Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: making a CD with just one track from a multi track CD  (Read 3061 times)
Pete

Ignore
« on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 19:25:51 »

Hi, I need to make a CD containing just one track from a normal multi track CD. Is this easy to do, I havent tried it before. I dont want a mp3 copy etc, just something that will play in a normal old fashioned CD player. Any advice appreciated.
Barry Scott

« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 23:26:14 »

It's probably easier to copy it from a CD to MP3 or just download the MP3 from somewhere and then use a CD burner to burn it to disk.

Do you have CD burning software and know how to do that?

Here's how to get the track/s off a CD using Windows media player.

https://www.lifewire.com/burn-an-mp3-cd-in-windows-media-player-12-2438330

And from the same site this seems like a simple guide to burning the MP3/s to disk.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-burn-audio-cd-with-windows-media-player-11-2438904

Pete

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 00:12:13 »

Thanks Barry, I have no problem ripping a CD to mp3s. What I want to do is author a new CD with the original track I want onto a new cd. They appear in windows as .cda files. I just want to grab one because they may be used in a player that doesn't recognise mp3s, etc. I'm familiar with various software that can make ISOs etc. I just need to chop the track out and make a new CD.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 06:54:56 »

Rip the entire CD to mp3s, and then use CDBurnerXP to burn the song you want back to an audio disk.
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 15, 2017, 14:47:17 »

Thanks Jayo, I'll try that Smiley
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 15, 2017, 18:10:49 »

It all worked OK. I had another read of Barry's links and it turned out to be easy. Cant believe in 20+ years of using CDs its the first time I've had to do that. Thanks guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: