Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Shrewsbury Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 44965 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, January 9, 2017, 09:43:30 »

I presumed, wrongly, that the Rovers fan who posted that would know what he's talking about.

The general premise is valid though
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, January 9, 2017, 09:55:18 »

Another ex-Town player, Cristian Montano, didn't play for them in Non-League either (and he also started).

It's not rare to see promoted Non-League climb quickly. Rovers did better than Oxford did in that respect (who I expected to see in L1 much quicker than they did).

Momentum seems to be so key in football. Look at the 3 promoted teams, they are all comfortably above the relegation zone and you could argue that all 3 are within a shout of getting into the play-off fun and games.

We appear to have stagnated and (adopt Reg stance) will be lucky to stay up this season. The current season we are having could become the norm unfortunately. We will have a sustainable team which finished 12-17th in League 1 season upon season.

I was going to mention an exciting cup run but we seem unable to get past round 1 these days!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, January 9, 2017, 09:59:52 »

I think you're being optimistic if you think the way the club is going is good enough to avoid years of slump.

Falling crowds will see a more reduced budget which will see, if possible, even less quality on the pitch.

There is no telling where we could end up. Momentum works both ways - if you know what I mean.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Monday, January 9, 2017, 10:45:13 »

I think you're being optimistic if you think the way the club is going is good enough to avoid years of slump.

Falling crowds will see a more reduced budget which will see, if possible, even less quality on the pitch.

There is no telling where we could end up. Momentum works both ways - if you know what I mean.

I do know what you mean and I agree with you. The football and results are so mundane at the moment that numbers are dwindling badly.

That said, a good transfer window and a couple of morale boosting results against Rovers and Oxford and we build a bit of momentum towards the end of the season and into next.

Alternatively, we bring in a couple of loanees, get hammered at Rovers, lose feebly at home to Oxford and things start getting very ugly.

It won't be boring anyway!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, January 9, 2017, 10:52:19 »

I think a tweak of 'the transfer formula' would be good too, and to be fair that is what they said would happen with some experience coming in.

it may make a few fans think next season could be better, even if this ends in disaster.

maybe I'm being too optimistic on that, never happened before mind..
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Monday, January 9, 2017, 13:10:58 »

I was thinking the other day when was the last time we saw Timmy appear on the bench (as he said he would be in his press conf if it was not going right) I'd suggest it was around the time of the BBC article questioning his position

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37995970

And the last time Power done his 'Power Hour' was when he was given a bit of sh1t by a caller, he's not been on since

I just find it so odd even Sherwood is hiding from the press, he must know of the fan unrest and be told the press are asking to interview him.

I so thought that when he was appointed with adver being given access again that their communication may be about to change if anything it seems to have got worse as Power

If he is not willing to take any responsibility for what goes on during games.

We dont even properly get told about injured players anymore either, what the injury is how long he is likely to be out, you just get a vague answer from Williams when he is asked by a reporter
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, January 9, 2017, 13:17:20 »

I was thinking the other day when was the last time we saw Timmy appear on the bench (as he said he would be in his press conf if it was not going right) I'd suggest it was around the time of the BBC article questioning his position

I was wondering if
  1) he was waiting for the right time (after we've made some exciting signings)
  2) he's been leant on legally to stop and pretend not to be manager (Villa contract?)

I really do need to get a life.

(moved)

How many draws is that?

In wins, it's 1 for us.

In case serious, 3 draws

Them (north) : wlwlll
Us :ldlldd

Last 6 games/points:
=================
Coventry, Bury 2
Us, (C)oldham 3
Chesterfield 4
PV, AFC Wombles 5
Northampton 6
Pikeys, Shrew 7
Upcomings :
Bolton 13 (1 loss)
Posh 9 (1 loss)
Brizzle Rovers 12 (2 loss,  4 wins)
Piss stains 9 (1 loss )

« Last Edit: Monday, January 9, 2017, 13:20:17 by Batch » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, January 9, 2017, 13:46:19 »

I so thought that when he was appointed with adver being given access again that their communication may be about to change if anything it seems to have got worse as Power

Were they given access or just invited to a presser, have there been any pressers subsequently that they have not been invited to?

No idea what Sherwood has actually been doing, never actually seen any photographic evidence of him on the bench I think we are actually just paying a look alike to sit in the Directors box - is he even attending every game (the away ones as well!)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, January 9, 2017, 13:55:21 »

I was wondering if
  1) he was waiting for the right time (after we've made some exciting signings)
  2) he's been leant on legally to stop and pretend not to be manager (Villa contract?)

I really do need to get a life.

(moved)

In wins, it's 1 for us.

In case serious, 3 draws

Them (north) : wlwlll
Us :ldlldd

Last 6 games/points:
=================
Coventry, Bury 2
Us, (C)oldham 3
Chesterfield 4
PV, AFC Wombles 5
Northampton 6
Pikeys, Shrew 7
Upcomings :
Bolton 13 (1 loss)
Posh 9 (1 loss)
Brizzle Rovers 12 (2 loss,  4 wins)
Piss stains 9 (1 loss )

Point 2 is very likely imo!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, January 9, 2017, 14:42:10 »

Looks like the weather could save us from another northern hammering next Saturday.
Do Bolton have under soil heating?

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Monday, January 9, 2017, 14:48:06 »

Probably. It is a requirement for PL clubs I think.

Has anything happened with the mythical training ground?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, January 9, 2017, 14:53:37 »

Looks like the weather could save us from another northern hammering next Saturday.

I'd guess yes, because a Prem requirement.....whether they can afford to turn it on is a different question.  Saturday as we know will be a damage limitation exercise, currently the goal difference amongst the strugglers is reasonably even + or - 4 between the bottom 6, so avoiding a Stuart Mac style tonking is what the coaching staff should be working on.

This is where the Swindon Way falls down....no point in playing flick fanny football when in a relegation battle. Park the bus, and hope to come away at worst two down.
Panda Paws

« Reply #207 on: Monday, January 9, 2017, 14:57:48 »

Has anything happened with the mythical training ground?

It's not mythical is it? I believe we started training up there before Xmas.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, January 9, 2017, 15:25:04 »

Yeah it does have grass heating.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, January 9, 2017, 15:33:31 »

It's not mythical is it? I believe we started training up there before Xmas.
Hadn't heard that, that's good then.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: