 19, 2017, 13:16:07 »

I was thinking instead of Kasim.
Panda Paws

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 19, 2017, 13:38:18 »

Wait - people are genuinely suggesting playing NT instead of Kasim. As the pivot in midfield. Crumbs.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: