Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 24271 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 12:26:43 »

Haha this isn't even the worst team this decade

I'm struggling to think of a worse one, whose yours?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 12:29:07 »

2010-11

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 12:35:21 »

I respect your opinion, I don't agree with it but its all about opinions.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 12:47:54 »

I agree that 2010-11 was worse because that squad *should* have done better.

Opinions and all that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 12:49:20 »

I respect your opinion, I don't agree with it but its all about opinions.

10/11 side was better than this one at the equivalent point in the season, but the window sales of Austin and Morrison, without adequate replacement, made the second half of the season side at least in the top 3 for the dubious accolade of worst ever.

This current lot could very easily head that list by May.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 13:06:33 »

that squad *should* have done better.

Now that is unarguable. Poor up front post Austin as Reg says. At least this time we have an opportunity to change that from day 1 of the window rather than a panic Benyon.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 13:18:51 »

Yeah reg said it better. That side Feb onwards was worse than this is - the side up to January was on par with this one (but underachieving more as Rich said)

Say what you like about power, but he has shown time and again a willingness to get in the required quality (usually on loan) to dig us out of a hole. The rule change about mid season loans has fucked him over to an extent this season (not to excuse him - he should have still planned properly).

I've got every faith we'll get enough business done in Jan to strengthen the squad so that we won't go down, and finish in a similar position as last year

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #22 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 13:26:54 »

I still maintain we could be in for a decent season. it's a very tight league this year so far.

It all depends on how the squad is strengthened and, as Dave mentioned above, Power isn't afraid to put his hand in his pocket if needed. (Despite what some would have you believe). Make the right additions and this is the kind of league that will be easy to begin climbing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 13:49:43 »

the league is certainly worse/closer than it was in 2010/2011, so I can see where optimism  comes from.

can't see where the budget to by a good striker in January is coming from, but you never know
Flashheart

« Reply #24 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 13:51:51 »

the league is certainly worse/closer than it was in 2010/2011, so I can see where optimism  comes from.

can't see where the budget to by a good striker in January is coming from, but you never know

How's about from the same person that bought the other good players we had in the last 3 years or so?  Wink (Including Ajose)
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #25 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 14:18:49 »

On my way! Don't have a good feeling, 4-1 defeat unfortunately with Norris scoring our goal.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 15:18:04 »

Gave up looking for places of historical interest in what appears to be one massive car park.

So pre match preparation in Wetherspoons.

Hopefully a decent turnout of travelling consumer units tonight.
Important game, anything but a defeat will do.

If they get relegated, wonder if the stadium would become a Darlington Arena type white elephant.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 15:42:20 »

Gave up looking for places of historical interest in what appears to be one massive car park.

If they get relegated, wonder if the stadium would become a Darlington Arena type white elephant.

Darlo no longer play at the white elephant....it would be good to see them get back in the FL....in much the same way as it would be good to see Franchise crash and burn into the non league level they belong, and try and achieve FL status the right way.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #28 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 15:47:33 »

Here's hoping your last sentence comes true
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #29 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 16:07:16 »

The Beamish side was infinitely better than the current shower. Just an average side tbf.  Consider we've already lost more CG games than they did over the whole season; they reached the 4th round of the FA Cup, and as up til then a noted cup fighting club, it gave the fans a bit of a lift. That included winning 7-0 at Kettering, 3-2 at The Den and beating second in then Div 2, Carlisle at the CG after a replay.
I have to disagree on this, that season we were a division lower, it was our lowest ever league position, 7 of Mayes 17 goals were penalties, yes Quinn coming through was a bonus but this season we do have Young, Henry and Smith coming through the ranks.

That season also heralded the lowest average attendance post war in the clubs history, with the lowest 4 league attendances ever at the County Ground with just 1,681 vs Darlington, 1,876 vs Posh, 1,941 vs Mansfield and 2,164 vs Torquay and only one match (6,493 vs Shitty) attracted a crowd of over 4,600 (including a home game with Reading).

The fans voted with their feet that season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: