Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 24266 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, December 31, 2016, 12:21:58 »

I don't think it really needs him to put signs up or an advert in the Advertiser (of Shanghai Evening News!)

If someone wanted to buy the club they would have made themselves known ages back (bar some rumours when Sherwood was announced), I understand there is a dynamic chap pulling up trees at Solihull Moors.

We've no idea of what goes on in the background, but atm Power seems more interested in club collection than club sale.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, December 31, 2016, 12:42:18 »

What the actual fuck, does he only have one pair of boots, or if the insert has been added to counter a previous problem did no one think to try in in training.... And take it out if causing pain?

Either total bollocks or very tin pot.

He has orthopaedic inserts to correct an issue with gait (perhaps he has one leg longer than other, over pronation, etc). The insert "failed" so stopped working correctly - therefore Thompson got pain in his leg somewhere. He changed boots, but the damage was done and he couldn't shake it off. 

Hopefully its one of those that you wonder what the hell happened two days later because you feel absolutely fine.

Have to say I empathise with Thompson. He's doubtlessly doing everything he is instructed to do on fitness, strengthening, flexibility, motion and the like. Yet he's still brittle. I'm exactly the same these days, though I'm 43 so have that excuse. None the less its incredibly frustrating.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, December 31, 2016, 13:42:35 »

Is that 3 away wins in the calendar year?

I now view our games on the road as a neutral would and just try and enjoy a game of football.

Thought they looked quite decent and would probably swap their front three for ours (despite the City connections).

Looking at the positives, Norris played well and I think will turn into a decent signing.
Also the return of Brophy made a big difference, so hope he can stay fit and just continue to run at the opposition.
Seemed to be a lot more crosses going in, from both flanks, than in recent games.
I would maybe start with the 11 on Monday who finished the game yesterday.

Good turnout yesterday, as Christy mentioned, very good backing when one behind but dissent when two behind.
Wonder if the people giving out the ironic ole's when we managed to string a few passes together, were the very same who also found games where we had periods of sustained possession boring to watch.

An impressive stadium, but in the middle of nowhere and difficult to get to without a car.

M K is a strange place, in an alternate history scenario, the plaza in front of the railway station could have been used by the victorious Hun to hold mass rally's.
The plethora of unlit underpasses must be a muggers paradise.

All in all not the best of away day destinations.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, December 31, 2016, 15:21:19 »

Getting to the point where long standing fans don't even bother looking out for the score as they know the result is a foregone conclusion can't be acceptable.

Much like JJ, I didn't listen to the match even though I was at home and only checked the score at half time and full time. My only surprise was that we only lost by one goal.

I hate feeling so indifferent, but sadly I do. I shall go on Monday purely because I have a season ticket, but I don't have the enthusiasm anymore. I really do take my hat off to those who are still  spending a fair amount of money and time  travelling around the country supporting the team.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, December 31, 2016, 15:42:44 »

Cov & Bury both winning.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, December 31, 2016, 15:45:10 »

Sad  Currently 2 points above the dotted line ...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, December 31, 2016, 15:47:10 »

Cov & Bury both winning.

Pope
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, December 31, 2016, 16:11:55 »

Bradfud equalise
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, December 31, 2016, 16:14:06 »

Bradfud equalise

Not Worthy

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, December 31, 2016, 16:51:04 »

Oldham losing

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, December 31, 2016, 16:52:36 »

Posh equalise
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, December 31, 2016, 16:55:11 »

Some massive goals for us there!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, December 31, 2016, 16:55:13 »

I love it when a plan comes together...
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, December 31, 2016, 20:01:39 »

Fuck me this league is shite

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up