Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Shrewsbury Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 44518 times)
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, January 8, 2017, 13:06:25 »

Got to say that the posts of the last few pages regarding the players/management/being a fan hit the nails truly on the head.

As an old fart I go back to the absolute dire experiences of the late fifities and the old Divvy 3 South but the game has changed in so many ways that I can only agree that the current squad and situation is not looking good and is as bad as I have seen it for a while, and we appear to be going backwards from where we were eighteen months ago. I still have trust that LP/TS/LW will turn it around, but time is running out rapidly and my early season optimism is diminishing with every game.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, January 8, 2017, 13:17:11 »

That's how it looks to me... shifting responsibility
I'm not gonna try and paint Rodgers as a good player, he isn't, but that's a load of bull. Most of time when he lost the ball yesterday was from a crap pass to him where if he'd taken the ball in he'd have been tackled facing our own goal. He got slaughtered for not diving into a challenge he'd have gotten nowhere near at the end of the first half, exposing a huge hole in behind that to me was the smarter choice. The fact he ended up getting beaten anyway unfortunately sums him up.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, January 8, 2017, 13:49:20 »

Whatever you want to say about Rodgers the idea that he doesn't look isn't true. Rodgers is always checking his position, and those around him. Look at any footage of him and it is clear. He lacks the ability to execute but he certainly checks his shoulders all the time, just as any coach would wish.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 8, 2017, 13:56:51 by A Gent Orange » Logged
REDBUCK

« Reply #183 on: Sunday, January 8, 2017, 14:38:25 »

And that's the problem, he plays to the coach and maybe if he stopped looking at his shoulders and stopped trying to get the highest pass completion rate, he might do something proactive on a more regular basis than the one or two glory passes a game.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, January 8, 2017, 14:54:01 »

Seriously? Coaching players is now a bad thing? That a bit Goveian.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 8, 2017, 15:03:17 by A Gent Orange » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, January 8, 2017, 17:21:30 »

If only we had a radio reporter that really asked the super coach some searching questions!  Jump on the three draws equals one win and say "No, it's six points dropped!"  Ask why he said there would be new faces for the Shrewsbury game and fuck-all happened - and I don't believe for a minute the statement that Sherwood told "somebody" in the car park that five new faces would be in this coming week - that's getting back to the Danny Wilson days when somebody would come on and say their mate's father-in-law's brother's cousin's husband is a taxi driver and picked up four pissed up Town players drunk before a game . . . or words to that effect.  Just fucking get on with it, sack or down-grade Williams and get now blood in the team.
To be fair to Williams, it's now not his responsibility to answer those questions - it's up to Power/Sherwood to. If they are, indeed, trying to make life so unpleasant for Williams that he walks, it fucking stinks.

As for unearthing a gem to be sold for millions, I agree, it's what lower league clubs are all about - if said money, or at least a good part of it, is reinvested in the team.

Apparently, every member of Bristol Rovers' team yesterday played for them in the Conference days. Just shows what can be achieved by keeping a squad together instead of starting from scratch every summer.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, January 8, 2017, 18:06:02 »

I know Rodgers has been crap generally but I don't think he was as bad yesterday barring one pathetic attempt at winning the ball that resulted in a Shrewsbury break that he didn't track back for.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, January 8, 2017, 18:34:11 »

And that's the problem, he plays to the coach and maybe if he stopped looking at his shoulders
Yes, he should have much less awareness of the game around him, bound to improve any player  Roll Eyes
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, January 8, 2017, 18:57:51 »

I may have said before, however I am (pleasantly) surprised that the majority of fans aren't accepting the mediocrity being served up and the complete inactivity in the transfer market.

Most on here were crying out for stability following the Black era and that's exactly what Power has delivered. FFS we had a poster not so long ago state he'd rather see STFC in the conference than follow a similar path to Bournemouth and end up playing top flight football! Thankfully that isn't the general view and fans are voting with their feet at the current state of affairs.

That we have entered 2017 with Barry and Brophy starting full backs is a travesty - you won't find a worse pairing in League 1. BOO? A liability however at least he can put the ball in the box rather than hit the first man every time like Brophy. The three of them will struggle to find a league club once they leave here.

I have seen reference to Rodgers only misplacing one pass in the 1st half yesterday. Nonsense. There were at least 3 or 4 and the bottling challenges to boot. Thomas little better however we can't say we weren't warned by Coventry fans. He has looked most adept at centre half however offers nothing in midfield. That an unfit/ill Kasim looked streets ahead of them in his brief cameo yesterday speaks volumes.

Obika has taken a bit of stick however he was the only (slight) danger we had for me yesterday and we look far more likely to score with him in the side.

Enough has been said about LW post match, the poor guy needs to be put out of his misery.

On a final, and very trivial, note....who on earth runs the STFC twitter page? It's embarrassing. Nearly every update is met with derision from fans.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, January 8, 2017, 19:33:08 »

I may have said before, however I am (pleasantly) surprised that the majority of fans aren't accepting the mediocrity being served up and the complete inactivity in the transfer market.

Most on here were crying out for stability following the Black era and that's exactly what Power has delivered. FFS we had a poster not so long ago state he'd rather see STFC in the conference than follow a similar path to Bournemouth and end up playing top flight football! Thankfully that isn't the general view and fans are voting with their feet at the current state of affairs.

That we have entered 2017 with Barry and Brophy starting full backs is a travesty - you won't find a worse pairing in League 1. BOO? A liability however at least he can put the ball in the box rather than hit the first man every time like Brophy. The three of them will struggle to find a league club once they leave here.

I have seen reference to Rodgers only misplacing one pass in the 1st half yesterday. Nonsense. There were at least 3 or 4 and the bottling challenges to boot. Thomas little better however we can't say we weren't warned by Coventry fans. He has looked most adept at centre half however offers nothing in midfield. That an unfit/ill Kasim looked streets ahead of them in his brief cameo yesterday speaks volumes.

Obika has taken a bit of stick however he was the only (slight) danger we had for me yesterday and we look far more likely to score with him in the side.

Enough has been said about LW post match, the poor guy needs to be put out of his misery.

On a final, and very trivial, note....who on earth runs the STFC twitter page? It's embarrassing. Nearly every update is met with derision from fans.

Andrew Steele-Davis. A cracking fella who is a massive Town fan. Its not his fault the team is shit
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, January 8, 2017, 19:38:12 »

Andrew Steele-Davis. A cracking fella who is a massive Town fan. Its not his fault the team is shit

Not the Twitter man's fault for sure but it appears nobody is taking responsibility for that one!

Clems Army!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, January 8, 2017, 19:42:21 »

I don't think it's him who runs it, there's some other guy who does the social media stuff according to the official site:

Social Media Manager
Callum Hampson

Either way it's fucking cringeworthy but it's how organisations and businesses tend to conduct themselves on social media nowadays
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, January 8, 2017, 19:55:38 »

the official  player interview/ news content seems to have improved since ASD went in.

not sure shut the load of dodgy emoji on the tweets mind, not the enthusiasms on some of the boycott cup games (oxford)

have to say I am guilty of moaning at the official  Twitter feed as if I'm talking to power himself.. sorry ASD. mind you, I'm sure power monitors social media from time to time...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, January 8, 2017, 22:57:36 »

To be fair to Williams, it's now not his responsibility to answer those questions - it's up to Power/Sherwood to. If they are, indeed, trying to make life so unpleasant for Williams that he walks, it fucking stinks.

As for unearthing a gem to be sold for millions, I agree, it's what lower league clubs are all about - if said money, or at least a good part of it, is reinvested in the team.

Apparently, every member of Bristol Rovers' team yesterday played for them in the Conference days. Just shows what can be achieved by keeping a squad together instead of starting from scratch every summer.

Can't be right. Bodin surely didn't.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Monday, January 9, 2017, 09:17:48 »

Another ex-Town player, Cristian Montano, didn't play for them in Non-League either (and he also started).

It's not rare to see promoted Non-League climb quickly. Rovers did better than Oxford did in that respect (who I expected to see in L1 much quicker than they did).
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: