Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dry January...  (Read 4327 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 14:42:28 »

Right quick morale question.... I'm planning to put a sponsorship link for dry January on Facebook, due to my current medical condition I haven't drunk in 6 months.

personally I think people getting sponsored not to drink is a pile of balls, and it annoys me every year when people ask for donations on something that doesnt require that much willpower/sacrifice, however in my mind if other people have done it then why not try and raise some money for a good cause.

Should I feel guilty if I put a link up almost tongue in cheek asking for sponsorship ( not everyone knows my condition ) or just go for it and say fuck it

Turning it on its head, as you haven't drunk for 6 months could you not seek sponsorship to just get royally pissed for all of January?
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #16 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 16:15:02 »

Turning it on its head, as you haven't drunk for 6 months could you not seek sponsorship to just get royally pissed for all of January?
my doctor might not agree with you Sad

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 16:20:28 »

my doctor might not agree with you Sad

They don't all agree though, when I got badly my doctor advised I stay off alcohol and caffeine, after 6 months dry (which wasn't so bad - and made me realise I wasn't an alcoholic as I achieved it no problem Wink) I saw another consultant who seemed amazed I had given up the booze and just advised I take it easy, which I do now - still not allowed caffeine which makes me realise I only drank coffee for the buzz as decaf is rank! 
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 9, 2017, 21:41:24 »

Thea know you all for your comments, decided to go for it

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/MarkWhittle23

A week in and it's been tough but getting through it, had nearly £300 donated today after posting about it. x

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 27, 2017, 23:21:17 »

Thea know you all for your comments, decided to go for it

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/MarkWhittle23

A week in and it's been tough but getting through it, had nearly £300 donated today after posting about it. x
nearly £1k of donations for this in January, can't believe the response I've had - all for a very good cause

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: