Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: January transfer window - ins and outs  (Read 29555 times)
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, January 1, 2017, 13:00:48 »

This... It's been 10+ hours and my socks have yet to be blown off, ambition my arse!
them days of socks coming off are well gone.

Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, January 1, 2017, 13:32:48 »

at least they have a plan in place.

we may have too, but recent other windows suggest otherwise
We do have a plan. We go for players for little money who have no other club to go to.

Sent from my SM-G935F
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, January 1, 2017, 13:36:09 »

We do have a plan. We go for players for little money who have no other club to go to.

Sent from my SM-G935F

Oh yeah, like Vigouroux, Goddard, Ajose and Obika?
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, January 1, 2017, 18:35:57 »

Swindon in for Omar Bogle from Grimsby but Power will need to get his or someone's cheque book out as they have already turned down a bid of £250,000 from Barnet. Barnsley and Rotherham also interested.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, January 1, 2017, 19:00:19 »

Swindon in for Omar Bogle from Grimsby but Power will need to get his or someone's cheque book out as they have already turned down a bid of £250,000 from Barnet. Barnsley and Rotherham also interested.

If there is chance of making a profit on him in 2/3 years then he will front the cash like he did for luongo, gladwin, smith, vigs, goddard and obika........ It depends on what he values the player at that will be the deciding factor

I can't see vigs going anywhere for 18 months, his value isn't high enough to be sold now, 18 months his value will be at least 2/300k higher so would be prime to be sold. Apart from Ajose, we tend to sell after 2/3 years when the players have reached their highest value.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, January 1, 2017, 20:01:59 »

With the wage bill higher than last year and gates down, I think Vigs might have to go to bring new players in.  Club will be running at a loss at present.   
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, January 1, 2017, 20:20:02 »

With the wage bill higher than last year and gates down, I think Vigs might have to go to bring new players in.  Club will be running at a loss at present.   

Maybe not, LP might think fuck it I'll get the Luongo money back out of the ISA, and stop faffing about down the bottom of the table with this lot. I think he's been a bit unlucky with this years signings, not being as good as he thought. It might only take one signing to make the whole lot gel, be worth a punt on somebody for that chance.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #52 on: Sunday, January 1, 2017, 20:26:19 »

Maybe not, LP might think fuck it I'll get the Luongo money back out of the ISA, and stop faffing about down the bottom of the table with this lot. I think he's been a bit unlucky with this years signings, not being as good as he thought. It might only take one signing to make the whole lot gel, be worth a punt on somebody for that chance.
I admire your optimism. It would be good if you were right though. Although I still go to the games I have fuck all confidence in staying up this season. Even if we do, I have fuck all confidence in us staying up next season. This squad needs massive turnaround.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, January 1, 2017, 21:02:28 »

My thoughts exactly, he brought in players who individually are OK players, not world beaters but should be more than good enough at this level but due to confidence, motivation and experience they are being found out. We are conceding less goals easily since Sherwood took over so there has been some improvement but 2/3 players with a little experience and nouse should see us comfortably get out of the shit. We do need to replace 5/6 players but that can be done in the summer when contracts are up.

We have good games, we go and draw with Southend, Gills and beat Rochdale but then go and get hammered by others, we have the quality in the team to beat teams but for some reason they just don't gel and their heads drop once we go behind, Franchise showed we can come back from being behind (unlike at Sheff and Scunthorpe) so there are improvements being made, 2 defenders and a burly striker should see us fix the leaks for the time being.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, January 1, 2017, 21:07:49 »

I see no improvement since Sherwood has been here.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, January 1, 2017, 21:12:48 »

Away from home if anything we're worse, at home we're harder to beat since he came in, what that means I've no idea. Bar we're crap still, probably not yet crapper, just.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, January 1, 2017, 21:15:32 »

we were playing from the back and slow play, gifting goals for fun, now we play faster paced and teams actually work for their goals e.g. Franchise, first 2 goals came from brilliant play that most teams wouldn't have stopped.

We haven't turned the corner but we aren't as bad as we were, there has been some improvements but there is only so much you can do with blunt tools, Sherwood needs sharper tools which will hopefully be here in the next week
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #57 on: Sunday, January 1, 2017, 21:31:38 »

Defensively we're still a fucking joke. The midfield s total shite and up front we are blunt. If it wasn't for vigs we'd be fucked. Virtually all the players are as much spectators as we are as they watch the ball instead of attacking it. There's more movement in the arkells during a game than there is in our midfield. Williams and embleton are total shite and I can't believe they are still here
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, January 1, 2017, 21:39:46 »

we were playing from the back and slow play, gifting goals for fun, now we play faster paced and teams actually work for their goals e.g. Franchise, first 2 goals came from brilliant play that most teams wouldn't have stopped.

We haven't turned the corner but we aren't as bad as we were, there has been some improvements but there is only so much you can do with blunt tools, Sherwood needs sharper tools which will hopefully be here in the next week

Teams are getting far more shots against us now than they were before Sherwood's appointment.

https://thewashbag.com/2016/12/16/why-are-swindon-now-facing-a-shot-every-4-12-minutes/
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, January 1, 2017, 21:53:17 »

Been out all day, I assume the scarf above heads photos of all the new signings are in a different thread?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: