Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Trust website  (Read 5577 times)
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 13:14:43 »

Hi all,
Wanted to make anyone interested aware of a new Trust website that's launched today - www.truststfc.tv.
Lots of people have previously complained they don't really know what the Trust are doing at any given time: This site intends to lay out all of the projects in one place and offers fans the chance to discuss the work being done behind the scenes, and influence the direction the Trust goes in through regular polls/votes etc.
It's also a place for Supporters Club/Trust/Supporters Direct news day-by-day and somewhere for fans to vent if they fancy writing something for the site or submitting a video.
Anyway, some of you won't give a shit, many of you might. If you do, take a peek.
Sam
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 13:21:50 »

Hi all,
Wanted to make anyone interested aware of a new Trust website that's launched today - www.truststfc.tv.
Lots of people have previously complained they don't really know what the Trust are doing at any given time: This site intends to lay out all of the projects in one place and offers fans the chance to discuss the work being done behind the scenes, and influence the direction the Trust goes in through regular polls/votes etc.
It's also a place for Supporters Club/Trust/Supporters Direct news day-by-day and somewhere for fans to vent if they fancy writing something for the site or submitting a video.
Anyway, some of you won't give a shit, many of you might. If you do, take a peek.
Sam
That looks really good to be fair!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 13:25:28 »

Had a quick look around, looks good but will anything happen with the current board of directors of STFC?  A negative view maybe but the present incumbents don't have a good track record of liaising with the fans.  Anyway, good luck to the Trust and let's hope something happens!!!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 13:25:40 »

Unfortunate that the first 'latest news' story from supporters direct popping up at the top is about that Yellow lot up the road  Hmmm, but generally the site looks good!
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 13:34:14 »

Had a quick look around, looks good but will anything happen with the current board of directors of STFC?  A negative view maybe but the present incumbents don't have a good track record of liaising with the fans.  Anyway, good luck to the Trust and let's hope something happens!!!

Officially there are 2 directors (Shah and Power) but there was news of 2 others joining (one a property guy and can't remember the other) but apart from one phone-in, not heard anything about them since and not on the official directors list but they were supposedly added after the last accounts were filed

Info - https://companycheck.co.uk/company/00053100/SWINDON-TOWN-FOOTBALL-COMPANY-LIMITED/companies-house-data#directors-and-secretaries

I am trying to find the adver article on the 2 guys but I am struggling as any search for Swindon directors comes up with Sherwood  Roll Eyes

To answer the question, Power would need to invite them to the board, it would be a good thing for him to do that especially with some of the expertise and to liaise better with the fans.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 13:38:40 »

There are three of them, and they are all non-executive directors and therefore not board members. They are Veljko Jovanovic, Roger Terrell and Zavier Austin.
Terrell is a lawyer, Austin is a builder/developer, Jovanovic... not all too sure.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 13:44:13 »

There are three of them, and they are all non-executive directors and therefore not board members. They are Veljko Jovanovic, Roger Terrell and Zavier Austin.
Terrell is a lawyer, Austin is a builder/developer, Jovanovic... not all too sure.

that's the guys, cheers Sam
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 13:48:01 »

Firstly that looks very good will be visiting it often. Secondly and i think i asked this before, Sam we know what you are about and enjoy your work because you say things a lot of us are asking. My question is though is are you going to be as open for the trust so for example we know where you stand on no Power hour call ins recently, will you be as vocal on this site as you are on twitter and if so how do you see this effecting the trust building a relationship with the club.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 13:57:14 »

Firstly that looks very good will be visiting it often. Secondly and i think i asked this before, Sam we know what you are about and enjoy your work because you say things a lot of us are asking. My question is though is are you going to be as open for the trust so for example we know where you stand on no Power hour call ins recently, will you be as vocal on this site as you are on twitter and if so how do you see this effecting the trust building a relationship with the club.
I'll have my views on there but it's also a platform for others to write/film their own - that should provide either a balance or an accurate sample of fans' feelings at present. If I'm in a minority, that's fair enough. But those who back the club for differing reasons need to write in and have their say, otherwise it might appear lop-sided. I'd hope Lee is not so sensitive as to be upset by one fan's opinion.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 14:15:37 »

Site looks great but why another new domain? There's now the (defunct/archived) truststfc.co.uk, the old current site truststfc.com and now this new one truststfc.tv? If the intention is that this new one is supposed to be "The" trust website shouldn't it be at .com? Or at least have .com redirect to it? There's a danger of fans becoming confused as to which is the "real" Trust
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 14:22:29 »

Understood. In time, the idea is to make this one the focal point - with the links to the 'Learn About STFC' (site for children) and 'Red Army Fund'. It's also designed, in time, to feature plenty of video content (think fan TV-style stuff, though with fewer resources than the top Premier League clubs).
Agreed, it's not ideal to have a .com and a .tv - and if after a couple of months it is proving too confusing - we'll have a chat about what's best going forward.
But that's what it's all about, really. Open dialogue. Discussing ideas, and trying to cultivate fun and community around the club.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 14:23:39 »

Site looks great but why another new domain? There's now the (defunct/archived) truststfc.co.uk, the old current site truststfc.com and now this new one truststfc.tv? If the intention is that this new one is supposed to be "The" trust website shouldn't it be at .com? Or at least have .com redirect to it? There's a danger of fans becoming confused as to which is the "real" Trust

Was thinking the same, why use a .tv, they are expensive and very rarely used, better to use the .co.uk or .com ........ unless you have a large brand and can get people to remember you are a tv e.g. twitch
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 14:27:35 »

Officially there are 2 directors (Shah and Power) but there was news of 2 others joining (one a property guy and can't remember the other) but apart from one phone-in, not heard anything about them since and not on the official directors list but they were supposedly added after the last accounts were filed

Info - https://companycheck.co.uk/company/00053100/SWINDON-TOWN-FOOTBALL-COMPANY-LIMITED/companies-house-data#directors-and-secretaries

I am trying to find the adver article on the 2 guys but I am struggling as any search for Swindon directors comes up with Sherwood  Roll Eyes

To answer the question, Power would need to invite them to the board, it would be a good thing for him to do that especially with some of the expertise and to liaise better with the fans.

To be fair the non-execs are listed here so the club have not been keeping it a secret http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/club/whoswho/ although still no mention of Sherwood?

In terms of the Trust I suspect Power would take greater interest if they had a large percentage of the supporters as members, no sure how many it is now but very eay for Power to pick and choose which supporters groups he engages with.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 14:36:40 »

To be fair the non-execs are listed here so the club have not been keeping it a secret http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/club/whoswho/ although still no mention of Sherwood?

In terms of the Trust I suspect Power would take greater interest if they had a large percentage of the supporters as members, no sure how many it is now but very eay for Power to pick and choose which supporters groups he engages with.

Only place I didn't look was the clubs own website, what a doofus I am  Embarrassed

In the last phone in, he did say he would meet fans for a face to face chat if one was organised but nothing came of it and with results lately, I wouldn't expect him to want to go with a few idiots turning up to just protest.

Said it all along, he needs to be much more open with the fans and get them involved more, it's slowly been getting worse when it started to look better when him and Cooper started doing the phone ins, hopefully they can get them going again but I know it's not easy to organise when you aren't in the country for long periods and have other commitments.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 14:39:50 »

Only place I didn't look was the clubs own website, what a doofus I am  Embarrassed

In the last phone in, he did say he would meet fans for a face to face chat if one was organised but nothing came of it and with results lately, I wouldn't expect him to want to go with a few idiots turning up to just protest.

To be honest I only found that page a few weeks back when I wondered what Sherwood was supposed to be doing and expected him to be mentioned on there!  Smiley

As for meeting fans was anything ever organised, sounds like something the Trust/Supporters Club could arrange with Power to build relationships or whatever?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: