Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Christmas day quiz with a Norwegian twist  (Read 3539 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Sunday, December 25, 2016, 16:19:56 »

Every year there is a football quiz in one of the Norwegian comics, obviously there's a slight(!) bias towards Norwegian and Liverpool footballers but here you go. I'll post answers later/tomorrow.

Warm up
1. Which club won the Premier League last season?
2. Which club has won the Premier League the most times, 13 in total?
3. Which six clubs have participated in all Premier League seasons?
4. Which player - who retired in 2006 - is all time top scorer in the Premier League with 260 goals?
5. Which Welsh player has played the most games in Premier League?

First half
1. Which Norwegian has played the most games in the Premier League?
2. Which Norwegian has scored the most goals in the Premier League?
3. Which club was managed by Egil 'Drillo' Olsen and Lars Tjærnås?
4. Who was the first Norwegian who could call himself a Premier League champion?
5. Which tall Norwegian scored 34 goals for Chelsea?

Half time entertainment
1. Five Norwegians have played Premier League matches for Liverpool, who are they?
2. Which foreign defender was captain of Liverpool between 2001 and 2003?
3. The 2013-14 season was Liverpool's best in the Premier league, who was manager?
4. Which Liverpool player was top scorer in Premier League with 31 goals in the same season?
5. Liverpool's worst season in Premier League is 8th place, which season was this?

Second half
1. The record for most goals scored in one season is 103, which club achieved this?
2. Which Norwegian played for Wimbledon, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa before he went home to Norway and FC Lyn?
3. Martin Skrtel set what record for Liverpool in season 2013-14?
4. Which earlier Arsenal player holds the record for most red cards?
5. As a player he appeared for Wimbledon in the 1970s, as a manager he was relegated from the Premier League with three teams: who?

Extra time
1. How many clubs have participated in the Premier League since it started in 1992-93: 47, 53 or 56?
2. Three clubs have been promoted to the Premier League since it began but did not appear in 1992-93 but have not been relegated. Which three?
3. Which club won 14 games in a row between 10th Feb 2002 and 24th August 2002?
4. What has been the smallest difference in points between the first and second place at the end of a Premier League season?
5. Who was scored for seven different clubs in the Premier League - Coventry, Newcastle, Blackburn, Liverpool, West Ham, Manchester City and Cardiff?

Arnes supernøtt
Who was the first Norwegian to score in the Premier League?
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 25, 2016, 21:01:50 »

Before I start, is every answer Jan Aage Fjortoft?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 25, 2016, 22:55:17 »

Cheers for posting this Sonic.

Warm up
1. Which club won the Premier League last season?
Leicester City

2. Which club has won the Premier League the most times, 13 in total?
Manchester United

3. Which six clubs have participated in all Premier League seasons?
Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Everton

4. Which player - who retired in 2006 - is all time top scorer in the Premier League with 260 goals?
Alan Shearer

5. Which Welsh player has played the most games in Premier League?
Ryan Giggs

First half
1. Which Norwegian has played the most games in the Premier League?
Brede Hangeland

2. Which Norwegian has scored the most goals in the Premier League?
Oyvind Leonhadsen

3. Which club was managed by Egil 'Drillo' Olsen and Lars Tjærnås?
Wimbledon?

4. Who was the first Norwegian who could call himself a Premier League champion?
Henning Berg?

5. Which tall Norwegian scored 34 goals for Chelsea?
Tore Andre Flo

Half time entertainment
1. Five Norwegians have played Premier League matches for Liverpool, who are they?
Stig Inge Bjornebe, Vegard Heggem, Oyvind Leonhardsen... was John Carew there on loan at some point? Think there might have been a backup keeper too but buggered if I can give you a name.

2. Which foreign defender was captain of Liverpool between 2001 and 2003?
Sami Hyypia

3. The 2013-14 season was Liverpool's best in the Premier league, who was manager?
Brendan Rogers

4. Which Liverpool player was top scorer in Premier League with 31 goals in the same season?
Luis Suarez

5. Liverpool's worst season in Premier League is 8th place, which season was this?
2012/13?

Second half
1. The record for most goals scored in one season is 103, which club achieved this?
Newcastle in the season they finished second?

2. Which Norwegian played for Wimbledon, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa before he went home to Norway and FC Lyn?
Oyvind Leonhardsen? (I think I have him three times now so I guess at least one of them is wrong!)

3. Martin Skrtel set what record for Liverpool in season 2013-14?
Most own goals scored in a season?

4. Which earlier Arsenal player holds the record for most red cards?
Patrick Vieira

5. As a player he appeared for Wimbledon in the 1970s, as a manager he was relegated from the Premier League with three teams: who?
Lawrie Sanchez?

Extra time
1. How many clubs have participated in the Premier League since it started in 1992-93: 47, 53 or 56?
53 but guessing

2. Three clubs have been promoted to the Premier League since it began but did not appear in 1992-93 but have not been relegated. Which three?
I'm not quite sure what this one means to be honest. Didn't start in PL but not relegated since they came up? If so lets say Stoke, Swansea,  Bournemouth if first seasons count

3. Which club won 14 games in a row between 10th Feb 2002 and 24th August 2002?
Arsenal

4. What has been the smallest difference in points between the first and second place at the end of a Premier League season?
Don't think it's ever been on goal difference so I'm guessing 2

5. Who was scored for seven different clubs in the Premier League - Coventry, Newcastle, Blackburn, Liverpool, West Ham, Manchester City and Cardiff?
Craig Bellamy

Arnes supernøtt
Who was the first Norwegian to score in the Premier League?
This one actually might be Jan the man, right?
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 25, 2016, 22:58:18 by Nemo » Logged
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 25, 2016, 23:01:52 »

Think the other Liverpool player is something like Martin Skellenberg. The first Norwegian to score might have been Jostein Flo?
« Last Edit: Monday, December 26, 2016, 09:36:55 by donkey » Logged

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 08:52:30 »

Think the other Liverpool player is something like Martin Skellenberg. The first Norwegian to die might have been Jostein Flo?
Maarten Stekelenburg never played for Liverpool. Hes currently at Everton
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 09:01:42 »

I've just Googled Norwegian Liverpool players and cannot believe I got Veggard Heggem and missed the obvious one with over 200 appearances.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 10:24:49 »

Didn't Frode Kippe have a season at Liverpool and wasn't he Norweign?

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 10:35:25 »

Answers for all y'all:

Warm up
1. Which club won the Premier League last season? Leicester City
2. Which club has won the Premier League the most times, 13 in total? Man Utd
3. Which six clubs have participated in all Premier League seasons? Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd and Tottenham
4. Which player - who retired in 2006 - is all time top scorer in the Premier League with 260 goals? Alan Shearer
5. Which Welsh player has played the most games in Premier League? Ryan Giggs

First half
1. Which Norwegian has played the most games in the Premier League? John Arne Riise, 234 games for Liverpool and 87 for Fulham
2. Which Norwegian has scored the most goals in the Premier League? Ole Gunnar Solskjær, 91 goals in 235 games.
3. Which club was managed by Egil 'Drillo' Olsen and Lars Tjærnås? Wimbledon
4. Who was the first Norwegian who could call himself a Premier League champion? Henning Berg
5. Which tall Norwegian scored 34 goals for Chelsea? Tore Andre Flo

Half time entertainment
1. Five Norwegians have played Premier League matches for Liverpool, who are they? Stig Inge Bjørnebye, Øyvind Leonhardsen, Bjørn Tore Kvarme, Vegard Heggem and John Arnse Riise. Frode Kippe only made 2 league cup appearances. He's still playing and captaining Lillestrøm SK.
2. Which foreign defender was captain of Liverpool between 2001 and 2003? Sami Hyypiä
3. The 2013-14 season was Liverpool's best in the Premier league, who was manager? Brendan Rodgers
4. Which Liverpool player was top scorer in Premier League with 31 goals in the same season? Luis Suarez
5. Liverpool's worst season in Premier League is 8th place, which season was this? 2015-16 (last season)

Second half
1. The record for most goals scored in one season is 103, which club achieved this? Chelsea
2. Which Norwegian played for Wimbledon, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa before he went home to Norway and FC Lyn? Øyvind Leonhardsen
3. Martin Skrtel set what record for Liverpool in season 2013-14? Most own goals in a season.
4. Which earlier Arsenal player holds the record for most red cards? Patrick Vieira
5. As a player he appeared for Wimbledon in the 1970s, as a manager he was relegated from the Premier League with three teams: who? Dave Bassett

Extra time
1. How many clubs have participated in the Premier League since it started in 1992-93: 47, 53 or 56? 47
2. Three clubs have been promoted to the Premier League since it began but did not appear in 1992-93 but have not been relegated. Which three? Bournemouth, Stoke and Swansea.
3. Which club won 14 games in a row between 10th Feb 2002 and 24th August 2002? Arsenal
4. What has been the smallest difference in points between the first and second place at the end of a Premier League season? +8 goal difference, 11-12 finished with Man City and Man Utd on 89 points.
5. Who was scored for seven different clubs in the Premier League - Coventry, Newcastle, Blackburn, Liverpool, West Ham, Manchester City and Cardiff? Craig Bellamy

Arnes supernøtt
Who was the first Norwegian to score in the Premier League? Gunnar Halle for Oldham.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 10:47:39 »

Second half, question 4 is wrong mind...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 13:25:46 »

Don't blame me, blame Arne Scheie.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 19:07:11 »

How is the learning Norwegian going SY?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 19:09:25 »

How is the learning Norwegian going SY?
Been there, done that. I'm a bit rusty but the fluency comes back after a few days
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 19:10:50 »

Been there, done that. I'm a bit rusty but the fluency comes back after a few days

Oh! Apologies, I had it in my head that you were currently trying to learn. That's awesome.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 19:27:39 »

Oh! Apologies, I had it in my head that you were currently trying to learn. That's awesome.
I went on a course when I lived here, it was very very good. I've also been fortunate that my father-in-law is a Norwegian teacher so he was relentless in correcting me!
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, December 26, 2016, 22:09:02 »

And how's Uncle Sonic's Norwegian coming along?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: