Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Millwall vs Swindon Town Matchday Thread sponsored by Boxing Day left overs  (Read 19405 times)

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 20:45:30 »

Forgive my ignorance but wtf is Sherwood actually doing? There's been fuck all improvement since he's arrived as far as I can see.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 20:56:18 »

Forgive my ignorance but wtf is Sherwood actually doing? There's been fuck all improvement since he's arrived as far as I can see.

When Sherwood came, some of us said he should be spending his time on recruitment ready for January. Hopefully that is what he has been doing and we see some benefits soon.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 21:01:44 »

This side could have a world class manager in place and they'd still be struggling. There's no need to go soul searching for this lot, they're just not good enough.

I'd be inclined to give Sherwood the benefit of the doubt for being new had it not been made abundantly clear that he's been pulling a few of Towns strings for a good while prior to,  seemingly, the most pointless press conference we've ever had. The management structure is a mess.

January's transfer window is crucial.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 21:22:25 »

^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^

but I'd add that he needs to be the one that goes in front of the press. like you say, management shambles
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 22:44:41 »

And only one substitute used. Williams/Sherwood  or whoever is picking the team is a cunt !

That doesn't seem to be unusual. I can't remember when I last saw us use 3 subs.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 22:49:38 »

That doesn't seem to be unusual. I can't remember when I last saw us use 3 subs.
Sheff U away and Bradford at home
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 23:20:10 »

Sheff U away and Bradford at home

Ah, wasn't at either of those hence it feeling like ages.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 00:41:58 »

how many brave souls travelled Hmmm

287, lowest travelling support in lge 1 today apparently
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 09:33:12 »

287, lowest travelling support in lge 1 today apparently

I guess that's a handful of London reds, just as well Fulham weren't at home as it would have been fewer still + the hardcore Barnes coachites, the sort who go to Carlisle on a wet Wednesday night.

Think it's not solely down to the growing chasm between club and fans, but just a terrible Boxing Day fixture.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 10:42:02 »

It wasn't the worst away performance this season by any means.
The overall lack of quality is very apparent, hopefully one or two of the more obvious gaps can be filled in January to give us enough to stay in the division, followed by what is likely to be a major rebuild in the Summer.

Special mention to Vigs and what looked to be another outstanding save in the second half.

And flat caps seem to be back in fashion.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 11:17:51 »

And flat caps seem to be back in fashion.

An altogether good thing.

I spent yesterday morning in Faringdon, and there espied a young chap wearing a bowler hat.....once the more or less sole preserve of middle class city types and droogs.

The lad though may have been Wallonian, and thus making a Magritte style surrealist statement....a good look though.

FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 11:54:23 »

It seems from the games ive been too that our away numbers have fallen massively over the last few years.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 12:06:15 »

It seems from the games ive been too that our away numbers have fallen massively over the last few years.

Because we are properly shit away from home. No away wins in 18 I think I saw a stat yesterday.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 12:10:34 »

Because we are properly shit away from home. No away wins in 18 I think I saw a stat yesterday.
Oldham?

I used to be an avid away fan - even those wanky cup competitions.

Nowadays I can barely be arsed to go the couple of miles to the CG. There is zero buzz supporting Swindon these days.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 12:13:28 »

Actually I must have dreamt that stat as we beat Oldham.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: