Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lawrence Vigouroux  (Read 53038 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 12:35:05 »

The ref was shit though
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 12:50:30 »

How would you "sort the standard of refereeing?"

It's an easy thing to say and a hard thing to do. Ultimately, the standard of football in the division is largely shit so you have to expect the standard of refereeing to more or less match that. Yes, that's a pain in the arse and we could get round it by video reviewing a lot, but that would be at the expense of the free flowing game.
Lots... the fitness tests for refs and linos clearly don’t work as many can’t keep up with play so that would be a first step. Proper performance monitoring and disciplinary procedures by proper independent judges not ex refs as it’s a closed shop at the moment and they look after their own.
If an official is thrown out of higher leagues for not being good enough he shouldn’t be refereeing at any level as the rules are exactly the same so if your not good enough then you are not good enough full stop.
Make them accountable for their decisions, they should be made to explain and defend their decisions just like managers and players having media obligations. Similarly the football league themselves should be made to explain decisions and performances and not just hide behind disrepute charges for clubs.

In that Coventry game he got lots of really basic decisions wrong as well as the big ones and yet he just continues to get matches with seemingly no reprimands.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 12:53:47 »

Seems a little harsh to me.   Must have really hurt the refs feelings. Tosser.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 13:07:01 »

Bit stupid but it's easy to get caught up in the emotion and go mental at a referee. I've done it before.

4 games is daft though. Hopefully RCC can fill the gap but feel we'll miss Vigs
Flashheart

« Reply #109 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 13:27:06 »

Henry has been recalled.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 13:44:27 »

If an official is thrown out of higher leagues for not being good enough he shouldn’t be refereeing at any level as the rules are exactly the same so if your not good enough then you are not good enough full stop.

Make them accountable for their decisions, they should be made to explain and defend their decisions just like managers and players having media obligations.

You will have no referees left and be forced to play without them. There is already a massive recruitment crisis for referees because it's a bloody thankless job (which probably explains why more than a few of the current ones appear to me massive egotists - yes, I do mean you Clattenburg).

In order to be able to expect genuinely high standards of referees, you'd need to have a big pool of them and that just doesn't reflect reality.

Perhaps Swindon should never sign players release by other, better clubs because "the rules are exactly the same so if your not good enough then you are not good enough full stop"
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 13:50:09 »

Just had a look on the FA disciplinary website to see if there is anything about this, there isn't and it is shit.

According to them Michael Timlin still plays for us and is 1 yellow away from a suspension whilst Luke Norris doesn't appear to have a surname at all.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 14:04:04 »

That site used to be OK, something has gone very wrong!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 14:05:00 »

Lot of good refs wasted every weekend in the 4th official role when they could be out in the middle.
This would in theory improve the quality down the leagues.

Any cunt can operate & hold the board up and cop the abuse from both management teams.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 14:07:47 »

Henry has been recalled.
He'll keep sheets clean

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 14:59:28 »

You will have no referees left and be forced to play without them. There is already a massive recruitment crisis for referees because it's a bloody thankless job (which probably explains why more than a few of the current ones appear to me massive egotists - yes, I do mean you Clattenburg).

In order to be able to expect genuinely high standards of referees, you'd need to have a big pool of them and that just doesn't reflect reality.

Perhaps Swindon should never sign players release by other, better clubs because "the rules are exactly the same so if your not good enough then you are not good enough full stop"
So we just accept awful officials and that’s that? If their shit at their job they shouldn’t be doing it! Something drastic needs to happen as between this and the Stevenage ref they have just been embarrassments!

The player comparison is pretty woeful comparison as that’s down to the money clubs have to spend whereas the league decide what level a ref should be and pay accordingly!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 15:23:26 »

So we just accept awful officials and that’s that? If their shit at their job they shouldn’t be doing it! Something drastic needs to happen as between this and the Stevenage ref they have just been embarrassments!

Sadly until the teams get their house in order and the FA's actually back the referees its going to be shit.

I know its the Mail (first on the Google List sorry) but if FL referees only earn say £400 a game, you may be the best ref in the world but would you do it for that money. That money to be called a cunt by 10,000 people a week sworn at to your face by the players, slagged off in the media constantly by managers and pundits (who seem to rarely actually know the rules) etc etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2909239/Top-Premier-League-referees-earn-FIVE-TIMES-Football-League-officials.html

As noted elsewhere therefore you only get people with the thickness of skin to deal with it and as the shortage now shows only referees who are sticking with the shit rather than being retained due to their quality. Plus with the disparity in pay anyone at our level half decent is going to fuck off to the Premier League as quick as they can!

We have to accept it as shit is what the system churns out, its all very well saying they should be got rid of, and in an ideal world they should, but I am not aware of a massive queue waiting to step into their shoes.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 15:50:23 »

Sadly until the teams get their house in order and the FA's actually back the referees its going to be shit.

I know its the Mail (first on the Google List sorry) but if FL referees only earn say £400 a game, you may be the best ref in the world but would you do it for that money. That money to be called a cunt by 10,000 people a week sworn at to your face by the players, slagged off in the media constantly by managers and pundits (who seem to rarely actually know the rules) etc etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2909239/Top-Premier-League-referees-earn-FIVE-TIMES-Football-League-officials.html

As noted elsewhere therefore you only get people with the thickness of skin to deal with it and as the shortage now shows only referees who are sticking with the shit rather than being retained due to their quality. Plus with the disparity in pay anyone at our level half decent is going to fuck off to the Premier League as quick as they can!

We have to accept it as shit is what the system churns out, its all very well saying they should be got rid of, and in an ideal world they should, but I am not aware of a massive queue waiting to step into their shoes.
There are over 50,000 qualified referees in this country ranging from levels 10 to 1, there's enough in that pool to as a bare minimum create enough competent referees for the professional game. The fact that existing referees don't get punished is part of the problem as it doesn't give others the opportunities. We have the same old incompetent officials who float around the football league for the best part of a decade. This Breakspear twat will probably still be a football league ref in 5 years time and that's just not right. The assessors and PGMOL protect their own as a result the officials don't get held to account as they should.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 15:56:07 »

Just tweeted saying ‘Double standards...’
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, October 5, 2017, 15:58:22 »

Just tweeted saying ‘Double standards...’

That will probably cost him another 2 games on his ban

I come from a land down-under