Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Southend United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 17263 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 11:29:54 »

I would rather see Nathan at RB as it is his natural position and it can't have passed Sherwood by that we do look more solid with a flat 4 rather than 3 centre backs and 2 wingbacks.

Seeing Thompson on the pitch for 90 minutes would be a start, until that can happen regularly his position is probably irrelevant.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 11:35:31 »

Does anyone else think that we make substitutes too late in games? Thomas was a passenger all game, could and probably should have been pulled off at half time?

Southend, on the other hand, were very proactive with their subs

*Jeez was half an orange at best in my day.

* With thanks to Stan Bowles.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 11:37:16 »

Does anyone else think that we make substitutes too late in games? Thomas was a passenger all game, could and probably should have been pulled off at half time?

Southend, on the other hand, were very proactive with their subs

Apparently, Sherwood did the same at Villa. Never used his subs til late in games...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 11:40:20 »

TBF, it very nearly paid off. Hylton should have done better with the chance he got.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 11:55:39 »

Apparently, Sherwood did the same at Villa. Never used his subs til late in games...

Oh I thought you meant gave them a hand shandy at half time? Cheesy
bilko

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 12:14:23 »

Thomas has to be the worst ever midfield player we have had if any of you went to MK on Friday although the whole team were shocking for the first 30 minutes you wouldn't even know Thomas was playing. He offers nothing as a player in fact he makes Rodgers look good. Thomas for his size cant head a ball - cant tackle - doesn't intimidate his opponent - useless at passing and how this guy has managed to play league football is an absolute joke. If we persist with him in midfield then god help us because he is fucking useless. 
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 12:15:13 »

Did he sleep with your wife or something?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 12:21:20 »

Thomas has to be the worst ever midfield player we have had if any of you went to MK on Friday although the whole team were shocking for the first 30 minutes you wouldn't even know Thomas was playing. He offers nothing as a player in fact he makes Rodgers look good. Thomas for his size cant head a ball - cant tackle - doesn't intimidate his opponent - useless at passing and how this guy has managed to play league football is an absolute joke. If we persist with him in midfield then god help us because he is fucking useless. 
Adrian Bakali, Gareth Whalley, Ryan Harley to name but three who were worst. I don't really rate Thomas but you sum up a lot of our fans being over dramatic with short memories.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 12:34:45 »

Adrian Bakali, Gareth Whalley, Ryan Harley to name but three who were worst. I don't really rate Thomas but you sum up a lot of our fans being over dramatic with short memories.

As with many of our players, Thomas has got gradually worse as the season has gone on.....  Of last year's intake, the likes of Barry, Brophy, Iandolo and I suppose BOO, got themselves up to a near league football standard, from a very low base, but have all regressed.

You could argue that Norris is showing some improvement with 2 goals in 4 games, but it would have been hard for him to get worse.

The older heads like Nathan, Yaser and NSSJO have also deteriorated.  Vigs is the only one properly improving.
bilko

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 15:33:33 »

well Reg tell me what Thomas gives the team I want to be enlightened - hes not a box to box player - hes' not a defensive midfielder because he cant tackle - head the ball and useless at passing. He's not physical in any way - he's easily beaten and seems to be one paced like Rodgers.

i'm trying to think what he's good at to me he is stealing a living as a professional footballer and I'm glad he only has a 12month contract and I don't think je will be here next season but could be shipped out to play in LP's Irish team as I cant see any team ever coming in for him over here he is that bad.

Norris has improved he looks fitter and works hard and his first touch has improved and now our top scorer but needs to hit the net more and would have yesterday if Obika had squared it to him instead of wanting to be the hero and shooting himself and blazing over the bar.

Thomas is total crap and I find him really annoying that he shows no commitment on the pitch or any desire whatsoever.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 15:54:15 »

well Reg tell me what Thomas gives the team I want to be enlightened - hes not a box to box player - hes' not a defensive midfielder because he cant tackle - head the ball and useless at passing. He's not physical in any way - he's easily beaten and seems to be one paced like Rodgers.

i'm trying to think what he's good at to me he is stealing a living as a professional footballer and I'm glad he only has a 12month contract and I don't think je will be here next season but could be shipped out to play in LP's Irish team as I cant see any team ever coming in for him over here he is that bad.

Norris has improved he looks fitter and works hard and his first touch has improved and now our top scorer but needs to hit the net more and would have yesterday if Obika had squared it to him instead of wanting to be the hero and shooting himself and blazing over the bar.

Thomas is total crap and I find him really annoying that he shows no commitment on the pitch or any desire whatsoever.
Pretty sure he's got a 3 year deal. Agree that he is poor though & seems to not really be effective in any one position, not good enough to be a CB or CM imo. I'd play Tom Smith ahead of him & Rodgers.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 15:58:29 »

Pretty sure he's got a 3 year deal.
Correct.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36707240

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 15:59:41 »

Bad news for you I guess is that he is on a three year contract.

Think that the club took a punt on him in the hope that he could show the form that earned him the move to Liverpool.
He was a trialist in the summer before signing, so the club must have seen something in order to offer him a three year deal.

Trouble is, with the polish 'em up and sell them on policy, actual team building becomes almost secondary.

Granted that Connor Thomas hasn't set the world alight in his time here so far, but good job he could fill in at CB when needed early in the season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 16:00:25 »

I believe he is supposedly more of a number 10 which is a role he hasn't had any opportunity to play since joining us?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 16:02:40 »

I believe he is supposedly more of a number 10 which is a role he hasn't had any opportunity to play since joining us?
Where have you heard this? I can't imagine him playing anywhere further forward than defensive midfield!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: