Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Malmesbury Victoria FC  (Read 6392 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 19:46:30 »

Sad day for local footy, Vics game abandoned after a total of SEVEN red cards shown!!  Vics were down to eight players so game had to be called off!  Apparently automatically lose the game 3-0, although it was 1-1 at the time.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 19:53:12 »

cool story bro
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 19:54:38 »

I liked it. I'm guessing mass brawl, but I'm hoping for something more imaginative.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 19:56:19 »

Sad day for local footy, Vics game abandoned after a total of SEVEN red cards shown!!  Vics were down to eight players so game had to be called off!  Apparently automatically lose the game 3-0, although it was 1-1 at the time.

But doesn't that mean the oppo had 4 off, so should have been penalised first? 

(Or perhaps it was the oppo bench that got sent to the, um, portakabin.)

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 19:58:51 »

More fight than our bunch of bottling cunts
adje

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 15:14:20 »

Remember playing against them in the 70s.used to get changed in the flying horse.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 15:16:18 »

...actually it might have been the flying monk

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 15:26:00 »

Surely the other team had 4 sent off though?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 15:46:33 »

Surely the other team had 4 sent off though?
I wondered about that, but if there has been a mass brawl I guess subs could have come on the pitch and been sent off without actually touching the ball!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 18:49:11 »

Could it be that Vics were already down to 8, then had a 4th sent off?
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2016, 00:00:30 »

From the Tony Kempster forum:

<Hi there, I'll try to fill folk in as best I can bearing in mind that there will be questions asked after this debacle! From a friend of mine that attended the game (probably the one acmold refers to).

First of all, no blame attached to the ref at all. He dealt with everything as best he could... he was a visiting ref from Poole as the TWL were short of officials today.

Young O's squad (2 teenagers starting, 3 more on the bench) holding out well but Malmesbury take the lead early in second half. Game then catches alight with a poor challenge earning a MV player a red card. Man on tannoy starts chanting "Let him die, let him die, let him die" as the 17 yo lad lies injured, receiving treatment.

10 v 11 soon becomes 9 v 10 as the injured player retaliates after a punch is thrown in his direction.

At some point, the MV manager gets his marching orders for berating the officials too abusively. Then on 76 mins, a third MV player gets a straight red card before OA level the score at 1-1 in the final five minutes.

It then kicked off as another awful challenge from a MV player flattens an OA player, reducing his side to seven men. A player then kicks the OA player in the back while on the floor and also sees red with the OA player following him, again for retaliation.

If you add in other toxic incidents that I can't discuss on here until I've spoken further to the relevant people, I can only hope that if proved, severe action should be taken. Whoever was running the PA there today should be ashamed of themselves, the language was indeed far too abusive and inciting a large crowd, many of who were inebriated, was something we don't want at any level of football. >
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2016, 01:05:36 »

Wow. That is worthy of national press coverage.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2016, 03:32:19 »

There is a report on the other teams website as well - http://www.oldlandfootball.com/
 haha

Would love to watch the highlights

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2016, 10:15:01 »

Wow. That is worthy of national press coverage.

No. it really isn't. Pissed up blokes and hungover blokes have been kicking shit out of each other on British fields from football year dot. In fact the games roots are partly in the inter village  festive scraps of the Middle Ages, which led to Edward III banning football.

Occasionally, something may end up with OB and a court appearance, as recently happened in a Sunday League game at Fairford

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/14980580.GUILTY__Jury_unanimously_convicts_footballer_of__criminal__tackle/

So rightly ends up in the local rag...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2016, 10:26:11 »

No. it really isn't. Pissed up blokes and hungover blokes have been kicking shit out of each other on British fields from football year dot. In fact the games roots are partly in the inter village  festive scraps of the Middle Ages, which led to Edward III banning football.

Occasionally, something may end up with OB and a court appearance, as recently happened in a Sunday League game at Fairford

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/14980580.GUILTY__Jury_unanimously_convicts_footballer_of__criminal__tackle/

So rightly ends up in the local rag...

Which is why this is a perfect old-fashioned Anglo-Saxon holiday news story.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: