Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Development Game Today  (Read 27817 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 22:19:14 »

I see Hylton retweeted someone saying if he doesn't start the next game then there is something wrong.

Well, Jermaine, you had your couple of starts at Millwall and Franchise and were comfortably the worst player on the pitch. Factor in his approx 40 consecutive matches without a goal for the club and I am frankly astounded he remains League 1 footballer.

Fuck me, I despair at some of our side, I really do. I can see a Douglas/Prutton Suju style punch up before the season is out.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 22:26:42 »

To be fair in his recent substitute appearances he has looked good. Strong, pacy and playing with some desire.

I don't think he can do much more than score 4 in the reserves in front of tactics Tim and put himself in the 'first team shop window'.

I'm probably wrong, but I reckon he'll be a handy lower league player given a bit of a run.

Also I'm sure I saw him score against Peterborough a year or so back so what are you going on about him not scoring Chang?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 22:28:30 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 22:31:29 »

I'm happy that he's trying but Hylton looking like one of our strongest players is a damning indictment of our current situation.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 22:36:07 »

Didn't realise Hylton hasn't scored since April 2015.

If he is the answer then the question doesn't bear thinking about.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 22:40:46 »

When I've seen him play he's at least put the effort in. Which is more than some. Has looked to lack quality at times mind. Again not unique.

I wouldn't play him and Ajose together myself. Two too small.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 22:41:28 »

Didn't realise Hylton hasn't scored since April 2015.

If he is the answer then the question doesn't bear thinking about.

That depends. 

If the question was "which current first team striking hotshot scuffed his one and only goal for the mighty Robins in April 2015?" then I think you'd change that view in a heartbeat.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 22:44:17 »

To be fair in his recent substitute appearances he has looked good. Strong, pacy and playing with some desire.

I don't think he can do much more than score 4 in the reserves in front of tactics Tim and put himself in the 'first team shop window'.

I'm probably wrong, but I reckon he'll be a handy lower league player given a bit of a run.

Also I'm sure I saw him score against Peterborough a year or so back so what are you going on about him not scoring Chang?
He hasn't scored for the club in approx 40 matches since the goal on his debut (not a year or so ago, very nearly two years exactly).

As is usual with footballers, they suddenly become much better when they aren't playing. Classic STFC example in recent times - Miles Storey....some of our fans are beginning to spout similar bollocks re Hylton.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 23:48:15 »

What team will get us a result against Bury? Fuck  knows but based on apparent willingness to make an effort I would go with this starting xi. Vigs, thompson, Branco, jones, dabo, ince, Smith, gladwin or colkett, hylton, norris, ajose in a 433.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 00:21:26 »

I was going to mention Tom Smith. I've liked what I've seen of him so far and despite being a youngster he doesn't look afraid to get stuck in. I can't see how he could have been worse than Kasim on Sunday

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 05:30:36 »

If someone bangs in goals for the reverses then they are worth a first team place next game!

What's the worst that could happen?
They play shit and don't score? That doesn't exactly make us any worse off does it?
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 07:44:54 »

Rohan Ince arrives to pick the kids up from school:

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 09:32:20 »

He hasn't scored for the club in approx 40 matches since the goal on his debut (not a year or so ago, very nearly two years exactly)......
How many games has he started in that time and how much game time has he had? It's difficult to make an impact when you come on for the last 10 minutes of a game......
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 09:37:39 »

How many games has he started in that time and how much game time has he had? It's difficult to make an impact when you come on for the last 10 minutes of a game......

Didn't he have a period of injury as well?
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 09:42:26 »

He hasn't scored for the club in approx 40 matches since the goal on his debut (not a year or so ago, very nearly two years exactly).

As is usual with footballers, they suddenly become much better when they aren't playing. Classic STFC example in recent times - Miles Storey....some of our fans are beginning to spout similar bollocks re Hylton.
Agree with that but i have to admit he has looked much better recently.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 09:59:25 »

Agree with that but i have to admit he has looked much better recently.

That's because he looks like he is trying....not an accusation that could be levelled at many of our players.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: