Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lawrence Vigouroux  (Read 53286 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 16:06:33 »

That will probably cost him another 2 games on his ban
Assuming it's not aimed at Flitcroft...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 16:17:16 »

Assuming it's not aimed at Flitcroft...

That was my first thought too!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 16:27:24 »

Just tweeted saying ‘Double standards...’

presumably swiftly deleted?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 16:58:57 »

That was my first thought too!
Flitcroft has hung him out to dry and I do always find it a bit ‘double standards’ when managers criticise players for not respecting the officials.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 19:25:26 »

So what did Vigaouroux do? Just ranting at the linesman and ref ? Whats this about throwing a punch in the tunnel? How has Flitcroft hung him out to dry?

More details please....

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, October 6, 2017, 06:43:36 »

I guess this explains the hanging out to dry

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15579631.Flicroft_fumes_at_Vigouroux_after_four_match_ban

interesting comment on lack of discipline last couple of seasons!
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, October 6, 2017, 07:29:39 »

Flitcroft has hung him out to dry and I do always find it a bit ‘double standards’ when managers criticise players for not respecting the officials.

Totally agree.

He was moaning about the ref after the Stevenage game, even though we won, but now sees fit to come out with the whole patronising clichéd "I was brought up better", "I respect the police" blah blah blah.
REDBUCK

« Reply #127 on: Friday, October 6, 2017, 07:41:26 »

So a manager who tends to say it as he sees it, tells the player who behaved like a twat, that he behaved like a twat.

can't see what's wrong to be honest.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Friday, October 6, 2017, 07:58:32 »

Flitcroft has an amazing habit of bringing every interview back around to the fact he has been "brought up well", "shows respect", works hard, has values, knows the game, analyses, collects data, analyses some more, throws in some more respect, was brought up very very well (in case you missed it), microwaves... it's pretty dull. He'd be the world's worst dinner guest. He was asked about Vigouroux. But no, it's all about him!
« Last Edit: Friday, October 6, 2017, 08:00:59 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Friday, October 6, 2017, 09:31:33 »

So Vigs gets a 4 match ban for a few choice words aimed at the officials yet, Sadio Mane's boot to the face of Ederson is only 3?
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #130 on: Friday, October 6, 2017, 09:38:00 »

Surely you can all see that to get 4 game bans it's more than a few choice words isn't ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Friday, October 6, 2017, 10:15:59 »

that or he had some hitherto unknown 'previous' from the FA on future conduct hanging over him
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Friday, October 6, 2017, 10:22:10 »

So Vigs gets a 4 match ban for a few choice words aimed at the officials yet, Sadio Mane's boot to the face of Ederson is only 3?
One was deliberate, one was not
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Friday, October 6, 2017, 10:43:50 »

One was deliberate, one was not
But in the eyes of the FA it was, else there would be no ban...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Friday, October 6, 2017, 11:44:59 »

There are over 50,000 qualified referees in this country ranging from levels 10 to 1, there's enough in that pool to as a bare minimum create enough competent referees for the professional game. The fact that existing referees don't get punished is part of the problem as it doesn't give others the opportunities. We have the same old incompetent officials who float around the football league for the best part of a decade. This Breakspear twat will probably still be a football league ref in 5 years time and that's just not right. The assessors and PGMOL protect their own as a result the officials don't get held to account as they should.

But if they are a ref in the PL and they make a bad decision and it is highlighted as a 'punishment' they get banished back to the FL for a game or 2. Does that not show contempt for the FL that should a ref do something wrong they see reffing in the FL as a punishment.

It would be nice for all refs to be equal to have a pool of refs, and yes maybe those that are consistently given decent marks get to ref some of the bigger games but you would then also have the refs that know that if they are decent and consistent they can get the big games which to be fair if you do ref games you must want to do, would it not increase consistency.

And equally those that consistently marked bad there must be a way for refs that are 'non league' to be able to work their way up in the professional pool if they so wish.

Although lets be honest though not sure that the FA/FL give 2 hoots about the standard of ref's at lower level as long as their crown jewel is looked after.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: