Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Development Game Today  (Read 27791 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 10:07:16 »

I was going to mention Tom Smith. I've liked what I've seen of him so far

Ginger lover  Girl Giggle
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 10:16:52 »

If someone bangs in goals for the reverses then they are worth a first team place next game!

What's the worst that could happen?
They play shit and don't score? That doesn't exactly make us any worse off does it?
Exactly, what the hell have we got to lose? nothing. We are shit so if he plays and is shit then thats no change.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 10:30:48 »

What team will get us a result against Bury? Fuck  knows but based on apparent willingness to make an effort I would go with this starting xi. Vigs, thompson, Branco, jones, dabo, ince, Smith, gladwin or colkett, hylton, norris, ajose in a 433.

I've given this a bit of thought, as it's the biggest game we've had probably since Preston. Lose and it really is as good as all over, we drop below the line.

Bury score goals for fun at Gigg Lane but ship plenty also.....the only comparable home conceders being Franchise and we did manage 2 there....unfortunately we still shipped 3 to the then Divs most shot shy home outfit.  We also know that Bury will try to kick us off the park, as they did successfully at the CG, ending the season of JSW.  The conclusion has to be we need to field as robust an XI as we have......attack them from the off, to try and get an early lead of a couple of goals, and then ramp up the gamemanship in an effort to get someone sent off.....I believe we are the 2 worst disciplined sides in Div 3. 

They'll be doing the same mind, so no doubt Luke will think pick our most flickfanny XI and try and give them a footballing lesson in a 0-4 defeat.

Here's my pick...

Vigs
                                  Thompson, Branco, Jones, Dabo
                                    Kasim, T Smith, Ince, Gladwin
                                              Norris, Ajose.

Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 10:55:50 »

flickfanny XI

Sounds like a top nightclub.

On second thoughts maybe Flickfanny XVIII is more suitable.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 10:57:48 by Super Hans » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 10:56:50 »

Here's my pick...

Vigs
                                              Norris, Ajose.

I agree the only one I personally would change would be Hylton for Norris and that purely because he must be full of confidence after yesterday and I would relegate Norris to the bench.

I can't see it happening though and I also think LW will play Rodgers ahead of Smith in the middle unfortunately.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 11:15:18 »

I agree the only one I personally would change would be Hylton for Norris and that purely because he must be full of confidence after yesterday and I would relegate Norris to the bench.

I can't see it happening though and I also think LW will play Rodgers ahead of Smith in the middle unfortunately.

Chuck only gets in because he has some physical presence, is usually available for selection and can hold up the ball on occasions.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 11:23:15 »

Chuck only gets in because he has some physical presence, is usually available for selection and can hold up the ball on occasions.

Thought he did well first half on Sunday but, like all the others, went MIA in the second half.  Maybe the answer is to start with him on Saturday and then bring on Ironman Obika for the second half (if they can unwrap him from all the cotton wool in time).  Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 11:26:44 »

Thought he did well first half on Sunday but, like all the others, went MIA in the second half.  Maybe the answer is to start with him on Saturday and then bring on Ironman Obika for the second half (if they can unwrap him from all the cotton wool in time).  Smiley

NSSJO would be the preferred option, but it looks increasingly like we've seen the last of him. Yesterday's game would have been ideal to give him an hour, if near fit.
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 11:32:11 »

I have to say I think Jermaine must be worth a start, just to echo what's been already said it's hard to have much of an impact with 10 minutes at the end of a game when the team are already beaten and heads are down.

Has looked much more dangerous recently, also what's the worst that could happen? He doesn't score?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 11:44:02 »

I have to say I think Jermaine must be worth a start, just to echo what's been already said it's hard to have much of an impact with 10 minutes at the end of a game when the team are already beaten and heads are down.

Has looked much more dangerous recently, also what's the worst that could happen? He doesn't score?

It's pretty much a given that our strikers won't score on the road....3 so far this season.  So a physical presence defending on corners and trying to press from the front is realistically more important.  Luke should be more innovative, rather than give Hylton 15 minutes at the end, why not give him say 20/25 mins at the beginning....get him to run around, if we don't score then take him off.
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 12:20:36 »

I think taking him off after 20/25mins would kill any confidence he may have.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 12:28:22 »

I've given this a bit of thought, as it's the biggest game we've had probably since Preston. Lose and it really is as good as all over, we drop below the line.

Bury score goals for fun at Gigg Lane but ship plenty also.....the only comparable home conceders being Franchise and we did manage 2 there....unfortunately we still shipped 3 to the then Divs most shot shy home outfit.  We also know that Bury will try to kick us off the park, as they did successfully at the CG, ending the season of JSW.  The conclusion has to be we need to field as robust an XI as we have......attack them from the off, to try and get an early lead of a couple of goals, and then ramp up the gamemanship in an effort to get someone sent off.....I believe we are the 2 worst disciplined sides in Div 3. 

They'll be doing the same mind, so no doubt Luke will think pick our most flickfanny XI and try and give them a footballing lesson in a 0-4 defeat.

Here's my pick...

Vigs
                                              Norris, Ajose.

I would not want Kasim in the side he has been a passenger most times when he plays he's a liability, and Gladwin I would question as well judging by his performance against Pox
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 12:29:39 »

I think taking him off after 20/25mins would kill any confidence he may have.

There's no i in team.  If the thinking and so importance to the team is clearly explained, then it should be quite the reverse. The key meaning of the role should be outlined.  Part of Luke's problems is that players don't particularly look like they know what they're doing beyond an effort at a glorified El Rondo drill.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 12:32:18 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 12:30:31 »

I'd be inclined to give Conroy ago as I believe he'll be a regular next year, so get him in. Branco is still highly suspect and I really hope he's gone in the summer. I also like Smith and would like to hope he's here next year.
Would also revert to 4-5-1 and flood the midfield. Would drop Gladwin, still looks like a Passenger, and in his case one who hasn't paid his fare.

Vigs
Dabo Conroy Jones Thompson
Brophy Ince Colkett Smith Kasim
Ajose
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 12:54:52 »

Here's my pick...

Vigs
                                              Norris, Ajose.

After Sunday i wouldn't be playing Kasim and Gladwin in their natural positions let alone out wide 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: