Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Development Game Today  (Read 27467 times)
Captain Beefheart

Fast and bulbous, tight also.

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 13:31:30 »

I'd like to see try and be nice and compact and set-up with a diamond. Hopefully with Thompson in his proper position too. We need to try and be solid as possible after the way our midfield was pissed on last Sunday.

Vigs
Thompson Conroy Jones Dabo
                  Ince
         T. Smith    Kasim
                Gladwin
         Norris        Ajose
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 13:48:16 »

I'd be inclined to give Conroy ago as I believe he'll be a regular next year, so get him in. Branco is still highly suspect and I really hope he's gone in the summer. I also like Smith and would like to hope he's here next year.
Would also revert to 4-5-1 and flood the midfield. Would drop Gladwin, still looks like a Passenger, and in his case one who hasn't paid his fare.

Vigs
Dabo Conroy Jones Thompson
Brophy Ince Colkett Smith Kasim
Ajose

The problem with flooding the midfield is, that gives us more players to run around and be ineffective. Our midfield has been weak recently and hence the defence gets hammered.

With two agile and pacey forwards (Ajose and Hylton) I would be kicking the arse of the GK coach and insisting he teaches rapid distribution. we fanny around too much when Vigs gets the ball.

Ajose/ Hylton remain in high up the pitch. Vigs takes the ball from a corner/ cross whatever, BOOM, Schmeical like throw to Ajose/ Hylton who attack like the terrier they are. We at least put the oppo under pressure and who knows, last ditch last man tackles and they're down to 10 men.

We also need to be more creative from throw ins. Every time we let it go out at the moment, it is almost a given that it'll end up with the opposition in seconds.
Captain Beefheart

Fast and bulbous, tight also.

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 13:56:46 »

You're definitely right about Vigs distribution. I lost count of the number of times we passed up and opportunity to get the ball forward and put Oxford under pressure quickly on Sunday. We take 5-6 seconds every time the ball goes back to the keeper, only for Vigs to end up punting it away aimlessly after we put ourselves under pressure. I had hoped that with Ajose back the in the side we would be a little more direct.

My only worry is that in starting Ajose and Hylton together we'd lose any sort of physicality up-top and our already weak midfield will be shown to be even weaker. We'll have no outlet.

Although, having said that, Norris is probably better suited to a role in Outlet Village than he is up front.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 14:05:08 »

I don't rate Norris but he had a decent first 45 Sunday. The problem he has is that is neither nor. He's not a goalscorer and he's not a leader of the line bringing others into play nor is he an out and out battering ram. If I was a defender I'd love to mark Norris. I could easily accept playing out wide and keep him away from danger even if he could be dangerous.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 15:09:40 »

After Sunday i wouldn't be playing Kasim and Gladwin in their natural positions let alone out wide 

The lay out is nominal....BG should have free role behind the front 2, Yaser should trying to be creative between 2 holding players.  We know these 2 can play....it's up to the coach to get them playing....oh.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 15:11:12 »

The lay out is nominal....BG should have free role behind the front 2, Yaser should trying to be creative between 2 holding players.  We know these 2 can play....it's up to the coach to get them playing....oh.
Ha there we have it.
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 17:04:28 »

Not surprised that Goddard isn't getting into anyone's side.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 17:08:57 »

Sent from my SM-G930F

Has some ability but not what is needed for a relegation battle, though that applies to just about all our players.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 17:19:28 »

Gladwin's got his role.

He'll get it back next season in L2.
Costanza

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 17:23:55 »

Has some ability but not what is needed for a relegation battle, though that applies to just about all our players.

Well. Quite. People are happy to throw an 18/19 year old in to this dogfight. It didn't do Lukas Jutkiewicz any harm I suppose - relegated but no detrimental impact on his career.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 17:35:29 »

Well. Quite. People are happy to throw an 18/19 year old in to this dogfight. It didn't do Lukas Jutkiewicz any harm I suppose - relegated but no detrimental impact on his career.

Kingy got fed up with our youth team always having lightweight players, so told I think first Byrne and then Iffy to recruit big kids....we got Tozer, Lukas and Sean Morrison.  Ben Martin less so.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 17:37:36 »

Byrne came with Sturrock didn't he?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 17:53:17 »

Sent from my SM-G930F

I think Goddard has talent but really needs to toughen up, he's an absolutely shitebag on the pitch and loses the ball so pathetically. He is physically not up to league football yet IMO.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 17:56:05 »

Byrne came with Sturrock didn't he?

May well have done thinking about it....however the point is in many ways it's easier to throw in a big un at a young age.  Paul Rideout for example was a big strong lad at 16 and able to cope. 
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2017, 18:20:59 »

May well have done thinking about it....however the point is in many ways it's easier to throw in a big un at a young age.  Paul Rideout for example was a big strong lad at 16 and able to cope. 
I'd happily have a clone of his brother in law in this team. What the fuck would he think of this current bunch of cowardly shitbags
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: