Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Millwall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 19339 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 12:17:10 »

I remember JSW being OK, but he's got a lot to do physically to get back.

Would love an experienced combative type, but we won't get one so....
Panda Paws

« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 12:17:21 »

Way too inexperienced, but agreed its not difficult for Conroy to look ok, look at the crap he is playing with

I'd take those two in L2 next year. Anyone but Branco.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 12:23:51 »

I quite liked JSW from memory. We seemed to be a bit more assured at the back with him in the side. Not saying he's the saviour but can't remember him having a particularly bad game before Pope crocked him
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 12:26:44 »

Way too inexperienced, but agreed its not difficult for Conroy to look ok, look at the crap he is playing with
Can't agree with you there PTP, Thought he looked a good, player and not frightened to get stuck in.  Having had non-league experience should also help,  Remember league two is only one step up from that. Probably knows how to handle the physical game much better than some of our overpaid, overated squad.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 12:48:56 »

JSW got ripped a new one by Cov first gqme, so much so that he had to change sides with Thomas. I donl't think any of us have seen enough of him to make a proper judgement. He looked ok with the ball, positionally dodgy and physically weak but seemd decent at nicking the ball rather than full blooded challenges so maybe not positionally inept at all times. I'd be inclined to give him another go but we're really going to need an ugly brute who gets his head on the ball and foot on the player.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 12:53:36 »

Not sure you can pin that on JSW as we were left with gaping holes in our defence and they were threading balls through to an extremely quick striker.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 16:00:29 »

I remember JSW being OK, but he's got a lot to do physically to get back.

Would love an experienced combative type, but we won't get one so....

I'd like to think they'll give JSW a chance to prove himself.... he's out of contract, so even a monthly rolling job would be fair enough.

I wasn't convinced by him... the sort of OK with the ball but not much of a defender, a poor man's John Stones.  But worth a go as defenders can improve with experience.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: