Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Shrewsbury Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 44992 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 18:47:50 »

Toss up who was worse today, team, fans or ref. Think the ref edges it, but it's a close thing all round. And a special mention for Jones throwing his toys out of the pram at the end. Whip round for his ticket back to Liverpool?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 18:47:58 »

That was a crap game between two crap teams.

Was definitely a penalty, but didn't think it was a red card.
There was some positivity after that, 1-0 up and the opposition down to 10.
We weren't playing well, but better than a crap Shrewsbury side who offered very little.

A stupid yellow from Brophy after he slipped, lost the ball and brought their player down, then 90 seconds later, a stupid challenge a yard (luckily) outside the box and he rightly got a second yellow and that gave the Shrews a shot in the arm.

Didn't see their goal as I was having a piss but after that the crowd got on the backs of the players; plenty of booing, "Power Out" and "This Is Embarrassing" chants from a frustrated Town End and factions of the Don Rogers Stand.
I didn't agree with this with 15 mins to go as the game was still very much there to be won, but I think this affected the players as they were a shambles and a nervous wreck for the rest of the match.
Hylton was a ray of light when he came on and should be starting in an attacking midfield position.
That's got to be one of the worst midfield's we've ever put out.
Thomas, seems absolutely useless and i've no idea what his attributes are as he's probably 6'4", but crap in the air, slow, weak and offers no physical presence whatsoever.
Rodgers was, well, Rodgers. I didn't agree with the cheering and booing of him when he was substituted, what's that going to achieve?
Goddard did very little all game but scored the penalty so was obviously awarded MOM by the Sponsors.
Murray was the best of the midfielders, worked hard with plenty of effort.

Felt sorry for Norris who had a good game and made plenty of good runs but was never once found by our midfielders.
Obika played well and probably my MOM, although he does shoot too often from stupid positions.

Two points dropped and we desperately need some new faces next week as the fans really made their displeasure felt this afternoon.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 18:52:27 »

Well what can you say after that shower of shit

Vigs - Did not have a single save to make today. Looking at the replay of the shrewsbury 'goal' it looks very debateable whether the ball did actually cross the line. Only player who currently deserves the shirt.

Brophy - Clueless 2 yellow cards. First one completely his fault for completely fucking about rather than just passing the ball

Jones and Branco - Defensively solid today and appear to work ok as a partnership. Shame it will be broken up to accommodate Thompson

Barry - I felt he had a good game considering he has not played for so long.

Rodgers - Fuck off

Thomas - Fuck off

Murray - Good delivery from set pieces and again played ok

Goddard - Needs to do more when clean through on goal, should have put his body in the way of the defender so he couldn't make a tackle

Obika - Completely off the pace today

Norris - Worked hard but is never going to be a 20 goal a season player

Officials - Shocking again, the linesman somehow missed Thomas taking the ball about half a yard out of play in the first half and I'm not convinced regarding the penalty decision let alone a red card for it. How that can be awarded and then for him to say no when Hylton was taken out when he was only 5 yards away shows what an amateur he was.

The blame has to lay in the hands of the players and Power. Reinforcements are obvious to everyone and there is no reason why at least 2 should not have been in place ahead of today. The next few games are zero points on paper so we are really in the shit now even if the table doesn't suggest that right at this moment. How Rodgers gets any game time is beyond me when you have Tom Smith who has already shown more passion and talent in his short career than Anton. Why we persist in playing him let alone as a defensive midfielder when he can't tackle says it all. For anyone that was undecided on him the first couple of minutes in the second half from him said it all.

Caddis is available on a free and would provide us with some much needed experience. A strong leader in the middle of the park and a goal scorer is the least that is required. A switch to 4-4-2 to provide a solid foundation especially on the road and a couple of wingers to ensure there is service to the forwards.

FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 18:53:58 »

We need signings this week desperately, fans need something positive to talk about.

Glad I didn't make the journey today but will be in Bolton. See you all there.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 18:55:44 »

Toss up who was worse today, team, fans or ref. Think the ref edges it, but it's a close thing all round. And a special mention for Jones throwing his toys out of the pram at the end. Whip round for his ticket back to Liverpool?
What happened with Jones?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 19:03:30 »

Got to agree with Gingino on most of his points, but we were right in line and it was a penalty - even if a bit harsh, but how many have been given against us - and as he was the last defender had to go according to the letter of the law.  A bit unlucky in all honesty.  Obika was not himself, but why play him mostly on the left wing when  the only option is for him to try to cut inside and shoot?  Beaks and Norris should be playing much closer together, with Hylton raiding down the wing.  But we are so ponderous and predictable in possession that other teams can pick us off.  Needs changes, possibly a change of coach would be a good start.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 19:03:53 »

He's probably wondering what he has done to be given a loan ticket to shambles thistle fc.

Imagine going from Liverpool to having to play with our shower?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 19:04:21 »

We need signings this week desperately, fans need something positive to talk about.

Glad I didn't make the journey today but will be in Bolton. See you all there.

We've a 100% losing record at whatever they're calling the ground which isn't Burnden Park.  So recent norvern road trips....1-4 Scunny, 0-4 Rochdale, 0-4 Sheff U,  I admire your spirit  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 19:05:02 »

What happened with Jones?

Bit of a strop at the booing at the final whistle. Missed it but sounded like an arm flailing exercise.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 19:16:22 »

Of all the games I've seen this season, this performance = relegation. The number of individual errors, the lack of quality even for the basics plus the lack of work rate (closing down opposition and getting in position to help team mates in possession) was awful. I can't remember one decent cross going into the box.

Shrewsbury had lost their last three games. To go 1-0 up against 10 men and not be able to exploit the situation, and then look the weaker side says a lot about the mental state of the team and the ability of the coaches.

If we can't win games like this one, given the position we found ourselves in, makes me think we're fucked already. Any new recruit will have to be so good as to play every game from now until the end of the season.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 19:30:09 »

He's probably wondering what he has done to be given a loan ticket to shambles thistle fc.

Imagine going from Liverpool to having to play with our shower?
If he'd done anything to justify looking like a Liverpool player I might have some sympathy.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #146 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 19:30:22 »

That's 2 of the relegation places sorted. That performance was pathetic. If you cant see off a 10 man shit team when 1 up then you're fucked. I'm struggling to remember a worse or slower midfield. Thomas is just shit. Murray runs like a 90 year old - thats when he does run, he is so unfit. Goddard was total toss but there is some hope for him. Rogers performance was embarrassing for any professional. We then bring on an unfit Kasim and the midfield got even slower. Other than Goddard they should all fuck off now.
How about getting some full backs in, you know proper defending full backs - oh yes, we have got one but he's permanently injured and playing out of position.
Oboka was crap today but like last week, him and Norris are miles apart on the pitch.
If I was any decent player I'd be looking at getting the fuck out of Swindon. We are a total shambles all over the pitch bar the keeper.
If we do manage to stay up this season then I'd put a big wedge on us to go down next season. There are so many things wrong on the pitch at the moment. I can't see anyone with choices choosing us.
Surely Willams and Embleton have got be binned and, to be honest, I'd tell Sherwood to fuck off as well. We need a "proper" manager. Our players don;t have a fucking clue where the others players are. Fonz would make good runs and noone sees him. Its happenning with Norris now as well.
Fuck knows what training looks like as each week the 11 who go on the pitch look as though theyve never seen each other.  
I really hate this fucking team at the moment. Useless, bottling cunts.
It needs totally ripping up and starting again.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #147 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 19:31:44 »

If he'd done anything to justify looking like a Liverpool player I might have some sympathy.
He does, he's a whinging fucker.
On a separate note was anyone surprised when Goddard took the penalty that he didn't play it back to Vigs. How many of our free kicks ending back with Vigs?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 19:37:59 »

He does, he's a whinging fucker.
Ha ha, and looking for a fight at the final whistle
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #149 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 19:38:10 »

Bit of a strop at the booing at the final whistle. Missed it but sounded like an arm flailing exercise.

Jones and Barry clashed on the touch line just before the end, both going for the same high ball. They got some grief for that, then at the end the Scouser was mouthing off to the DRS which wasn't prob the brightest thing to do in the circumstances. Plenty of people politely telling him to get the next train back to L'pool. And to not come back.

I keep hearing that Rogers is Conference level. That's disrespectful to players in that league, in my view he'd struggle. With all those little flash 5 yard flicks that constantly end up as hospital passes he'd soon get lumped by his own team mates at that level, or below, coupled with his disdain for getting stuck in.

This is a woeful team.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: