Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Southend United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 17061 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« on: Monday, January 2, 2017, 07:47:45 »

We've got Power, they've got Ranger.  Make your own joke about a crap tv show from the 90s.

0-2.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 2, 2017, 08:08:49 »

Southend have been hit with a few injuries and it's possible Cox may not play today. Ranger has been carrying an injury but came off the bench against Charlton for them.
Head says they will still out play us and turn us over but I'm not listening so will got for a 2-2 draw with The Fonz coming off the bench and finding the net for us and one from Norris too
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 2, 2017, 08:43:21 »

1-2. Norris for us
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 2, 2017, 08:58:30 »

Fucking desperate!!  Atkinson will prove a thorn in our side, if the positive Swindon turn up from the first minute we will have a chance, if super coach Williams pre-match talk send them to sleep we could be two goals down by half time!
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 2, 2017, 09:26:14 »

Were going win 3-1 today att 6893.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 2, 2017, 10:02:27 »

1-3 unless their front two are injured.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 2, 2017, 10:26:19 »

Drab 1-0 lit up by a 25 yard scorpion kick wonder goal from Norris, who is then bought by the Chinese Super League for a fee thought to be in the region £100 million.

After a brief period in hospital, the chairman states that this is the greatest day in the history of this football club and that funds are in place for the right players should they become available.

Calvin Andrew is signed as a replacement.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 2, 2017, 10:49:40 »

I can't think that we've ever entered the 2nd half of a Div 3 season in my time, in such a desperate state. In both 81/82 and 10/11, we had more points in the bag at the equivalent stage....05/06 would be comparable, as were a point worse off, however a run of 7 games undefeated 2 wins and 5 draws, gave hope (illusory admittedly)

I suppose the nearest comparison would 00/01, when we had 23 points from 24, then a couple of dodgy results. However Kingy got in Matty Heywood and Michael Reddy in mid Jan. Matty headed the ball and got in the way a bit, like now the sort of thing we needed....Michael Reddy looked good and scored a few early on to get us some momentum. Sadly for Michael he never quite made it and his career was shortened by injury.

Then like now we're sort of relying on others shitness to keep us up...then Rovers did us a favour.

I don't expect for a minute Power will get in the experience needed.....but what about Alan McCormack  Hmmm
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 2, 2017, 10:54:00 »

I'm in Turkey. We always lose when I'm in Turkey. 0-2

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 2, 2017, 10:59:35 »

Surely there's time to get a flight back?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 2, 2017, 11:24:53 »

Full of meh and giving it a miss....be there Saturday.

I'm not there so hopefully a win....PLEASE!

Clems Army!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 2, 2017, 11:25:14 »

Big game today. I'd take a draw but expect a loss. Will be interesting to see the lineup today.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 2, 2017, 11:44:03 »

Surely there's time to get a flight back?

There is but fuck STFC quite frankly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 2, 2017, 11:47:07 »

Southend 12 games unbeated in the league, haven't lost since 8th October.

Last 5 away league games they had 3 wins and 2 draws scoring 10 goals scored and only 2 conceded.

Our last 5 homes league games have been 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat with us scoring 8 and conceding 3.

On paper it looks closer than it feels to most Town fans, mostly due to the fact that we have now only won 1, drawn 2 and lost 6 of our last 9 competitive matches.

The County Ground has never been a happy hunting ground for Southend, they have lost their last 4 visits to the CG and have only won 3 times here in the last 29 matches!

That said I just can't see past another defeat, I would be happy with a draw.

6,765 fans there with 761 from Saarfend.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 2, 2017, 11:55:18 »

Do you live out there?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print