Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Millwall vs Swindon Town Matchday Thread sponsored by Boxing Day left overs  (Read 19570 times)
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 17:42:32 »

Millwall were shit. We were shitter. No pace, creativity or ambition, defence a shambles. Same old same old really. At least I'll be home by 6.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 18:12:50 »

how many brave souls travelled Hmmm

About 200 maybe.

Apart from a 10 minute spell culminating in Norris missing a sitter we were rotten again. Millwall weren't great by any stretch of the imagination but they were stronger, faster, dirtier, more streetwise, harder working and won at a canter.

Morison is their best header of an all, it's no secret yet again and again he won the flick ons and caused havoc. For the second goal, I think me, stood at the back of the stand, the opposite end of the pitch was closer to Gregory than our defence were, pathetic defending, as per usual.

Apart from Vigs and Thompson, given the chance I'd sack off all of this lot and replace with a new lot. 2016 has been rotten for STFC, last I'll be seeing of the side this year thank God. At least I was home by 5:30.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #62 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 18:21:44 »

I'm paranoid, whys Williams suddenly mentioned 'shocking not bringing anyone in'?!

that better be a throwaway line and not aimed at pressuring those above.

I'm expecting 3 or 4 ins.
Why the fuck would an experienced player want to sign for us unless we're looking in the whalley, Ruddock, nalis category. Anyone decent will have choices. Unless we're prepared to outpay then I'm keeping my expectations extremely low. Can see some more young loans in who will be hit and miss. No 1 priority is a leader but can't see it happening. If we did pull off the signings I can't see Luke building them into a team. Can't see us offloading anyone we want to get rid of. I struggle to see how these things can happen without massive investment and letting players rot.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 26, 2016, 18:40:21 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
johnritsons toupe

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 18:30:21 »

Milwall mate been texting me all afternoon from the ND: 'We're shit, but you'er even shitter" was the general tone.

As soon as January falls, I'd ship out the following; Branco (great heart but too unreliable). Boo (can't defend). Barry (Ditto Boo) Thompson (nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, he aint no captain or leader of men, and he's too injury prone) Kasim (doesn't want to be here - fed up watching him sulk, knowing he's way better but rarely proving it) Rogers (enough said) Furlong (lightweight) Alfonzo (embarrassing).

If we lose Doughty, we're going to have to replace him with someone of equal ability too.

Power needs to spend money on putting right the situation of Williams hanging around like a bad smell. I don't blame him as he's got a couple of years left on his contract, but we need to pay him up and fuck him off immediately. Same goes for Embleton.

Both are out of their depth and are purely there for monetary reasons. The players know it, so do the fans, and having them around the place in a relegation fight is doing no one any good.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 18:52:23 »

Why the fuck would an experienced player want to sign for us unless we're looking in the whalley, Ruddock, nalis category.

Remember when we got Greer....he hadn't played for 18 months due to injury and was looking to see if he could play again really. A loan to start with, then a signing. He's still playing. It's rare for such a move to work, but we were similarly in the shit when he came, and he did the job.  I also have no belief, that we'll sign what is needed, but it is just about possible.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #65 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 19:00:25 »

That second goal is a shocker.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 19:14:49 »

Mate just rang me - his summary was no motivation, very little quality, just hoping they don't score for an undeserved point but once they went in front writing was on the wall.  Wants a new back three or four he said, and cut out the glory passes - just make sure you find a team mate!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 19:21:24 »

Wants a new back three or four he said, and cut out the glory passes - just make sure you find a team mate!

The problem is that is often sideways or back, because there's not enough movement from the players in front of them. Eventually one of them fuck up and we are a goal down, and we know that leads to defeat.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 19:21:56 »

And only one substitute used. Williams/Sherwood  or whoever is picking the team is a cunt !

When you're smiling.........
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 19:38:18 »

The problem is that is often sideways or back, because there's not enough movement from the players in front of them. Eventually one of them fuck up and we are a goal down, and we know that leads to defeat.
But Williams is the super coach from on high!!  Perhaps he is so far up his own ass that he doesn't notice things like that!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 19:38:54 »

And only one substitute used. Williams/Sherwood  or whoever is picking the team is a cunt !
And one of the strongest benches we have had for a few games!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 20:02:25 »

Why the fuck would an experienced player want to sign for us unless we're looking in the whalley, Ruddock, nalis category....

Mainly blind optimism and an inability to accept the truth.

I don't want a premier league has been in that mould. But there must be a few in the championship available at championship level with better experience and ability than we have now, surely? Affording them may be a different matter.

Unfortunately I can see a striker(s) being the biggest issue. I'm sure we all can. We are in deep shit if we have to rely on the crock and 2 carthorses for the rest of the season.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #72 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 20:07:17 »

Sounds positive, ill be making the trip to Franchise so expect a defeat as I haven't seen us win in about 12 games!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 20:28:45 »

That second goal is a shocker.

It's worse seeing it a second time. Nathan and Branco were arguing i noticed after that goal. No wonder, how can you leave one of the better strikers in the league so unmarked. Totally abject.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 20:37:42 »

I don't buy this super coach shite, he and Embleton should be long gone. Completely out of their depth.
A 'head coach' is not what is needed, but a manager is

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: