Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nene Park - Stand & Floodlights  (Read 12550 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, December 29, 2016, 16:27:16 »

We're quite fortunate that although SBC owns the CG's footprint, the club owns the stands etc.  This has 2 benefits, firstly it makes it less likely that an owner could cash in Kassam style on the ground, but secondly stymies SBC preferred asset strip of giving the facility to their mates to run, and strangely looking to turn it into housing or similar when there's a cost.

As has recently happened with both The Oasis and Milton Road Baths.

Tory run SBC would probably love to give the CG to one of these dodgy shell developers , like the Croft mob, and a few years down the line see it turned into housing.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, December 29, 2016, 16:39:43 »

Is there any subject you can't drop in a dig on the tories? Mince pies?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, December 29, 2016, 17:28:16 »

Is there any subject you can't drop in a dig on the tories? Mince pies?
Brilliant until Thatcher came along.....  Grin
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, December 29, 2016, 18:32:11 »

Brilliant until Thatcher came along.....  Grin

The Puritans banned mince pies....Thatcher definitely had a puritanical streak, but probably not as strong as son of the Manse, Gordon Brown. 
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, December 29, 2016, 22:05:46 »

I think the bottom 3 at the moment will keep us up as they are really shit, any other season we would be relegated

Bottom 4?
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 10:35:02 »

If the stand does replace the Stratton bank, I would like to see home fans in there and Town End for away fans. Dad always talks about how good Stratton bank was back in the day.

Would also make sense as the away fans would be right by the coaches and wouldn't have to walk the length of the Arkells.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 14:33:15 »

Thatcher definitely had a puritanical streak, but probably not as strong as son of the Manse, Gordon Brown. 

I suspect also not as strong as the present incumbent, although she does seem to be arousing the nanny fantasy in many an old school tory!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 14:42:33 »

Other than just installing a roof, any redevelopment of the Bank would surely have to involved removing the bank to allow for a new stand with 'beneath stand' facilities. An alternative would be to just create a frame over the existing bank (I'm not sure, but the Putney End* at Fulham looked a bit like this). I can't see STFC (Power) having any desire to remove the bank, and if that was the case, it would be better to design a purpose-built stand to best fit the space rather than just inserting a cast-off.

Logic would suggest that if the Rushden stand was to go anywhere, it would be as a Town End replacement. Or, it could just be the Rushden roof that is wanted for the Bank.

*Interesting fact: air raid shelters were built into the Putney End.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 14:50:03 »

Other than just installing a roof, any redevelopment of the Bank would surely have to involved removing the bank to allow for a new stand with 'beneath stand' facilities. An alternative would be to just create a frame over the existing bank (I'm not sure, but the Putney End* at Fulham looked a bit like this). I can't see STFC (Power) having any desire to remove the bank, and if that was the case, it would be better to design a purpose-built stand to best fit the space rather than just inserting a cast-off.

Logic would suggest that if the Rushden stand was to go anywhere, it would be as a Town End replacement. Or, it could just be the Rushden roof that is wanted for the Bank.

*Interesting fact: air raid shelters were built into the Putney End.

To be honest to even install a roof would take a huge mount of ground works as you would have to anchor what is essentially a bloody great big sail/kite into something solid and an elderly brick and spoil structure would be unlikely to fit that bill, I would suspect any SE putting their PI insurance against a scheme would go very belt and braces.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 15:00:28 »

I suspect also not as strong as the present incumbent, although she does seem to be arousing the nanny fantasy in many an old school tory!

There was definitely an air of getting nanny in to clear up, after the naughty public school boys had had their fun back in the summer. The old skool Tories though would probably prefer their discipline administered by the other Teresa May.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 22:39:44 »

If the stand does replace the Stratton bank, I would like to see home fans in there and Town End for away fans. Dad always talks about how good Stratton bank was back in the day.
It was good. I used to always take my place underneath the clock with 10-20 others from neighbouring villages in the Stroud area.

The away fans used to have the corner section of the Shrivvy Rd. As already said, it made it easy to get to the coaches.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, December 31, 2016, 12:16:20 »

Utter bullshit in my opinion. The floodlights at The County Ground are currently the best they've ever been after a sizeable sum was spent on them not so long ago replacing all the light units. Add to that the cost of dismantling the stand transportation of it, demolish Stratton bank and rebuild the bloody thing would be ridiculous cost ineffective imo. Especially when The Trust claim they could put a roof on the bank and build a new toilet block for £250K.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 18:54:22 »

Anymore news on this from the Rushden end or the Swindon planning portal?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 18:58:45 »

Cant they be given to millwall
Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 19:09:18 »

Cant they be given to millwall

Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: